A Car for Learner - Budget Rs.2.5 Lakhs

Thread Starter #1
Hi everyone,

The same question which comes to every one's mind which car to buy? has finally struck me. Can all the "Car Guru's" give their opinions which would be very valuable for me.

Ill give a little detail about me which i think will help.
We have 2 cars in our family
1. For Ikon 1.3 flair
2. Honda city Zxi

I have just completed my Driving lessons and i need a car on my own. well now i am planing to gift myself a car on my Birthday which is approximately some months away.

my max budget will be 2.5 Lacks.

Thanks in advance.
bunty.
[cheers]

lxi.

Suspended
Re: Which car to buy?

Considering the fact that you own a Ford Ikon and a City , Which are nice big cars (I mean, Sedans). It is Nice for you to own a Sedan.
But since you have just learnt driving, I would suggest a Hatchback as it will be easy to drive because of compact body and nice visibility. And many of them will fit in your budget.

So, Are you looking for a hatch or a Sedan?

Thread Starter #3

Anything will do and i do drive my ikon without any prob.

A hatch will also be good it all depends on the budget.

What are you requirements?
petrol or diesel?
How many people will travel?(max)
ride comfort or driving pleasure?
What is its main usage?

Thread Starter #6

What are you requirements?
petrol or diesel?
How many people will travel?(max)
ride comfort or driving pleasure?
What is its main usage?
Hey crazy cat thank you for replying.

I am looking for a Petrol hatch/Sedan since i will be mostly using it on weekends.
and my ride should have that ride comfort and i will be using it for long drives during weekends and also some inter city like going to the mall etc.

Thread Starter #7

If you are in for a new car, then the Eon would be the best option for you.
It wont cross my budget? i mean the on road prize with all the RTO registration work and all.

:offtopic: sorry for double posting dont know how to multi-quote.

you have to stretch your budget for eon. you will easily get a good conditioned lancer in your budget. i had used second hand lancer for four years without any repairs. except regular services and oil change and tyre change no other maintenance was required.

I suggest you have a through scan of the used car market in your area and try looking for a lancer or a gen2 Honda city. Both are immensely pleasurable to drive and hassle free.

freakdude.

i would say you can try for the Eon or the Santro Xing and with few discounts they should cost around 2.5L - 2.7L.

Or go for second hand cars.

Thread Starter #12

I belive the D-lite + model would b in your range.
Kinda don't like the look of Hyundai Eon. [No offence to Eon owner's]. Just my personal opinion.

you have to stretch your budget for eon. you will easily get a good conditioned lancer in your budget. i had used second hand lancer for four years without any repairs. except regular services and oil change and tyre change no other maintenance was required.
I have heard that lancer has high maintenance. Please correct me if i am wrong.

I suggest you have a through scan of the used car market in your area and try looking for a lancer or a gen2 Honda city. Both are immensely pleasurable to drive and hassle free.

Gen2 Honda city = Dolphin type? or the old honda city.
I am keeping a track in the second hand car market [first choice]

freakdude.
i would say you can try for the Eon or the Santro Xing and with few discounts they should cost around 2.5L - 2.7L.

Or go for second hand cars.
Eon/Santro = I dont like the looks. I know they are good cars but sorry [no offence]

lxi.

Suspended

If your budget is 2.5 lakhs then better go with used Wagon-R's, They are doing good in used car market, Comfortable for 4 people, lesser in the maintenance front.

Top Bottom