2011 Volkswagen Passat 'Comfortline' Delivered (Pics Pg.2)

Thread Starter #31
Congratulations draven646. She is drop dead gorgeous. Request you to please post more pics of this beauty. Can't take my eye off her.

OT : I'm yet to see a Passat in B'lore. Is there a long waiting period?
Thanks Avindu - Yes, I am really enjoying this Car. And the waiting period for this car is not long - depends on the dealer - if he is keeping some in stock then you can get one off the shelf. I bought mine from Chandigarh - where the dealer did not have the 'Comfortline' trim in stock. I gave 1L INR as a booking amount and was given delivery in about 10-12 days from the factory in Maharashtra.. 7 days the car was in transit.

I will post some very detailed pics soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a bit late but congratulations draven646 , i just love the new Passat , looks great! I think the new Passat offers good FE too , probably the best in this segment i guess.

But how difficult has it been switching to an AT from a MT? Do you feel any difficulty in driving a MT now after driving the Passat?

Thread Starter #33
I am a bit late but congratulations draven646 , i just love the new Passat , looks great! I think the new Passat offers good FE too , probably the best in this segment i guess.

But how difficult has it been switching to an AT from a MT? Do you feel any difficulty in driving a MT now after driving the Passat?
Thanks Mate - Yes the FE is about 12 Km/l at the moment with about 800 Km's done...which is pretty good considering this is a big car with an Auto box and a 2.0 liter 170 BHP engine.

The 2011 Passat comes with VW's DSG (dual clutch) box which is a far more responsive box with minimal lagg time between upshifts or downshifts.

I have found the 'D' mode more than adequate for driving and overtaking in the plain's...put your foot down and the car just zooms....however in the hills...sometimes you have to overtake very fast with not too much off road available before a turn (golden rule of hill driving - never overtake on a turn)..I found that slotting into the 'S' mode - keeps the engine at higher revs and is more than enough for those faster overtaking moves - you also have the + - paddle shifts on the steering wheel to use as well.

I have no problems driving my other MT cars...since all day to day local running is done using the MT Cars.

Hmmm thanks for sharing the info buddy. I recently had a TD of Kizashi and to be frank i never was comfortable driving an AT. I get confused with the pedals since i am used to seeing three pedals all the time. I also once accidentally slammed the brakes under the intention of using the clutch to slow down! Is it just a mater of getting used to?

Why i am asking is increasingly most of the premium sedans are only getting AT these days. Even if i plan to buy one i am convinced about driving an AT since my first experience was horrible!

Thread Starter #35
Hmmm thanks for sharing the info buddy. I recently had a TD of Kizashi and to be frank i never was comfortable driving an AT. I get confused with the pedals since i am used to seeing three pedals all the time. I also once accidentally slammed the brakes under the intention of using the clutch to slow down! Is it just a mater of getting used to?

Why i am asking is increasingly most of the premium sedans are only getting AT these days. Even if i plan to buy one i am convinced about driving an AT since my first experience was horrible!
It will take some amount of time to get used to an Automatic - what is particularly disconcerting for most people is the lack of a direct input into the Vehicles performance.

However - these new DSG boxes in the VW's and Skoda's are very very good - I had also Test Driven an Automatic Accord during my selection process and found the VW Auto's to be far more responsive and refined. I also took a TD of the BMW 3 series auto car and the VW auto's were as good.

Also another feature that is now standard on the 2011 VW Passat & Jetta automatic's is the auto-hold feature.

Now if you are in city stop - start traffic in the 'D' mode - you accelerate normally and brake when you need to come to a dead stop - once at a dead stop - you can take your foot off the brake and relax - only pressing the accelerator when you need to start moving again. The auto - hold function ensures that the car does not move forward or backward.

In other automatics - you need to keep the brake pressed or shift the box into 'P' mode to ensure it does not move.

I have not driven the 'Kizashi' automatic so I have no idea about it's feedback and performance....I would suggest you take a TD of any of the DSG Automatics in the market - the VW Passat, Jetta, Skoda Superb and Laura - these will give you a good idea of how well the DSG box performs relative to our good old MT's.

Man, this is awesome! Congratulations.

Not having 30 lacs to spend, I'm currently looking at buying a used Passat[:D] Just wanted to know if you have driven the old Passsat and whats your impression?

Thread Starter #37
Man, this is awesome! Congratulations.

Not having 30 lacs to spend, I'm currently looking at buying a used Passat[:D] Just wanted to know if you have driven the old Passsat and whats your impression?
I did not test drive the older Passat but only sat in my cousin's.

The interior is nearly the same with the same features.

The exterior has been changed to quite an extent and the 'Engine' has been upgraded to 170 BhP compared to 140 BhP in the older one.

Since the DSG box is the same, I assume the older version is as good to drive.

I have now driven my Passat for nearly 8000Km's in about 6 months and its just an awesome car to drive....it has been returning a FE of 14 in City traffic and 18 on the highway.

Just make sure, you get your car checked thoroughly for mechanicals as a badly maintained Passat with mechanical problems will be very very expensive on breakdowns.

draven646 i am more than a bit late in congratulating you for this beautiful purchase, very nice color choice, FE of 14 in City traffic and 18 on the highway is quite good considering car is auto and so big. In future i also want to shift to DSG box in your opinion how much difficult it is to shift from manual to auto mode in terms of operation.

When hearing the name Passat the first thing comes to my mind is it's Auto Assist Parking feature. I think you have missed this feature. I am waiting for a compact car with this feature (just for a show off)[glasses].

Top Bottom