Best Entry Level Diesel Sedan: Manza / Dzire / Etios / Fiesta Classic

Best Entry Level Diesel Sedan?

• Total voters
Re: Best Entry Level Diesel Sedan: Manza / Dzire / Etios / Fiesta Classic and More

Fiesta is the best car in the segment(for me) which has decent looks when compared to the competition,matured ride quality,Best in class handling,but one poor thing is its A.S.S.
Next would be Manza which is now becoming a hit in the prospective buyers list.

Re: Best Entry Level Diesel Sedan: Manza / Dzire / Etios / Fiesta Classic and More

Fiesta is the best car in the segment(for me) which has decent looks when compared to the competition,matured ride quality,Best in class handling,but one poor thing is its A.S.S.
Next would be Manza which is now becoming a hit in the prospective buyers list.
I vote for Tata Manza. Never liked Ford for multiple reasons, & the space of Fiesta Classic is like hatch & not sedan. Even Vista offers more space !!

Each of the above cars scores in individual departments but i think overall i prefer Fiesta classic. The best drivers car out there in this segment right now. The Fiesta will bring a smile to your face when you drive it , none of the above will! I look more at driving dynamics so its Fiesta , if one wants space , comfort and features then Manza it is.

Each of the above cars scores in individual departments but i think overall i prefer Fiesta classic. The best drivers car out there in this segment right now. The Fiesta will bring a smile to your face when you drive it , none of the above will! I look more at driving dynamics so its Fiesta , if one wants space , comfort and features then Manza it is.
+1 It did bring a huge grin to my face [:D], none in the car understood why

If you want drivers car, Fiesta is better but if you care for rear passengers then nothing beats Manza. Fiesta though looks obsolete now.

Car Width Query

Between Toyota Etios and Swift Dzire both have width of 1695 mm . So why 3 people can sit comfortably in Etios backseat but not in Dzire [confused]

Re: Best Entry Level Diesel Sedan: Manza / Dzire / Etios / Fiesta Classic etc

With the launch of CLUB CLASS definitely it is TATA MANZA for sure...
Class leading features and price..

Between Toyota Etios and Swift Dzire both have width of 1695 mm . So why 3 people can sit comfortably in Etios backseat but not in Dzire
Etios backseat is more like Logan/Verito - Bench like.
Dzire has bucket seats even in rear, with centre arm rest.
The comfort for 2 persons in Dzire is more than Etios.
Ofcourse, most comfy is the Manza.

considering the maruti ass and service network, definitely the DZIRE
+1. And the new Dzire swung my decision towards it & ended up buying one.

Only because Etios is from the revered brand TOYOTA and Dzire from the down to earth Maruti.
Lol. [lol]

With the launch of CLUB CLASS definitely it is TATA MANZA for sure...
Class leading features and price..
Manza is good, no doubt. The only issue I feel is the engine feels a bit under-powered especially after you drive Dzire. Handling of Dzire too is better.
But if you are going to occupy back-seat & it's going to be chauffeur driven, then Manza is the best, infact it puts Rapid & Vento to shame when it comes to comfort.
BTW, I didn't like the club class manza. Reason - No beige interior options, all black & I personally dislike black.

The 90 ps Q jet engine is not under powered. As on all TATAs the engine is tuned for relaxed driving rather than performance. Also power to weight ratio is also low compared to DZIRE. The Q jet engine is also not a revv happy engine as the 75 ps engine. It has fair amount of turbo lag due to the VGT. Same in the case of SX4, ERTIGA, LINEA, PUNTO 90 PS etc...

The 90 ps Q jet engine is not under powered. As on all TATAs the engine is tuned for relaxed driving rather than performance. Also power to weight ratio is also low compared to DZIRE. The Q jet engine is also not a revv happy engine as the 75 ps engine. It has fair amount of turbo lag due to the VGT. Same in the case of SX4, ERTIGA, LINEA, PUNTO 90 PS etc...
Correct. That's why I said that it's not that good to drive but fantastic to be on back seat.

lf Mr. Birla agrees with me then I would like to own Ambassador with engine borrowed from manza (fiat) with ASS from Toyota.:lol!:
@Autosafari:
Are you sure you have driven a Manza as well as a Fiesta both?
Okay what my driving experience says that Manza looses nearly all its appeal once you cross 120-130 kph mark or even 110 mark and has the best(that's a joke) NVH levels too and I am yet to understand where does the Manza matches the high-speed stability and sportiness of a Fiesta?Also the pliant ride of a Fiesta?
Recently I drove manza@130 to 145 kmph for a distance more than 50 km.I didn't any of the problems mentioned by you .

In that case you can look at new Vista, Sedan Class, just bear with the centrally placed speedos.
Actually centrally placed speedo is a boon espesially during highspeed s, as you need not take your eyes off the road to notice it even for a moment.

Oh my god, No black color in manza!. The car looks really stunning & I fell in love at my first sight.
Is there any hope to get Manza in Black in next year?
Yes, Manza is back in black with the launch of' club class'

Hi, i vote for dzire because new swift dzire will be more vfm than manza
Now, this is really a ' venomous ' statement.

Now Maruti suzuki has promised homes for its employees at low prices after the Manesar strike.Where will money come from for the homes? This combined with waiting period and chopped off boot, how can one say that dzire is more vfm than discounted and readily available manza?

l I look more at driving dynamics so its Fiesta , if one wants space , comfort and features then Manza it is.
Space and comfort of manza is discussed a lot.But believe me driving dynamics are also good, only problem is that they are not discussed fully by most of the owners. Most of the drivers tend to think that will it overtake swiftly as the length and width of car is more?, then tend to remain behind the crowd in the city traffic. But with the proper use of RVM s one can quikly over take and change the lane .Just need to change the mindset and little practice. Also upcoming traffic starts giving respect to a fast approaching Manza.

In fourth gear it can be made to run continously @40 kmph with all feet off the pedals , gliding over routine size pot holes. It feels like a ' cruise control' feature.

Same is true with 1st /second gear @10/20 kmph. Most of us avoid using 1st gear for cruising purpose in any car ,don't know why ?
Only point is that all above things are less likely to happen at first TD. It requires 'some more experience of manza driving', again I say 'manza driving' not other cars.

So, finally vote goes to MANZA.

Last edited:

Well fiesta for me just for the driving pleasure , but overall package hands down manza , money goes for the luxurious rear seat comfort all the way .
I voted fiesta thinking iam buying car for myself , for entire family it can be manza .

We must add the sunny to in the poll .

Voted for the Ford Fiesta Classic Tdci. i being an owner of one may sound a little partial but if even today i am in the market for a diesel sedan in the entry level i would pick the Fiesta Classic. None of the so called Fords high cost of ownership and servicing and spare parts i have experienced till yet in the 1 n half year of our ownership. The service cost till date has just been 8.2k in total after 4 services. Its even less than a hatchback we own and then add the unmatched mileage. Have been getting close to 21kmpl everytime on tankful.
Plus even today it looks like a proper well propotioned sedan from every angle and not like what the other manufacturers are offerring - just a hatch with a after thought boot attached.
And in no way can any of those cars in the comparison come close to the ride and handling which is the USP of the Fiesta Classic. Plus the hydraulic steering is so addictive and if your someone who loves driving i am sure you'll have a tough time letting anyone else drive this machine.[:)] I have only driven except for Fiesta Classic , the Manza and Etios which are in this comparison. Manza for me lacks refinement. Very plasticky feel to everything inside out. Large visible panel gaps, massive turbo lag, notchy gear lever and a very long travelling clutch makes it a real horror for me whenever i am in the drivers seat of the Manza(Have driven it for close to 1000kms). And Etios is like the one car in which i would never want to sit again in my life. I think even the half priced Eon's interiors can make the Etios commit suicide.[;)] No offence meant to anyone. Just my personal experiences and thoughts.

Top Bottom