Cost of Smoking the Headlamps?

Perfect work

I have a guy here. He tried his best but due to bubbles he finally gaveup. Will pinch him again in a few days with garware. Lets hope for the best[cry]
i wish i could also get my tail lights smoked but nobody does it [cry]
Hey Fellows,

My R15 tail light was smoked by Ilango, its just like awesome not too dark and not too plain. He made it the way i just wanted in fact its like a suncontrol film rolled over my tail light, i meant this due to its clarity. More over he also tinted my vinsor(R15) which was already tinted, even it was good for the second time [clap].

Ilango's work is just perfect. Will upload the pics soon.[:)]

I got it done on my bike today. Costed 100 bucks. I think its too dark though, will check it at night & then lighten the shade. As soon as i get time will get it done on the alto & swift both headlights & taillights [angel]

14092010274i.jpg

Last edited:
I got it done on my bike today. Costed 100 bucks. I think its too dark though, will check it at night & then lighten the shade. As soon as i get time will get it done on the alto & swift both headlights & taillights [angel]

View attachment 10355
Have you used sun film on it?
Yes,it is too dark,but,check for the visibility,if it is not decreased too much stick onto it or if it does cause a visual difficulty,go for lighter tints.Post pictures of night vision by the driver's view.

Hey Shonty its too dark IMO. Do update us how is the night driving.

I somehow have a feeling the vehicle's coming in the opposite direction will not be able to see your bike at all during nights.

Yes, its a bit dark for a 35w bulb. light is passing through with a 6000k HID look to it as the shade is jet blue. the light is enough to alert oncoming traffic. it was just an experiment to see how the guy does his work. will get a lighter shade on this & also on the swift's headlamps. will post a pic of the vision at 9pm[cry]

Pics

The light is reduced but my cam is 2mp. in real life its enough for driving on a (Street) lightened road. anyways will get a lighter shade[cry]

14092010275.jpg
14092010276.jpg

no i didnt find any solution i still have the bubbles but they are not big issue for me
you can try to do orignal smoking if you know someone who can do it for you

Last edited:
Hey man don you think the light throw is very less? Get a lighter shade soon. Since you are having HID'S its good else it would have been disastrous!

I remember someone mentioning in this forum to use pins to create small holes on the film to remove the air bubbles.

Dont wanna go for original smoking as i wanna keep the car's OE. anyways m working on it. trying different quality films. need something soft enough to stretch without getting teared & wrinkles. will post the result after its all done.

no i didn't find any solution i still have the bubbles but they are not big issue for me
you can try to do original smoking if you know someone who can do it for you
yeah the bubbles can be pinched to remove air. the major problem are the wrinkles caused due to stretching.

@ vishal which brand film have u used on your headlight?
is garware soft enough to stretch?[confused]

Hey man don you think the light throw is very less? Get a lighter shade soon. Since you are having HID'S its good else it would have been disastrous!

I remember someone mentioning in this forum to use pins to create small holes on the film to remove the air bubbles.
yeah the bubbles can be pinched to remove air. the major problem are the wrinkles caused due to stretching[cry]

Last edited by a moderator:
used garware src one but i have wrinkles on the corner of headlamps as you mentioned due to streching
try that the center of headlamps remains bubble and wrinkle free of else wont look good the corner wrinkles donot matter much

Last edited:
Proper Film

used garware src one but i have wrinkles on the corner of headlamps as you mentioned due to streching
try that the center of headlamps remains bubble and wrinkle free of else wont look good the corner wrinkles donot matter much
Didnt try garware till now.
* Local non-src = the best fit by now. stretches easily due to thin material, un-noticeable bubbles & slight wrinkles on the edges. I doubt its life though.
* Local src = material too thick & hard to stretch. Impossible to stick, lot of wrinkles.

The question is, will garware stretch? or should i stick to local non-src?

Top Bottom