A Reality Check: How Many of Us Actually Wear Seat Belts?

Do you wear your seat belt?

• Total voters
A video to demo this.
YouTube - Richard didn't want to die
If the occupant has not worn the seat belts and in case of an accident the airbag deploys, the occupant could directly bump on it, causing the airbag to blow up and becoming a killer bag instead. In all the manuals of cars (which are equipped with airbags), Mostly it is clearly stated to wear seat belts along. Also, for the safety purposes, in some cars, the airbags do not function if driver and passengers are not buckled up.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Its a habit for me to wear seatbelts immediately after getting into car. I mostly sit on front passenger seat(underage to drive), so I don't have a habit of buckling up on rear seats, but I try to do it most of the time.
My brother, on other hand, who drives the car never bothers to do it. I did ask him many times to wear it but chhote ki kaun sunta hai. Earlier, he used to buckle up on seeing cops, but stopped that too because no cop has ever asked/stopped us for not wearing a seat belt! [surprise]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i feel very uncomfortable if i'm not wearing seat belts , i know it's the opposite and mostly people say wearing seatbelts is uncomfortable.

Hi All,

My first checks when I get in Car:
Handbrake & Gear Check
Mirrors Adjusted
Clear my pockets from mobile phones (Just to avoid any distraction)
Finally BUCKLE UP !! I wear seat belt almost everytime & make sure the person on navigator seats does it before I make a move, reason is quiet simple its a rule, what matters the most for me here is safety. I respect law 100% in this rule. Worst part is I see my Cab drivers having that sarcastis look when I wear seat belt, which inturn is a signal indicating them to wear seat belts.

Drive Safe
Santosh

Really I am also got used to it[:)], I just cannot drive without putting the belt. I will also ensure that co-driver seat person put up his belt and even with my children to I never miss this. As they used to complain me in the beginning, but it has also become a habit for them now[clap].

I advice sincerely & seriously, if any body is not following this, please start doing this for your own safety and your loved ones !!

Actually eventhough I have habit of wearing Helmet while driving bike [not when going to local shops] somehow this seat belt matter i am conviniently forgetting. during the local drive completely not bothered. atleast while doing long drives in NH, i myself wear it and make sure the entire family wears it. But that too when we have a break or something after that we will forget.

That is the reason I asked in a thread that is there any method for seat belt alarm for the vehicle in which it was not there.

I feel a bit odd if I am not wearing seatbelts. In Bangalore, I have had cops jumping in front of the car and waving me off seeing that I am wearing a seat belt.

In Maruti dezire its a good thing that if driver is not wearing seat belt the red light keeps blinking [:)].
BTW i wear seat belt only when i have to go for atleast 5 km+ journey

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
In Maruti dezire its a good thing that if driver is not wearing seat belt the red light keeps blinking [:)].
BTW i wear seat belt only when i have to go for atleast 5 km+ journey
in cars like jetta , i don't know about all VW , it constantly beeps to remind you to wear seat belts [sleep]

Top Bottom