Ford Ikon 1.3 Clxi Endura 2000

Thread Starter #32
Re: Ford Ikon 1.3Clxi Endura 2000

Guys another big update on the car. Car goes in for a Makeover. Somehow i squeezed my budget and left the car for Tinkering and Painting. Hope it it comes back soon. Modifying the car to ikon NXT model.

Guys another big update on the car. Car goes in for a Makeover. Somehow i squeezed my budget and left the car for Tinkering and Painting. Hope it it comes back soon. Modifying the car to ikon NXT model.
that's good news Bharat! Are you going in for a color change or keeping the same colour?

I too was talking to Ilango about painting my car, but then he is pretty held up with Siara & Tavera painting as of now. So, things are getting postponed.

Do share any specific info which you get while tinkering the car & stuff like that. Will help me as I will be doing the same shortly for my car's 10th birthday!.

Thread Starter #34

Gokul i am maintaining the same colour. My mom will kill me if i change the colour. She loves it. But i am trying a little brighter shade in the same colour Paprikka Red which comes in the New Honda City.

And here is another info while tinkering the car. I had a lot of problem with the rats coming into the car during the rainy season and the car used to stink.

After a full check up of how the rats enter the car. I came across a two small holes covered with plastic dummies in the boot of the car. One on each side behind the mat. I told my tinker to close the dummies forever so that when i start installing the ICE i want get problems. You too pls close those two dummies or the rats will ruin the wiring of the ICE.

Thread Starter #36

Just chked out the car today. Tinkering work has got started and it is in progress. Sorry for the pics clarity clicked them using my mobile in the evening.

Still i need to buy a new NXT type bumper and pair of headlamps.

Attachments

From picture , i feel the paste is almost white in colour , hope its not 80 rs paste , the worst one!

it will turn the color to yellow shade later on.

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team

Good that you finally decided to re-paint the car, which was extremely required. Now if you are planning to restore the ikon completely, perhaps you would like to consider replacing the fading headlamps too? Keep us posted.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #39

Good that you finally decided to re-paint the car, which was extremely required. Now if you are planning to restore the ikon completely, perhaps you would like to consider replacing the fading headlamps too? Keep us posted.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Yes replacing the headlamps, tail lamps and the front bumper too. Will be purchasing the stuff's today. [cry]

Thread Starter #40

Guys bought New

NXT model bumper for rs 3500

New OE Ford Headlamps for rs 4000 pair

New OE left door mirror for rs 600

New Chrome OE Ford Front Grill rs 1600

350Z

Core Team

Congratulations. The ikon is now ready to look like in a showroom condition, you bet. Did you bought the headlamps / taillamps of same model or new? And has the paint job completed?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #42

I bought the type 2 model i guess with glass cover. Still i havent yet got the Tail lamps. I am still searching for it. Still tinkering job is in progress. Car has got a hell lot of rust in it. I guess paint work will get started by Wednesday max.

Bharath,
Nice to see the oldie getting life back.
When is the tinkering and painting getting completed. Waiting to see the new face of ikon [thumbsup]

What sort of rust dude. Hope there are no minor holes due to corrosion. [:)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #45

Guys i am afraid it will take still a longer time to get the finished car. Still Tinkering Job is in progress. Tinker went on leave for a week. Just yesterday he was back and hopefully tinkering gets over by today.

And i had purchased few product for the car today:

OSRAM H4 Head Lamp Bulbs - rs 900
Garnish mould for front - rs 600
Head lamp Holders 2no's - rs 110
Number Plates - rs 550

Finally here is the pic's that i have taken today with the new bumper on:

Attachments

Top Bottom