In Need of a High Performance Scooter

90 is very difficult in a scooter, it may become unstable at high speed, activas balance is not good, dont go for it. Try one which has big wheels like tvs jupiter which give good balance. Try to test drive on a long stretch at 60-80 speed and check balance and vibration

Thread Starter #48
90 is very difficult in a scooter, it may become unstable at high speed, activas balance is not good, dont go for it. Try one which has big wheels like tvs jupiter which give good balance. Try to test drive on a long stretch at 60-80 speed and check balance and vibration
Jupiter is weak in performance even if it is good on cornering and stability. I don't need stability or cornering . I need outright acceleration and speed.

Jupiter is weak in performance even if it is good on cornering and stability. I don't need stability or cornering . I need outright acceleration and speed.
You may need anything, but it isn't a custom build. Manufacturers do make a perfect blend of performance, efficiency, stability everything.
90kmph on a scooter is a perfect blend. If you need a lot more, get something imported.

Thread Starter #50
Tomorrow I decided to go for a test drive with vespa S. But I think that they charge too much for the parts? Do they? If not, I will go for it. Will inform you tomorrow about how the TD happens.

I have easily attained 85 (the good road ended) with pillion (~155Kg).
Now the road are bad, and I haven't taken it for long rides for quite some time(only 7k in 2 years)
Still the initial pulling and the brakes seem to be good, I have hard braked many times but it hasn't fishtailed.

Yes, Vespa's parts are very (killer indeed) costly but go for it if you want that classic looks and the 3-Valve GEM Engine.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I don't need stability or cornering . I need outright acceleration and speed.
Based on your requirements, I feel a scooter won't do justice. Why not look for something more like RX 100 bike? Immense pick up and speed. Also if I am right, its a 2 stroke bike!

Why not look for them?

Regards

Akash

Jupiter has big wheels so gave a example.I have ridden wego which is stable at 70 and shocks are better than activa

You need to test you subject vehicle on high speed
You need to test the vechile for good brakes
Vehicle should have large tyres for your speed
Test the vehicle for accelaration

For you the hero 150 cc is a good choice

Thread Starter #55
Based on your requirements, I feel a scooter won't do justice. Why not look for something more like RX 100 bike? Immense pick up and speed. Also if I am right, its a 2 stroke bike!

Why not look for them?

Regards

Akash
Because my sisters and my wife and also my friends can't drive them.

Still didn't do the TD of Vespa S because TD vehicle still didn't return. The service centre people told that it still takes about half an hour for the vehicle to return from TD.

Thread Starter #56
Had completed the TD with Vespa and I didn't like it that much. While coming, I had seen the hero showroom and had asked them about the ZIR and they told it is 157 CBC and it will meet my needs in every way. That told that it will be launched by April 2015. So, I am confused...

Thread Starter #58
Ok, Dear as you mentioned, your wife and sisters too shall be using the vehicle even if occasionally, then stability and control etc shall also be given due importance apart from speed and acceleration.

Regards

Akash
Nah, I don't think that THEY drive at that speed. So that's not going to be a problem.

Re: In need of a high performance scooter.

No, better speed and pickup.

Low profile doesn't work on Indian roads.

Okay, I get the point. But is there any better scooter than Swish or Access? Also, what is the difference between access and swish except styling and weight??? Please reply.

Vijay, I don't care about looks. I just need outright acceleration and speed.

Pravin, I cannot wait for any more time because my sym flyte is in a very bad condition and I always need to go out for far distances.
why don't you look you for DIO!best in class!pickup is really awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even am looking out for a scooter for my wife and as a utility two wheeler

found TVS jupiter and mahindra gusto suits my requirement

in my personal openion / choise of pick was gusto
its cheap, but built quality is good
ride and handling is on par with jupiter, and so many first in scooter segment option

ok ok let me come to High performance Scooter

when it comes to high performance in scooter segment, i consider rough use and heavy load handling allrounder ability is what i will call as high performance, my in law's rodeo is doing that and after half hour test drive i felt gusto is fit for that

Top Bottom