Basic Types of Tyre Tread Patterns

GIIIs size 165/60 R12s lasted just under 18k on my car,
Just 18k![shock]
My GIIIs has compleated 12k kms peacefully. And I guess it should last anywhere around 35k-40k, where as the tyrewalla said that they lasts for 50k+ if maintained properly...

Last edited:
GIIIs size 165/60 R12s lasted just under 18k on my car, reason being that I drive hard and add to that the reduced radius of the tyre with that profile. The compound is also a little on the softer side. But I prefer traction rather than longer tyre life.
Oh, 18k is too less. Even i drive pretty hard but i am still running on my stock good year tires on my Alto. I feel they will last another 15k kms.

What only 18k??!! My stock BS tyres in my Verna lasted 50k KMS and looked good for another 5k KMS but a puncture forced me to change all the tyres.

Thread Starter #20

350Z

Core Team
Jalex, 18,000 Kms is indeed too early. In fact, my stock MRF tires are doing well at 28,000 Kms and have enough tread left to serve for next ten thousand kilomters.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I know thats very low. Most of my colleagues say I brake a lot and accelerate fast. This they said after following me in their car and they've never noticed this while they were in the car. Its not like I screech or drift while doing it, But still its enough to put a whole lot of stress on the tyres.

And its just not the car but the bike as well, My Unicorn's 3.00-18 rear tyre never goes beyond 10-11000kms. The front gets done at 18000-20000kms.

Blame it on the Motorsport days. We guys can finish a set of tyres in like two or three Special Stages and thats just some 60-80 kilometers max. If its soft compounds they can end up in one single S.S.

Another thing I like to add is that I replace the tyres as soon as the tread wear indicator shows up or at the maximum another 1000kms or two after that. I never take chances with worn tyres. And I guess most people who drive 40-50k, run them till the steel belts show up.

Hi guys,
I am bumping up an old thread.The time has come to replace tyres of mt Zen.Its on MRF ZVTS,fourth set.For a change I went and checked Bridgestone S248.But seeing the tread design I'm skeptical about the braking effiiciency.Does tread design affect braking?Anyone who used Bridgestone S248's?Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Aneesh.

^^No buddy I don't think the tread design will effect the braking, it is the material which play a role on grip and braking. We have installed BS after MRF ZVTS on our ZenD and they are really excellent in grip and every way. Go ahead buddy

I bumped into this thread too for a query . Will changing the size of the tyre's have any effect on the safety feature of the car( ABS and the airbag part )? Airbag should not logically have any relation to the tyre size upgrade. But ABS may just play the spoilsport.

Will increasing the tyre size have any affect on ABS?

bhvm

Honoured Member
Very nice thread.
Kindly add Tyre types info based on Criteria like

Tube or Tubeless
Use pattern - H/T, M/T, T/A and A/T
Speed ratings- V,S,J etc
Tyre accessories Like Chains, Spacers
Tyre Recycling info if possible.

Top Bottom