Red Hotty Exploring Queen of Hills (Ooty)

Thread Starter #1
Ground work:

Ooty being just @ 300 kms away from Bangalore, me and my Wifey wanted to visit since sometime now. After inclusion of my Red hotty into the family, the urge only increased ;) So we started our basic research about resorts options first. One of my cousin recommended Kluney Manor and read positive reviews about it on Trip Advisor as well. So stay options and leaves sorted out, we were all set to zoom to Ooty!

Basic stats about the trip:

-Place visited: Ooty
-No of Pax: 2 (Me and my Wifey)
-Duration of the trip: Sat to Tue
-Distances covered:
>Blore – Mysore via Kanakapura: 140 kms.Mileage – 21 kmpl. Driving
style: Sedate. @ 100 kms / hr
>Mysore-Ooty (including few sight seeing): 200 kms. Mileage – 15.2
kmpl. Driving style: Demanding ghats
>Ooty-Blore via Coimbatore: 465 kms. Mileage – 17.5 kmpl Driving
style: Cruising speeds 120 km/hr +
>Total distance: 805 kms. Average mileage- @ 18 km/hr

The Journey:

Bangalore – Mysore: Since I had to start on a sat evening decided to avoid crowded Mysore highway and took Kanakapura-Malavalli route. Though it’s a 2 lane road, condition is quite good and traffic is way to less. Hence can drive peacefully. We did a overnight halt at Mysore.

Mysore – Ooty: Sunday morning finished breakfast and started from Mysore @ 8 am. Experienced bit of traffic till Nanjungud but later on traffic seemed to ease a bit. After Gundulpet, upon entering Bandipur forest, the drive was a pleasure. With lush green forest on both sides and roads in excellent condition, just did not want the journey to get over. Now was slowly approaching @36 hair pin bends of Ooty! Wow, for the first time got an opportunity to test the handling prowess of Punto on a twisty ghat roads. And the way Punto responded to the conditions was just amazing! Reached Ooty @ 11 am and straight headed towards Kluney Manor!

Ooty-Blore: Chose to return to Blore via Coimbatore. Ooty-Coimbatore roads are narrow but excellent in terms of being close to nature. After Coimbatore its ripper of an highway till Blore. It was very difficult to drive Punto sedately on this stretch :P though road works near Avinashi and after Krishnagiri played little bit of spoil sport!

J1.JPG

j2.JPG

j3.JPG

j4.JPG

j5.JPG

j6.JPG

j7.JPG

The resort:

Kluney Manor was an epitome of Victorian architecture. Its just a km away from the Ooty main bus stand but yet calm, serene and a world of its own. Once you are in the resort, out side world is totally cut off! Staff were very courteous through and We were just blown away by excellent land scapping!

r1.JPG
r2.JPG
r3.JPG
r4.JPG
r5.JPG
r6.JPG
r7.JPG

Places visited:

@ Ooty – Pine forest, Pykara lake, Botanical garden, Boat house, Dodabetta peak
@ Conoor – Tea factory, Lamb’s rock, Dolphin’s nose

We experienced mixed weather at Ooty. It was raining and damn chill the day we reached Ooty due to cyclone. Weather next day was accompanied with bright sun shine. Eventhough it was supposed to be off-season, we encountered crowd almost everywhere. So was wondering what would be the case in peak-season [roll]

s1.JPG
s2.JPG
s3.JPG
s4.JPG
s4.JPG
s5.JPG
s6.JPG
s7.JPG
s8.JPG
s9.JPG
s11.jpg

Thanks for reading the travelogue [clap]

Attachments

Last edited:
@Carfreak

Nice travelogue buddy with some really good pics too !! you have made my virtual tour of OOty with your pics. Second pic of Punto is really good, keep it as a poster

Can you tell me where was your stay and what was the cost incurred on whole trip ??

Thread Starter #5
@Carfreak

Nice travelogue buddy with some really good pics too !! you have made my virtual tour of OOty with your pics. Second pic of Punto is really good, keep it as a poster

Can you tell me where was your stay and what was the cost incurred on whole trip ??
Thanks for your kind words! The resort name is Kluney Manor. Off-season price for the cottage which I selected was @ 2,500 per day for 2 pax including breakfast. In case you have further clarification, kindly PM me. Shall be happy to provide the details.

Carfreak, excellent Travelogue complimented by beautiful pictures[clap]
Many thanks KrisCar!

@Thank you carfreak, if I make some plan like that I will definitely take your help on that,

but was only checking such info keeping in mind about our inter-region meet, have you been to chickmaglur or sakleshpur anytime if so, please give your inputs on our inter region meet thread[:)]

Very nicely narrated travelogue buddy. And last pic sure was icing on the cake. What would be the best time to visit the place?

freakdude.

Wonderful short and sweet TL made me nostalgic

Phew,... Ooty i travelled twice but long back as a Kid (maybe 15 yrs back) [:)]

Well cant help that much as we have our own Pune Greens and Forts, Mahabaleshwar, Matherans, Lavasas, Pratapgads,, et all near Pune

BTW the snap of the Bison and the last snap is awesome!!

Thread Starter #12
@Thank you carfreak, if I make some plan like that I will definitely take your help on that,

but was only checking such info keeping in mind about our inter-region meet, have you been to chickmaglur or sakleshpur anytime if so, please give your inputs on our inter region meet thread
You can contact me any time. Sure will check that thread. Off late little tied up at work! This is the reason for missing Blore quick meet up as well [frustration]

Nice travelogue with excellent pictures
Enjoyed your photos.
Nowadays the no of travelogues in TAI is increasing.
Thanks Raj! Yeah, more the travelogues; more are the number of places we get to know [clap]

Very nicely narrated travelogue buddy. And last pic sure was icing on the cake. What would be the best time to visit the place?

freakdude.
Thanks freakdude. Well like any other hill station down south, the best time would be during summer. But the flip side is that it would be heavily crowed and accomodation shall be slightly on the higher side. Sept to Nov is also a good time to visit. Just after rains and before the onset of winter

Excellent Write Up Mate !! Very good narration & Fab pics enjoyed every single pic.
Hey thanks Santosh!

Wonderful report buddy, pictures are excellent
Many thanks Visran!

Wonderful short and sweet TL made me nostalgic

Phew,... Ooty i travelled twice but long back as a Kid (maybe 15 yrs back)

Well cant help that much as we have our own Pune Greens and Forts, Mahabaleshwar, Matherans, Lavasas, Pratapgads,, et all near Pune

BTW the snap of the Bison and the last snap is awesome!!
Good to know that TL took you through the memory lane! Wow! Thats amazing list of properties [thumbsup]

Top Bottom