In Need of a High Performance Scooter

Thread Starter #31
Seriously check the headlights. I have issues with My headlights.
I upgraded them to OSRAM White.
I would have upgraded to HID, but the police here are very strict.
Change the bulbs to LED Check my thread
How much does it cost to change the bulbs to led? Will it really make any difference?

Hello Aero,currently there is no "high" performance scooters in India.Most of the 125cc scooters today in market are made for sedate driving with two members(aimed to family members).Those 125cc motors are not built for performance but for high torque than 100cc/110cc.I think Honda Dio suits best to your needs due to its sporty construction.At the same time Vespa S has both sportness and a mature look.

Hi,
I am stuck in buying a new scooter. What I need is high performance. I need to buy it before this month end. Price too is not a problem. Thinking about swish. But is it really having good performance? Thanks in advance.
Dont think the word scooter and high performance go together :lol!:.
Anyway on a lighter note check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8DWqpyrfV8

How much does it cost to change the bulbs to led? Will it really make any difference?
The difference is notable
What are the best brands and their prices then? Also, does it drain the battery too much?
LED use very low power than conventional bulbs!
eg. a 0.5W SMD-LED is equal to a 5W t10 bulb (used in the console)
I have replaced most of the bulbs in my car and scooter (except headlight, turn signals and reverse lights) to LED
please check my thread , i think i have mentioned the prices (when i bought)
you can try ebay or your local shops

Last edited:
Better go for Suzuki Swish if you wish not to wait. If you wait, Suzuki is going to launch Refreshed Swish in the end of month. If you wait for some more time, Hero Zir will launch. If you wait for more and more time, you will have many scooters which has the PERFORMANCE thingy!

Akash1886

Honoured Member
What are the best brands and their prices then? Also, does it drain the battery too much?
You can check with @BHVM and also check out ebay and Snap deal. It doesn't drain battery easily unless someone uses them all day long i.e even in day time. What I personally feel is White color LED looks nice.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #39
I am going to check Honda activa 125, and I am going to td it tomorrow. My friend says that activa 125 has much more speed and power than anything. He says that it also has good pickup. So I will inform you tomorrow about activa 125.

I am going to check Honda activa 125, and I am going to td it tomorrow. My friend says that activa 125 has much more speed and power than anything. He says that it also has good pickup. So I will inform you tomorrow about activa 125.
Along with activa 125 also go and TD access/swish so you would be able to judge the better of the both scooters in 125cc segments.

Hi,
I am stuck in buying a new scooter. What I need is high performance. I need to buy it before this month end. Price too is not a problem. Thinking about swish. But is it really having good performance? Thanks in advance.
Eyes closed, Get the Vespa VX or S.
Then the drum brake version of the Vespa is appalling when it comes to braking.
Regarding power and pick up, Its better than every other scooter out there in the Indian market. I've seen a speedo indicated 105Kmph on a VX and its very stable as well at that speed.
Is also quite solidly built and there wont be any squeaks or rattles from anywhere even if one rides like crazy over bad roads.
Cornering too is brilliant, The only thing that stops one from leaning more while attacking a corner is the main stand which scrapes the asphalt. Won't say this happens too early and most people will never ever corner that hard anyways.
Then braking on the VX and S is simply exceptional. It stops without any drama from triple digit speeds even. You wont see another scooter that brakes this good. Kudos goes to the monocoque chassis for this.

P.S: I've been an owner of the VX for more than a year and have done close to 9000Kms on it. Apart from a couple of issues with spare parts availability I've been very satisfied with the quality, performance and service. Have been busy and kind of lazy off late or I would have done a review here.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #44
Had a td with activa 125 and it was nice to drive. the pickup was also nice and it was having a very stylish look. But there is also something that I don't like - It can't go more than 90 kmph.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
there is also something that I don't like - It can't go more than 90 kmph.
Well a 2 wheeler getting upto even 90km/h is more than enough dear. Where in India normally do we find places of running a vehicle that too a 2 wheeler to such a speed?

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom