Hyundai Grand i10 Ownership Review: Our First Family Car

Thread Starter #16
Congrats man for the i10 and very well write up. Choice of color is too good and looks the best.

Wish you many more miles ahead .... vrooomm

Thanks,
Satyajeet
Thank You Satyajeet for Such nice words and soory for such a late response i was busy due to job Change and other errands.

OWNERSHIP UPDATE :
The Car is doing its duty regularly. Right now it has became a weekend car as i've changed job and taking staff bus for daily commuting. Car is nearing a year now and clocked 6.5k only..[:)] It has seen lesser running for past few months. I forgot to update that at the time of small accident damage by dad i've upgraded my horns to dual hella units costed about 1000/- with relay and they are holding up well. I'm planning to get the horns like in Creta any suggestions guys.....????

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats on your new car nikunj. i like grand i10 very much. i am also thinking to purchase one as i need a hatch. as you are looking for a diesel hatch, figo is very good car. you can also look at the swift diesel. DDIS is also great to drive.

Thread Starter #18
congrats on your new car nikunj. i like grand i10 very much. i am also thinking to purchase one as i need a hatch. as you are looking for a diesel hatch, figo is very good car. you can also look at the swift diesel. DDIS is also great to drive.

Thank you for your opinion dear right now new diesel hatch plan is on hold due to my job change i don't need a new hatch as of now let's see in next coming days.

Thread Starter #19
1 YEAR 7500 KMS. UPDATE

So guys the car is one-year-old and doing its duty as usual. I've also renewed the insurance with ICICI Lombard, the premium came about 15345/- with the IDV of 5.15L. The last year insurance was with Reliance which was provided by dealer and the IDV was 5.7L with the premium of whooping 27k.

At the time of Diwali weekend exactly on the day of its anniversary i gave the car a good wash as we all were going to our home town for Diwali. So when i started the car i noticed that the ABS warning light came and don't go as usual it should go after 3 or 5 seconds. [confused] So for that i switched the car off and started it after about half an hour later but it doesn’t go, it kept glowing. I took photos of that and called my SA of Punjab Hyundai, He told me to come to the workshop as he can’t say anything without checking it. On the move I’ve also noticed that the wiper spray on front windshield was also not working. I was in hurry as we have to leave for the home town and car will be seeing loot of running on Diwali so I have to fix it ASAP. So for that I’ve visited Sharma Hyundai(ASS) located near my home for suggestion. After checking the car the mechanic told me that the rat has chewed the FR ABS Sensor wire near the Tyre and also chewed the windshield washer pipe. The Sensor wire cannot be repaired as the whole sensor needs to be replaced. I told them to go ahead. The FR ABS sensor along with windshield pipe including labour and tax costed me 2261/- INR. They also washed the car and polished it. Pictures to follow. After the sensor replacement the mechanic cleared the errors. I asked him if i can enable auto lock with speed syncro. He checked for possibility and kindly told me it is not possible.[surprise]

1. THE CHEWED ABS SENSOR.
2. THE CHEWED WINDSHIELD WASHER PIPE.
3. THE SENSORS PRESENT IN MY CAR.
4. THE MAGICAL FIGURE.
5. OLD PICTURE CLICKED BY ME

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #22
Last Weekend i've visited a place called Ambaji located about 180 KMS. from my home. We left at 6 AM and reached there at 9.30. Visited the Ambaji Temple and after visiting few places nearby be stated our return journey. On return lag i found that the stock headlamps of my car is highly pathetic for a highway, the low as well as high both beams are equally pathetic. What to do guys ?? any suggestions

bhvm

Honoured Member
Last Weekend i've visited a place called Ambaji located about 180 KMS. from my home. We left at 6 AM and reached there at 9.30. Visited the Ambaji Temple and after visiting few places nearby be stated our return journey. On return lag i found that the stock headlamps of my car is highly pathetic for a highway, the low as well as high both beams are equally pathetic. What to do guys ?? any suggestions
Aaah My fav topic!

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ed-headlight-conversion-bulbs-cars-bikes.html

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ing-lamps-no-drill-metal-bumper-required.html

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-hid-kit-technical-review-install-w-pics.html

Thread Starter #24

bhvm

Honoured Member
Hello,
All options are PNP with Warranty safe installs.
For Yellow light, just Select the proper bulb color. Nothing more.
Best option for you- 1 & 2.

bhvm

Honoured Member
bhvm sir what is your opinion on 100/90W rally bulbs along with relay kit.[:)]
Nikunj, I generally do not suggest 100/90W Kits because the higher wattage draw will reduce battery life. Also, Higher heat tends to blur or darken the lenses in a few year so you'll have to replace the headlight.

You can go ahed if you plan to sell the car in 1~2 years.
For people who keep car 5yrs+ its not really recommended.

LED headlight option does not require any relay. Draws less current and has negligible heat. Only problem is 6000k Color which is too white. However, 4300k Color option is now available.

How about these-
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2x-..._9&btsid=5a11cde7-35fd-42af-825d-75fb709f55de

And these ones come with glare shields-[:)]
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2xP..._9&btsid=9c0210fc-0479-473f-8515-647669699407

Thread Starter #29
SECOND FREE SERVICE @ 7617 KMS..

Guys this update will be long as well as informative please read it full so you should be aware about how some ASS frauds and cheats its valuable customers.

On 3rd Dec. I have done second free service of the car at 7617 KMS. On the ODO, the bill came 1240/- INR at Punjab Hyundai Gandhinagar.

Overall service experience was pathetic at Punjab Hyundai. I will rate the service experience 2/10. On the day 3rd Dec. when I reached there at service center as soon as I parked my car one guy from showroom came and told me to sit in the customer lounge.

After sitting there for half hour, I inquired about my car as I was having an appointment of 10.30 AM. And it was already 11.00 AM.

So, after another 15 mins one SA came to me and he started making job card of my car asking if I have any problems in car I told him there is nothing but to set the clutch play and do the oil and filter change and clean the cabin and air filter and also do the wheel alignment and balancing, I also told him that i will stay at the car when It will be serviced that he readily obliged. Now comes the shocking moment upon checking the clutch he said that sir your CLUTCH NEEDS TO BE REPLACED SHORTLY (IN 5000 to 7000 KMS) as the pedal jumps while I release it. I told him that car is just 7k KMS old and how the clutch could be failed so shortly. He said that your driving is responsible. I was like[frustration]. He also said that new clutch kit will cost around 8.5k including labour and service tax. I told him ok as he was asking me that it will last for another 7k KMS.

I was sad sitting in the lounge and thinking about Hyundai's long term reliability as it needs new clutch at 7k KMS. After some half hour my mechanic who was assigned to service my car came and told me that he is going to get my car serviced. He was pretty experienced guy. i asked him what is the normal clutch life of petrol cars under normal driving conditions he told me that sir it is purely based on your driving but it typically lasts about 80 to 90k KMS.

After changing the oil, oil filter and servicing we head out for trial he don't even touched the clutch cable. When on trial following conversation as following.

Me: Hey, How is the clutch??, i think it is bad.
Him: No sir it is perfectly fine sir no issues with it.

Me: Are you sure?? i don't need it to be replaced??
Him: Sir trust me it is perfectly fine and who said this bul***it that it needs to be replaced??

Me: Your SA Mr. XYZ
Him: Lets meet him and clear your doubts.

Me: Ok (En route the trial test he tightened the clutch cable and then gave car to me for trial i found it like new.) Now after the trial we met the SA who advised me to change the clutch. The conversation goes as follows and how we found out that he is a pure newbie.

Mech.: How do you can say that the white Grand i10 needs clutch replacement??
SA: I feel that the clutch pedal jumps that is why it needs to be replaced.

Mech.: Do you really know why the pedal jumps.???
SA: No idea.

Mech.: Then how can you tell that it needs new clutch
SA: No answer from his side.

After hearing heated conversation between them the manager came and asked what happened. The mechanic described the whole drama. After hearing to him we all four (The manager, me, The SA and the mechanic) headed for a longish trial which included some B2B traffic, Some highway and a steep climb. The car performed flawlessly without a sweat and no signs of clutch wearing at all. So after the trial the manager as well as the mechanic confirmed that the clutch has no issues at all and it is perfectly fine (touchwood). After all this i advised the manager to give proper training to the SA as they are the only contact between the car and customers. As there are some customers who blindly trusts SA, in that case if such things happens than it will be a big blunder.

Overall Car has done 8050 KMS. as i'm writing about this horrible experience. The cari is butter smooth to drive. The Wheel Alignment and balancing is pending as their crappy machine was kaput. Car is now back to duty as usual.

CLOSING SHOT OF CAR:

Attachments

Top Bottom