Cars Of My Life – The Ignis (2021)

I heart fully recommend Idemistu Zepro Advanced Molybdenum technology 0W20. its the best any car can get which uses 0W20. All these Ecstar and Shell can not even match the performance 10% of the above mentioned oil. I am using in my two cars, as a tech savvy and Post Graduate Mechanical Engineer I am amazed with performance of this oil.

Last edited:
@Dr MUDHAN

Congratulations sir on getting a new car. Just like previous cars and the Albus, this car too will be well maintained and it is so lucky to be owned by you. I wish you many many happy and safe miles ahead. [cheers]

I'm surprised maruti still recommends DOT 3 as brake fluid. I thought almost every one else uses DOT 4. My 9 years old XUV recommendation is DOT 4.
Please check out your Honda city recommendation.
My Honda City manual says "Use only the original Honda brake fluid DOT 3 or DOT 4"

What is your Engine name plate on driver side door pillar. Is it K12M, K12MN, K12CC or K12N. Only K12N is Advanced Dual Jet engine with Dual VVT Intake and exhaust Variable Valve Timing technology one of the best engines. As far I know 2020 Dzire, Baleno and Swift are blessed with this marvelous engine.

Last edited:
No it is not same engine. It is 2015 K12MN engine just some modifications air intake and air filter assembly. The real gem of engine is below it is K12N just see the link below.
Maruti Suzuki K Series Petrol Engine - K15B, K12N, K12M and K10B Engines

K12N (Advanced Dual Jet engine with Dual VVT (Variable Valve Timing) technology) used in 2020 Dzire, Baleno Smart Hybrid MT, Swift
K12M or K12MN ( Regular K12 engine) used in Baleno MT/CVT, Ignis MT/AGS( which is your car) and Wagon R MT/AGS
I have shared the Images from Suzuki
1. Image 1 K12N how does it looks like
2. Image 2 Cars with K12N
3. Image 3 Cars with K12M

Attachments

Last edited:
Not all cars equipped with K12N engine are Smart hybrid system. In fact only Baleno is Smart hybrid( Which includes Li-Ion+ Lead acid battery this technology generates some energy from braking force) rest of the cars Dzire and Swift equipped with K12N from Lxi range are not hybrid( They are just stop and start tech, it should not be compared with Smart Hybrid. K12N is of different kind of engine where MPFI technology matured and with best outcome. Suzuki introduced this Advanced Dual Jet engine with Dual VVT (Variable Valve Timing) technology globally three years back but brought to India only in late 2020. The K12N is not just about Dual jet it is much more advanced in all matters if we read engine white paper and studies.

Last edited:
Even mine is Swift ZXi K-Series (K12MN)[cheers]

Dot 3 to Dot 4 except few degree boiling temp difference, nothing else. Performance wise both same. To cut some manufacturing costs some using Dot 3. Dot 4 is more prone absorbing moisture, so Dot 4 piping is expensive in order to avoid rusting.
So isn't Dot3 better? As DOT4 requires additional piping, only advantage is boiling point difference, and that is mainly concerned with ones who needs performance spec engines, while Maruti has Engines tuned for Fuel Economy, as well as CC is less(<1.5L).

Not additional piping, piping material, booster, booster diaphragm and proportionate valves, If any ABS module for all the mentioned materiel is different from Dot 3 material to take care of rust. Yes Dot 4 used in performance vehicles.

Thread Starter #29

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Congratulations sir on getting a new car. Just like previous cars and the Albus, this car too will be well maintained and it is so lucky to be owned by you. I wish you many many happy and safe miles ahead. [cheers]
Dear Srikanth (CRACING), I am grateful for your kind wishes. Honestly, but for your wholehearted support, the journey would not have been so amazing while we were together in the ALBUS thread. Thank You.

One of my cars Swift Dzire 2015 Zxi uses the same engine K12MN Picture attached. The same engine is still used after 6 years 2021 in many Suzuki cars. Suzuki is playing games with Indian market(Chalta Hai Chalne Do) attitude.
True. But we have no other option except to console ourselves that they are one of the proven and reliable SUZUKI engine. I understand, IGNIS sold in Asian countries have this engine only ; may be trying to compromise the performance and mileage in a cheaper engine.

Thread Starter #30

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
I would like to share my OBSERVATIONS and, MISTAKES which could be avoided while selecting the OE Accessories.
I trust this information would be very useful for not only the IGNIS buyers, but also everyone who are looking for OE Accessories for any car that they prefer.
CONTINUES...

STEERING WHEEL COVER: Part Number: 990J0M56RC1-020

IGNIS 2021 A.jpg

I was shocked to see the way the steering wheel cover stitched at the time the car delivered to us.
We expected a better leather type, and an excellent workmanship from the Dealer. Unfortunately, their accessories team disappointed us. Just see the pictures here.
On our grievance to RM, he sent a person to our home and corrected the same.

SEAT COVER: SEAT COVER - IMPLODE (PU & FABRIC)

IGNIS 2021 B.jpg

While selecting the Seat cover, we preferred a neat Black and Grey that is normally not seen in other IGNIS cars. Generally, the OE synthetic leather covers have some colored lines.
The one we really liked is appeared as very elegant, unique and with a fabric linings that good for skin.
Mistake: However, later found out the fabric linings at back and bottom would need proper cleaning if any other persons drive the car as it can easily absorb sweat.

DOOR SIDE CLADDING:

IGNIS 2021 C.jpg

We wanted it to be pasted in the right shape / line on both sides as we had noted that the same was not done and improperly pasted in our friend's 2017 car earlier. But again in our case, we felt it could have been pasted little lower to match the projected curves in the doors.

FOOT MATS:

IGNIS 2021 D.jpg

We did not want to do PVC linings over the original fireproof carpet in the car as we have decided to go for an easy to remove aftermarket 7D mats. The idea is, whenever the vehicle goes for service, we remove the 7D carpet mat and send the vehicle with smaller foot mats. Otherwise, the cleaning boys carelessly handle them during service and spoil them.
We wanted a smaller PVC Designer Foot Mat in Black as indicated in the Basic Kit that can be easily cleaned and washed. However, they gave us another carpet mat, which we returned, as they are difficult to clean.
Finally as no stock, we opted for a Transparent mats. Now, we feel, it is a good decision, as they are easy to clean, dirts are not visible and exposing the 7D mats design.

(Our aftermarket purchase of 7D Mats has its own story that I will share later)

3D Boot Mat:
IGNIS 2021 E.jpg

It's really good and makes the Boot space elegant

REAR WINDSHIELD LINE CHROMIUM GARNISH:
IGNIS 2021 F.jpg

We know most of the adverse comments on IGNIS is over the rear design. Those who liked the famous RITZ will not mind it. We felt, this garnish makes IGNIS better looking and preferred. It’s expensive @ 5K for the quality and finish. (We understand it is available for Rs.1000 at Delhi but of average quality and finish)

Of course, we have decided not to add any more chromium as the IGNIS has more than enough.

NEXT: AFTER MARKET ACCESSARIES, Please wait ! [:D]

Top Bottom