New Sedan or Compact SUV Under Rs.13 Lakhs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Friends in a dilemma i buying my 3rd car need suggestions kindly help me. i own a ford fiesta 1.6 and maruti swift 1.3, and my requirements are automatic climate control, good ground clearance, good after sales and services, hassle free maintenance, leather seats and touch screen audio with navigation.

Last edited:
I think the Hyundai Creta is the best option buddy.Iit has ACC, good ground clearance, Leather seats,AVN system, and above all you'll have a hassle free ownership!
If not the Creta , the S-Cross is a good option too
Just my thought ! Hope you'll choose the best !
Cheers !

If you drive on really bad roads or no roads,.
1)If you do not require a serious 5 seater & can manage with 4&1/2 seater, fiat Avventura. And if you can manage with the hard ride quality, then ford ES. (Touch screen ICE can be retrofitted)
2)If serious 5-seater, then you can think of Creta, Terrano(touchscreen ICE can be retrofitted) , S cross.

If sedan, then do check Linea elegante,
If monthly running less than 1500 km, do check Linea T jet.

All these cars fulfil your most of the criteria.

Thread Starter #5
thank you all guys. But guys in sedan which will be a better option. i too think that the creta and duster makes more sense than the s cross because it really looks like a over grown hatch.

thank you all guys. But guys in sedan which will be a better option. i too think that the creta and duster makes more sense than the s cross because it really looks like a over grown hatch.
Sedan:
1) Ciaz
2) City

UV:
1) Duster
2) Creta
3) S Cross 1.6 Alpha if you get good 3 lac discount which was there in the month of December. Don't go by looks, this is a serious performance packing machine and fits your requirements quite well too.

Thread Starter #8
Actually tornado i am not look fiat brand because i don't like it that's why. and TSIVipul what about vw vento and sk rapid. in coimbatore they just offer 1,20,000/- for the 1.6 version of the s-cross 1.6 top end version itself costs 17,10,000/- on road. after discount 15,90,000/- for that if i pay nearly a 1,50,000/- extra i could get Mahindra XUV5OO W6 FWD right.

TSIVipul what about vw vento and sk rapid.
Both cars are equally good it's just that number of horror stories of Skoda is more than the number of stories of VW.
In case your running is not very high then try out the Vento TSi A/T or you can go for the diesel version of either. @Tornado sirji has recently bought a Rapid, he can explain all the pros and cons way better than I can.

Thread Starter #11
FordFiesta1.6, weren't you going for the Ciaz as your third car??
actually idsi2005 i told you right that again i have got confused. so kindly help me with it:help:.

My options are:
1. Maruti ciaz
2.Maruti ertiga
3.Hyundai creta
4.Maruti S-cross
5.Volkswagen Vento
6.Skoda rapid
6.Mahindra XUV5OO
7.Honda city
8.Renault duster.

help...

As its your 3rd car , and i am thinking that you will not be parting off with the other 2, you try for Petrol itself(Balanced running with 3, and swift you have is diesel).

My options as for sedan is-
1.Honda City-1.5IVtec
Perfect as a C segment sedan
2.I won't ask you for Ciaz as from 1.6 fiesta to 1.4 ciaz its not practical ,you won't be satisfied .If for ciaz go with 1.3 SHVS,its more powerful than normal 1.3 DDIS, Fuel economy is its merit.

For SUV-(Personally i would like you to add SUV as you have hatch-swift ,sedan-fiesta)
1.XUV500- Perfect SUV ,you have all features in hand.
2.Nissan Terrano-Premium SUV than Duster
3.Ecosport- Try either 1.5 TDci or 1.1 Ecoboost,both have good mileage.
4.Creta (1.6CRDI)- I am not an ardent hyundai fan,as these have best cosmetic appeal,and engine performance,but long term reliability is a concern,not to hurt any Hyundai fan , my opinion.

My theory- Rough use in Hyundai ,no problems .It will last for a limited time only.
Others like Honda,ford- With slight rough use itself car will start to trouble up.But if we give these care it will last for years.

Thread Starter #13
As its your 3rd car , and i am thinking that you will not be parting off with the other 2, you try for Petrol itself(Balanced running with 3, and swift you have is diesel).

My options as for sedan is-
1.Honda City-1.5IVtec
Perfect as a C segment sedan
2.I won't ask you for Ciaz as from 1.6 fiesta to 1.4 ciaz its not practical ,you won't be satisfied .If for ciaz go with 1.3 SHVS,its more powerful than normal 1.3 DDIS, Fuel economy is its merit.

For SUV-(Personally i would like you to add SUV as you have hatch-swift ,sedan-fiesta)
1.XUV500- Perfect SUV ,you have all features in hand.
2.Nissan Terrano-Premium SUV than Duster
3.Ecosport- Try either 1.5 TDci or 1.1 Ecoboost,both have good mileage.
4.Creta (1.6CRDI)- I am not an ardent hyundai fan,as these have best cosmetic appeal,and engine performance,but long term reliability is a concern,not to hurt any Hyundai fan , my opinion.

My theory- Rough use in Hyundai ,no problems .It will last for a limited time only.
Others like Honda,ford- With slight rough use itself car will start to trouble up.But if we give these care it will last for years.
Actually no one is talking about vento and rapid. and i am thinking that why can't i go for the XUV5OO By expanding my budget to 2,00,000/- more for a bigger size car.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
what's your daily running ? petrol or a diesel ?

my friend recently bought a verna and we compared all the cars and discounts offered.

the number 1 vfm car was the rapid with 1.5 lakhs discount. but since it was a skoda his dad didn't want to go for the brand.
2nd option was the verna itself.
3rd will be a tie between ciaz and the city. ciaz has less powerful engine and pathetic interior quality. and the city has many cost cuttings ( visit a hyundai dealer and ask for comparison booklet between the city and the verna , you will be surprised to see how fat the comparison booklet is) and it's expensive than the verna with less features.

in suv , don't go for the duster right now. new upgrade might launch after auto expo. otheriwse it's a decent car.

don't go for the creta. it's not vfm at all. verna and xuv has much more features when compared to some creta variants. ( just search tai , why not to buy the creta)

i recently shared a news that there was 5.5 lakhs rs discount on the top end scross alpha diesel 1.6. 1.2 seems very low. ask another nexa dealer and compare the deals.
parts availability might be an issue for the 1.6 after some years.

you can also buy the ecosport. it's more expensive now compared to when it was launched but still vfm.

if you want a sedan , i will say buy a rapid > verna.

if you wish to buy creta then add some more money and get the xuv ( please check my thread. i have done detailed comparison between the two)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #15
what's your daily running ? petrol or a diesel ?

my friend recently bought a verna and we compared all the cars and discounts offered.

the number 1 vfm car was the rapid with 1.5 lakhs discount. but since it was a skoda his dad didn't want to go for the brand.
2nd option was the verna itself.
3rd will be a tie between ciaz and the city. ciaz has less powerful engine and pathetic interior quality. and the city has many cost cuttings ( visit a hyundai dealer and ask for comparison booklet between the city and the verna , you will be surprised to see how fat the comparison booklet is) and it's expensive than the verna with less features.

in suv , don't go for the duster right now. new upgrade might launch after auto expo. otheriwse it's a decent car.

don't go for the creta. it's not vfm at all. verna and xuv has much more features when compared to some creta variants. ( just search tai , why not to buy the creta)

i recently shared a news that there was 5.5 lakhs rs discount on the top end scross alpha diesel 1.6. 1.2 seems very low. ask another nexa dealer and compare the deals.
parts availability might be an issue for the 1.6 after some years.

you can also buy the ecosport. it's more expensive now compared to when it was launched but still vfm.

if you want a sedan , i will say buy a rapid > verna.

if you wish to buy creta then add some more money and get the xuv ( please check my thread. i have done detailed comparison between the two)
oh yes i too think the same, there a re only two nexa dealerships here in coimbatore and inquired both of them they both told me the same and they told me that the offer is valid only for zeta and delta varients of 1.6 and not for the alpha so thats why i am in confusion that to consider s-cross or not. and frankly speaking i don't like the nexa dealerships the normal maruti is the bestt. the detail i saw online and the detail they are giving here is completely different. and what about vento, and my confident options are in sedan ciaz, city and vento. if i go for the suv i think i should wait for the facelift duster to launch and then later i should decide. what do you guys think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom