Became Punto Emotion-ed on 27th Jun 2012!

Punto on travel: Blore - Ooty - Coimbatore - Blore

Friends, it has been a fantastic experience with my Italian beauty till date. Completed 4500 kms in @ 3 months and have enjoyed every km driven! Here is a teaser pic of a memorable drive with my beauty. Travelogue and more pics to follow
Buddy, excellent click. And many congratulations for completing 5k kms.

BTW, what place is that?

Thread Starter #48
Time for a small update!

Gifted by Red hotty Absolute edition mud flaps & door sills [clap]

Much awaited accessories for my hotty were installed finally! Called up Prerana accessory guy (Lalbagh road) and told him that I would need quick job as I was going in btw my office hours. It was really a quick job done! Finished everything within half an hours time.

Cost: Mud flaps- Rs 899. Door Sills - Rs.402

So now! I have interacted with 3 Service centres. Aadya, KHT & Prerana. Till date my experience with all the three has been top notch

Here are the pics -

Door sills

E5 Image775.jpg

Mud flaps

E5 Image779.jpg

A comparison

E5 Image774.jpg

Thread Starter #49
I did get my Punto treated at Car Care India (RV Road, VV Puram), authorized Sonax people. Have to admit that people here really know the stuff relating to painting. They talk sense and are much knowledgeable compared to 3M. Mr. Suresh of Car Care India has been in this field for more than 20 years.

The following detailing procedures were performed -

a) Exterior paint protect and paint sealant
b) Interior cleaning and protection for fibre parts
c) Engine bay cleaning
d) Tyre care
e) Rubber beadings protection

Total cost for the above work came to @ 5k and I was totally satisfied with the quality of work.

E5 Image783.jpg

E5 Image784.jpg

E5 Image786.jpg

E5 Image791.jpg

E5 Image797.jpg

Thread Starter #51
@ Gurrala, these people will take the entire day because of their detail procedures. I gave the car @ 9.30 am and got it back @ 7 pm.... They dont rush up things. Hence if complete detailing has to be done, they accept max 2 cars per day!

@ Gurrala, these people will take the entire day because of their detail procedures. I gave the car @ 9.30 am and got it back @ 7 pm.... They dont rush up things. Hence if complete detailing has to be done, they accept max 2 cars per day!
Hmm, my question was how how long this treatment will last

Thread Starter #53
@ Gurrala, Ooops! Sorry for misunderstanding your question. Sonax claims that the treatment will have effect for 2 years. But considering Indian dust and pollution levels, practically its about 1.5 years. However,next time around such detail procedures arent needed.

After @ 6 months, they will check the condition of the surface again.

@ Gurrala, Ooops! Sorry for misunderstanding your question. Sonax claims that the treatment will have effect for 2 years. But considering Indian dust and pollution levels, practically its about 1.5 years. However,next time around such detail procedures arent needed.
After @ 6 months, they will check the condition of the surface again.
1.5 years? I really doubt.
By the way, what is it that will last for such duration- is it the shine, the smooth surface, the paint sealing or what?

Another thing- what is this fibre protection and rubber beading protection?

Anyways, punto looks beautiful there!

Thread Starter #55
The effect of paint sealant (which SONAX technically calls the Nano sealant technology) lasts for @ 1.5 years. In a crude way, one can easily find this effect while washing the car. Pattern of water droplets formation is different now as compared to what it was before. So this is one crude way to guage how long the effect will last [lol]

For benefit of all, here is the pic which shows the details of work performed -

Attachments

Thread Starter #57
@ Ambylovers, yes! 3M rates are quite steep.

I paid @ 5,000 INR for all the above mentioned process related to Exterior, Interior & Engine bay

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
so is banglore more polluted than delhi ? i'm just asking there are no 3m or sonax detailer in delhi [anger] there is no 3m car care in the entire north region.

also , red is the hardest color to maintain and seeing your last pic they sure did a wonderful job [;)]

there is one 45 kilometers from my home [sleep]

Thread Starter #59
This is quite strange considering the fact that 3M is on a spree in Blore. They have opened shops in almost every corner and are doing a roaring business! Its become a craze off late.

Thread Starter #60
Another small milestone - Friends, couple of days back completed 8,000 happy kms with my Punto in @ 6 months of its delightfull ownership [clap] Day by day my love & respect towards her is growing. As case with any auto enthusiast, received the honor from my wifey as to 'Your Girlfriend Punto gets pampered more than me' [lol]
But, my Wifey also loves Punto as much as I do but she doesnt express to play safe!

Attachments

Top Bottom