DC Avanti: India's First Sportscar

Thread Starter #1
DC Design, a very famous design house that carries the torch of car designing for India, has some major plans at the 2012 Auto Expo. The company plans to transform itself from being just a designing company to a full fledged production house by introducing a supercar in India.

Like all supercars, this DC Design supercar will be mid-engined. A turbocharged V6 petrol engine sourced from Honda will stoke 400 horses when you put your foot down.

The company planned to call this supercar ‘The Buddh’ after India’s first F1 track.

The car will be assembled in their Pune plant and the deliveries will begin in 2013. Initially, the company will only manufacture 300 units a year. Later, the production capacity will be expanded to 3,000 units annually.

Source:IAB

Re: India's first Super car under 30 lakh .

wow .. am so looking forward to it :)

a lot will be required in order to get this working in perfect order.
alot of research and development. CAn't wait

Why Honda's engines? why not make your own?

Thread Starter #3

With this car, we are making the transformation from a design house to a production house,” said Dilip Chhabria, the promoter of DC Design. “It will offer the looks, feel, dimensions, quality and fit and finish comparable to super-cars from Lamborghini and Ferrari, minus the horsepower.”

The car is going to be powered by a turbocharged V6 engine sourced from Honda producing close to 400 HP.

Source: Anythingonwheels

A turbocharged V6 petrol engine sourced from Honda will stoke 400 horses when you put your foot down.
Thats fantastic, where can we see any image?

Thread Starter #5

Today the car was unveiled by DC and Amitabh Bachan at the expo.As reported that delivery will start next year april.

zengetz

Suspended

I have never been an admirer of DC designs but this was something which I was following to see what DC could do. I would never want to be seen in this hideous thing!

Also correction above its not 400HP but a 240HP engine. I would not call this a super car.

It would be interesting to see how DC plans to sell this and offer service after sales.

Would you put 30L for this (Mind that there is absolutely no ground to stand on reliability since its DC first 'Manufacture')?

At times it used to make me wonder. Is it just me who does not think right about the DC design? Well, then i found you guys. Thank God.

Imagine if DC can run his outrageous designs and open one branch after another how many customers he may have. So in India every thing sells, this too will sell. Limited yes, but it will sell. As far as we as a community lets just agree we think differently [:D]

DC - If you ever get to read this post, i am sorry i called your designs Hideous. But they actually are Hideous.

Re: DC Designed - India's First Supercar To Cost Less than Rs.30 Lakh

Reliability would be a big concern, I have seen a few DC designed cars which were lying unused for months and the interiors like seats, other plastics and metallic parts were coming of like put together in a hurry. I would be more glad to see this Hideous thing not being driven on roads. Could anybody confirm the safety norms? Crash tests done?

I do not like the design very much. However I have to admit it is avery difficult understaking what DC has done. If the car is to smooth then people would possibly critisize that it isn,t a super car. If the lines are to sharp then it is old fashioned. If you use certain modern elements then it looks like an Audi, Porsche, Ferrari, Maserati or Aston Martin. It is very difficult to win, especially when the team is rather small. The likes of Bertone, Zagato, Pininfarina, Giugiaro etc have a lot more finacial power behind them, which allow them teams accordingly.

I wish DC well, but I am afraid that they will go down like the X-Bow.

Well I remember a Rolls Royce which DC did, it was hideous!! I remembered seeing it on youtube,here is the picture

Attachments

Hideous, to say the least. I hope it never makes to production, we already have too many ugly cars on the road. I have never liked DC'd designs, with the exception of the redone Ambassador. To me all this DC hoopla is has more hype than substance. No doubt that DC is the pioneer and probably the only well known car designer in India but his designs have got absolutely zero taste (thank God he didn't tampered much with the Aston!).

Hideous, to say the least. I hope it never makes to production, we already have too many ugly cars on the road. I have never liked DC'd designs, with the exception of the redone Ambassador. To me all this DC hoopla is has more hype than substance. No doubt that DC is the pioneer and probably the only well known car designer in India but his designs have got absolutely zero taste (thank God he didn't tampered much with the Aston!).
Agreed 100%

Sorry to say, but this is one of the most hopeless designs I have seen. And for 30L, hell no.

Top Bottom