My Torque Blue Swift: A Gift To Myself on My 24th Birthday

Hi shabri. Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Swift. Wishing you lots of happy miles in it. The alloy design which you have got looks really nice, I guess it is a new design from Plati. I would love to see the alloys on the car.

30k kms in 1Y4M is cool. You could have got a diesel Swift as your runming justifies it. Do keep updating this thread regularly with ownership updates.

Now we have 3 active Torque Blue Swift members - you, FordFiesta1.6 and anuraagshenoy.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #18
Hi shabri. Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Swift. Wishing you lots of happy miles in it. The alloy design which you have got looks really nice, I guess it is a new design from Plati. I would love to see the alloys on the car.

30k kms in 1Y4M is cool. You could have got a diesel Swift as your runming justifies it. Do keep updating this thread regularly with ownership updates.

Now we have 3 active Torque Blue Swift members - you, FordFiesta1.6 and anuraagshenoy.
thank you so much ice_wise.and yes the alloys are new design from plati when i asked the alloys dealer.soon i will upgrade the tyre,going for 205/55/15 profile in Yokohama s drive.i want to know whether 205/55/15 will affect my cars mileage and initial pickup?do you have any idea?

Yes, Keep updating the thread shabri, and can i take the same for my thread icewise.[;)]
sure vinesh since im out of india im not able to update frequently.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you so much ice_wise.and yes the alloys are new design from plati when i asked the alloys dealer.soon i will upgrade the tyre,going for 205/55/15 profile in Yokohama s drive.i want to know whether 205/55/15 will affect my cars mileage and initial pickup?do you have any idea?
If you can find tyres in 205/60, 205/60R15 would be a better upsize. Otherwise 205/55R15 is also acceptable. 195/60 is even better, and I would advice this as it has lesser chances of scraping the fenders on full load/bumps.

Mileage will decrease and pickup will also decrease, but it won't change drastically. It would not be noticeable unless you do timed laps or drag races. Steering, OTOH, will become harder and this would be more noticeable at parking/city speeds. Highway stability will improve by leaps and bounds.

Change in the 2 factors may be controlled by a big margin due to the lightweight alloys, but do not consider that aspect. Go ahead!

Thread Starter #21
If you can find tyres in 205/60, 205/60R15 would be a better upsize. Otherwise 205/55R15 is also acceptable. 195/60 is even better, and I would advice this as it has lesser chances of scraping the fenders on full load/bumps.

Mileage will decrease and pickup will also decrease, but it won't change drastically. It would not be noticeable unless you do timed laps or drag races. Steering, OTOH, will become harder and this would be more noticeable at parking/city speeds. Highway stability will improve by leaps and bounds.

Change in the 2 factors may be controlled by a big margin due to the lightweight alloys, but do not consider that aspect. Go ahead!
thanks for your information buddy but im still confused because when i asked my friend who is running a tyre shop in coimbatore said there wont be any change in mileage and pickup if i upgrade to 205/55/155.

thanks shabri, i wish you come soon to india.
thank you.still 6 months left to see my car[frustration].

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for your information buddy but im still confused because when i asked my friend who is running a tyre shop in coimbatore said there wont be any change in mileage and pickup if i upgrade to 205/55/155.
Yes shabri there are lot of changes to scrape the fender due to full load in 205 section tyres and also as ice wise said the mileage will surely reduce to heavy grips on the road you have to accelerate the car more and the end result would be surely decrease in mileage and pick up. So i would strongly recommend you 195 section it would be the better option. and also the steering becomes tighter so parking and taking a quick U turn inside Bumper To Bumper city traffic would becomes really tough. and swift's main key point is its manoeuvrability inside city traffic and its main help in it is the light weight steering. so if you upgrade the tyres to 205 section it go go completely.

Last edited:
No offence to your friend, but he is doing a business and you know how a business runs. There are many who will say anything to seal the deal, but only some of them will give correct advice. [;)] I am not saying he is totally wrong, because if the weight of the alloys is less (which it is in most cases), they will compensate for the decrease in mileage by wide tyres. But one needs to calculate small perimeters before arriving to a conclusion.

As FordFiesta1.6 said, Swift's light steering is a boon (I had a Dzire) in city traffic and going for 205 (straight from 165 section) means that you will 100% find the steering to be tighter/harder to turn. That I can bet.

Regarding the mileage and acceleration, the decrease would be very marginal and would often go unnoticed. Wider tyres give wider contact patch and produce more friction as they push against the road to move the car forward. Result is that you will have to revv a bit more (not noticeable unless you keep an eye on RPM) to do the same speeds which you managed in stock setup. As a result, mileage decreases. Acceleration decreases as you will be attempting to move wider (grippy) tyres with the same engine. Simple it is, but not worth considering as the difference is very marginal. Still 195 section would be a better bet overall, comfort and grip wise. If you do trips with 4 or 5 passengers very often or you travel on bad roads very often, it is better to go for 195 section.

After all, the look which you will get after you walk away (after parking) will make up for the dukh you will get while turning the steering. [lol]

Thread Starter #24
No offence to your friend, but he is doing a business and you know how a business runs. There are many who will say anything to seal the deal, but only some of them will give correct advice. [;)] I am not saying he is totally wrong, because if the weight of the alloys is less (which it is in most cases), they will compensate for the decrease in mileage by wide tyres. But one needs to calculate small perimeters before arriving to a conclusion.

As FordFiesta1.6 said, Swift's light steering is a boon (I had a Dzire) in city traffic and going for 205 (straight from 165 section) means that you will 100% find the steering to be tighter/harder to turn. That I can bet.

Regarding the mileage and acceleration, the decrease would be very marginal and would often go unnoticed. Wider tyres give wider contact patch and produce more friction as they push against the road to move the car forward. Result is that you will have to revv a bit more (not noticeable unless you keep an eye on RPM) to do the same speeds which you managed in stock setup. As a result, mileage decreases. Acceleration decreases as you will be attempting to move wider (grippy) tyres with the same engine. Simple it is, but not worth considering as the difference is very marginal. Still 195 section would be a better bet overall, comfort and grip wise. If you do trips with 4 or 5 passengers very often or you travel on bad roads very often, it is better to go for 195 section.

After all, the look which you will get after you walk away (after parking) will make up for the dukh you will get while turning the steering. [lol]
Yeah i know.thanks for briefing.

Yes shabri there are lot of changes to scrape the fender due to full load in 205 section tyres and also as ice wise said the mileage will surely reduce to heavy grips on the road you have to accelerate the car more and the end result would be surely decrease in mileage and pick up. So i would strongly recommend you 195 section it would be the better option. and also the steering becomes tighter so parking and taking a quick U turn inside Bumper To Bumper city traffic would becomes really tough. and swift's main key point is its manoeuvrability inside city traffic and its main help in it is the light weight steering. so if you upgrade the tyres to 205 section it go go completely.
Thank you vinesh.i will go for 195 better

Hey shabri, congrates on your new car. I am also a newbie. Please tell me if swift vxi or vdi have integrated music system or not. I think swift has one more colour, blackish purple or somewhat. I saw that.

Hey shabri, congrates on your new car. I am also a newbie. Please tell me if swift vxi or vdi have integrated music system or not. I think swift has one more colour, blackish purple or somewhat. I saw that.
Yes akins new Swift VXi and VDi gets Integrated audio system, ans the Purple colour name is Mysterious Voilet.

Oh yes. Thats colour looks awesome. Hey fordfiesta1.6 i came to know that you have booked a Honda city vx(o). Whats about that?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #30
thank you friend[thumbsup].new swift comes with integrated music system in both vxi and vdi models.and yes that colour is called mysterious violet.swift looks awesome in this colour.

Top Bottom