DIY Alternator Upgrade of Maruti 800

Re: Alternator Upgrade After Installing Heavy Electrical Accessories?

Hi Varun,

have you confirmed if this upgrade is feasible with the ECU? i think ECU may get more than its designed for in this case. Also, please post some more pics of this upgrade.

Thread Starter #19

Still the process is going on.. The upgrade in alternator wont damage the ECU as the ECU in 800 wont read the amps\watts.. And definitely I ll post the complete process with pic's so that it ll help others like me..

Thread Starter #21

Hi friends, today's update, after all struggle we have fixed the swift's alternator with our old pulley by grinding some part of the alternator and its working fine. [:)]

Now stuck up with the connector, as it differs from our connector.

So friends pls help me out with the connector (if I can fabricate my self or can I use some other plug for this ?)

Attachments

@ varun,
you are really cool, there are lot's of people who plan or wish to do mods (including me) but never go to a level as you have done. all the very best for your efforts. may god be with you and help you all the time.

Thread Starter #23

@ varun,
you are really cool, there are lot's of people who plan or wish to do mods (including me) but never go to a level as you have done. all the very best for your efforts. may god be with you and help you all the time.

Thanks, People like me need support to finish these type of projects.
These type of things can't be done alone, we need atleast one more
person to help, here in my case its Vols6 our member. [cheers]

congrats indeed very few people who plan and also do the work . [clap] once again congrats

The lines in swift alternator
1. for rpm
2.for ingintion switch
3.for warning lamp.
4. direct main , that is to batt.

800's 35amps line is not usable now. so buy a thick wire , more than 8mm wire , hmm a 8g cable to direct battery ternimal. (this is for the 4th point.)

rpm line is not needed for you.

rest is simple.

hopw i have cleared all.

And as was held for the whole day , was not able to pick your call.

@ilango, varun is keeping me updated all the time about you. Thank you for your suggestions.

Today we went to buy a 6g wire, but the problem is people at these shops do not know about gauges. That guy just sold us a so called 14mm wire. It's not that thick. Do you think it's sufficient to carry 70amps at worst case?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #27

Please find the pic of wire (14mm) and the wire sleeve (protector) and the connector.

Ilango, Thanks for ur support. [;)]

Can we use that rpm wire also as I have an RPM gauge ?

We are also planning to keep the OEM wiring intact and adding a extra wire with it. Is it a good decision ? Or should we keep only new wiring ?

Will the wire in pic enough to transfer 70 amps power ? [confused]

Attachments

14mm wiring should do the job .

that is not a big problem , you can change them in later stage at any given point of time in less than 5 min.

Use the oem wiring , just 2 wires needed for 800. even checked a mpfi car that was in our garage. that is for the warning lamp.

the third one is the 14mm wire that is gonna be used by you to battery + , terminal.

the other one is rpm line , check and give to your rpm gauge that you have installed.

Thread Starter #29

Thanks, tomorrow morning we will finish this up and update.

Thread Starter #30

Hi Friends,[;)]

Today's update, after all the struggle and effort we have finished fixing the swift alternator into one of our car.
It's working fine more than our expectations. With all the load, that is headlamps(100\90),A\C (blower in high mode), 4 way indicators, power windows (1side at a time), the alternator is producing 14.4 volts (before it was 9.8 to 10.5 volts), hence now no problem with battery charging.

The second alternator has some issues hence given it for service.. [frustration]
I will post the detailed steps and pictures when we are doing it on the 2nd car.

Top Bottom