A Reality Check: How Many of Us Actually Wear Seat Belts?

Do you wear your seat belt?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #46
Raj, do you remember when we went to G-Sport for checking out seat covers for your Scorp? The look on his drivers face was amusing to say the least! 'Sablok ne seatbelt pehna? Sacchi?' :tongue:
Did you mean Sablog? Or else the meaning becomes something else. :biggrin:.

Raj, do you remember when we went to G-Sport for checking out seat covers for your Scorp? The look on his drivers face was amusing to say the least! 'Sablok ne seatbelt pehna? Sacchi?' :tongue:
no. i dont remember, what was that?

@ all: aditya got a stain on his shirt when he wore the seatbelt on the backseat of my innova! the innova's rear seatbelt was rarely used!

Thread Starter #48
no. i dont remember, what was that?

@ all: aditya got a stain on his shirt when he wore the seatbelt on the backseat of my innova! the innova's rear seatbelt was rarely used!
That's prone to happen. Unused seat belts tend to gather dust over time, and hence can cause stains. (Dust+Moisture from hands/AC=Muck=>Stains!):biggrin:

yes always wear seatbelts but only because its compulsory. and only wear on front seats not rear..

A big YES- front or rear. It has become a habit; feels somethings amiss if I do not put them on.

To get my parents and wife to put them on, I did this once :

I was going at a steady 30kmph on a relatively free road.Suddenly I pressed hard on the brake, and my parents and wife who were sitting in rear bench bumped into the front seats and were shocked(heart-in-your-mouth-style). They shouted at me saying why cant I drive carefully. Then I said - "This was only 30kmph and a controlled environment mother.We will be going on a highway doing more than 80kmph.Put them on, else the car does not move further." It worked, and worked like a charm ! Now everyone appreciates the importance of seat-belts and puts them on voluntarily.
You can not force anyone to do anything unless they realise it themselves.

Thread Starter #55
Now everyone appreciates the importance of seat-belts and puts them on voluntarily.
You can not force anyone to do anything unless they realise it themselves.
Not always. I forced my mom and dad, and they realized themselves the advantage while wearing 'em. :biggrin:

Guys this happened to me when in Goa, My car was stopped for checking of documents.
I was wearing seat belts all through the drive, But to fetch my DL from the Glove box, i had removed my seat belt and showed my DL to cop, he was trying to find fault but all documents was available.
But he couldn't find any, From PUC certifiacte to RC book.
The last thing he said was "Wear your Seat Belt". This irked me a lot, as i was wearing it all the way.
But unfortunate he had to say even when i had worn it all the way.

Thread Starter #57
This morining, our car was waiting at the Trinity circle signal, and as I looked at office-goers cars going by, I observed that 40-50% were wearing seatbelts!!!

@ Mukesh Thats bad , but do they stop cars for checking documents? We have travelled to several places but never we were asked to produce any documents , they just enquire our hometown then destination and let us go!

@ Arkin If it was Chennai only 25% would have been wearing it!

@ Mukesh Thats bad , but do they stop cars for checking documents? We have travelled to several places but never we were asked to produce any documents , they just enquire our hometown then destination and let us go!

@ Arkin If it was Chennai only 25% would have been wearing it!
I would have gone straight away, but why should i fear when i have all the documents. So stopped.

Top Bottom