2011 Volkswagen Passat 'Comfortline' Delivered (Pics Pg.2)

Thread Starter #16
Re: 2011 Volkswagen Passat 'Comfortline' Booked.....

Immediate impressions

After tanking up - the next stop was a Lord Shiva Mandir located nearby for the pooja - All our cars bought in Chandigarh are taken there for a 'small' pooja.

We decided to stay on in Chandigarh for the night and then left for Mandi yesterday (8th).

Positives

1) The fit and finish in this car is simply superb - the quality of plastics and materials used both in the exterior and interior is A1 and exudes class.

2) The list of features is long and exhaustive

3) There is absolutely and i mean absolutely no diesel clatter within the cabin as you drive the engine is far silent compared to the Innova's when you are standing outside, but you know it's a diesel - however due to VW's superb dampening inside the cabin - there is no clatter inside the cabin very very impressive for us who have lived with an Innova for 5 years now.

4) The DSG Box is silky smooth and responsive - the D mode is superbly adequate for the plains and there is minimal lagg when you push the accelerator. On the hills - a manual is better for immediate spurts of power and speed when overtaking - but i found that slotting it into the 'S' Mode - makes overtaking a breeze on the hills.

5) The Music system and built in Blue tooth are superb - the sound of the system is great and blue tooth is easy and intuitive to use and pairs a phone very fast.

6) We have driven 360 Kms since tanking up and the MiD is showing a FE of about 11 (combine city stop start + highway driving + about 60 kms on the hills in 'S' mode)

7) So much info and features on the MiD that i need some time to figure all of them out.

Nit picking here but some Negatives

1) No attachment for the Ipod[frustration] - you can attach your Ipod through an Aux cable - but then you have to control the music flow through the IpoD and cannot control your Ipod music through the excellent touch - screen in the center console. the new Jetta's system connects the Ipod direct and lets you control the music on the touch screen display.

2) Difficult to get used to the Park-tronic system and the visibility while reversing severely limited by huge back pillars and boot - you have to trust the sensors - and it's not easy.

All in all - we are extremely happy with our purchase and the VW 'Passat' is every bit awesome as i though it would be. i will keep updating my experiences over time with this car. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #17

I wanted to edit the title of my 'original' post to indicate that the Passat has now been delivered and that pic's etc are up on page 2 but i can't seem to figure out how to do that - please help mod's and do the needful. thanks.

What a fantastic ride you got there.Keep posting the wonderful experiences with your german beast with a couple of picture[:)]

Hey draven646

Many congratulations for your beautiful ride. Really appreciate your crisp and informative write up on your experience. Wish you loads of happy miles. Cheers.

Monil.

Congrats Draven on your new car.
The HU looks to me as caska.
Would like to know the list of features.
Wish you miles of Safe & Happy Motoring.

Congrats for your new Passat Dear Draven,the car looks good and the interiors are designed neatly without too much of bumping or more drawn lines.
By looking at the 6th picture i feel that the Ground Clearence is good especially for bad roads.

Congrats @draven646 . Car looks awesome, hope your enjoying the ride.

I am in KL, Malaysia now. Will be returning to India on wednesday night. Have asked for delivery of our car on thursday. Lets see what happens.

One quick question have u installed sun control film in your car? Because of the weather in chennai it is a must. I was informed by sales executive they are installing 35% Dark 3M film for our car.

Thread Starter #24
What a fantastic ride you got there.Keep posting the wonderful experiences with your german beast with a couple of picture[:)]
Thanks Mate - I will take some more pics as I travel around and post them on this forum.
Hey draven646

Many congratulations for your beautiful ride. Really appreciate your crisp and informative write up on your experience. Wish you loads of happy miles. Cheers.

Monil.
Thank You

draven646 Congrats once again, Wish you happy driving miles, Drive Safe!
Thanks

Congrats Draven on your new car.
The HU looks to me as caska.
Would like to know the list of features.
Wish you miles of Safe & Happy Motoring.
Thanks - the list of features is pretty long...I will need to take a look at the brochure and list them all as I can't remember them all off the top of my head.

Congrats for your new Passat Dear Draven,the car looks good and the interiors are designed neatly without too much of bumping or more drawn lines.
By looking at the 6th picture i feel that the Ground Clearence is good especially for bad roads.
Yes - I drove over some very potholed roads on my way back home - and the Passat sailed over the bumps with ease and never bottomed out....a very comfortable and pliant ride the car has.
Congrats @draven646 . Car looks awesome, hope your enjoying the ride.

I am in KL, Malaysia now. Will be returning to India on wednesday night. Have asked for delivery of our car on thursday. Lets see what happens.

One quick question have u installed sun control film in your car? Because of the weather in chennai it is a must. I was informed by sales executive they are installing 35% Dark 3M film for our car.
Thanks pprajaa - your car in the highline trim should be simply awesome...I have not installed sun control film in my car (the people at the dealership did not suggest it either)...besides being in the hills - the climate is cool in summers and extremely cold in the winters - so i doubt i need film.

Hearty congratulations on the acquisition draven646! Passat looks awe-inspiring in white and the list of features does make it a car to be in!
Wishing you many happy miles with it. Do post some more pics once you are settled.

Thread Starter #27
It's been 10 days since I picked up my Passat (C/L trim) and I have now driven about 400 km's....the MiD is showing a consolidated FE of 12 km/l.

This car is the best car i have ever driven or owned (previous cars owned are the Cielo, Esteem, Mitsubishi Lancer, Qualis, Optra & Innova) and It's just a dream to drive.

The Auto-hold feature is a boon in city stop start traffic and also on steep climbs on the hills when one has to come to a sudden halt - just brake to a dead stop and take your foot off...the car just remains stationary till you press the accelerator again....the awesome Xenon Headlight's turn with steering input - thus illuminating everything - even dark spots around corners - another brilliant feature for the twisty roads in the hills.

I am just loving this car and would advise all future car owner's in this category to seriously consider the VW 2011 Passat when making a decision.

It's been 10 days since I picked up my Passat (C/L trim) and I have now driven about 400 km's....the MiD is showing a consolidated FE of 12 km/l.

This car is the best car i have ever driven or owned (previous cars owned are the Cielo, Esteem, Mitsubishi Lancer, Qualis, Optra & Innova) and It's just a dream to drive.

The Auto-hold feature is a boon in city stop start traffic and also on steep climbs on the hills when one has to come to a sudden halt - just brake to a dead stop and take your foot off...the car just remains stationary till you press the accelerator again....the awesome Xenon Headlight's turn with steering input - thus illuminating everything - even dark spots around corners - another brilliant feature for the twisty roads in the hills.

I am just loving this car and would advise all future car owner's in this category to seriously consider the VW 2011 Passat when making a decision.
Congrats draven646. Passat is a great car. Really happy for you. I own a VM Jetta, the 2010 CL version.
Enjoy the drive!

Congratulations draven646. She is drop dead gorgeous. Request you to please post more pics of this beauty. Can't take my eye off her.

OT : I'm yet to see a Passat in B'lore. Is there a long waiting period?

Top Bottom