Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 CRDi SX - Sleek Silver Finally Arrived

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Well, its a long long break...! Sorry for being so busy.

Latest updates of my 3 month's young Baby Verna.

She just rocks.
1. She has covered 6600 KMS in 3 months, averaging at 16 KMS/Ltr in horrible Bangalore Traffic and Bumpy roads.

2. I have got upto 28Kms/ltr at a frozen drive at speed between 80-90Kms/hr(Stick to it strictly).

5. Thud Sound - Very much in all hyundai Verna - if you plunge into a deep pothole.

8. GC is a little worrisome when you have unethical speedbreakers

9 Ride is a slight bumpy when you are on the highway, but feels awesome to drive
1 and 2 - do you really believe you are getting that much mileage ? a small car with a smaller engine won't give that much mileage. don't use the MID. don't even look at the mileage display.

5 - i will correct you here. every car produces a thud sound and not just verna.

8- i don't agree. it's the best. if you have 5 persons then obviously GC will decrease of any car.

9- this is correct. no matter how many people are sitting it'll have a bumpy ride.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
hey I'm planning to buy verna 1.6 Ex petrol or 1.6 SX diesel. Actually m a bit confused for which should i go for as diesel is getting too costly and will it be bettr to go for petrol n fitting a new sequential kit CNG in it as it removes the problem of lag and all. so please give your suggestions as amount matters for me :(
buy the honda city CNG instead. coming this diwali. don't even think of getting cng in verna.

it's not factory fitted. i'll strongly recommend honda city with factory fitted CNG.

help please- i am having some problems with my ODO as sometimes when i fill fuel, it does not show any changes and keep on showing the same reading without any increase in fuel level. Mostly happens at the times of reserve. [anger]

Last edited:
himalayan how much fuel do you add in? To show any changes you need to fill in more then five litres of fuel, if the issue still occurs get it checked at the service dealer.

Sunilk as allhyundaicars stated do not even think of the verna cng, its engine is anyways fuel sensitive and installing cng aftermarket will require the best fitter who can do the proper adjustments.

hi folks, i too am buying a hyundai verna 1.6 CRDI SX within a week, i have only test driven it just once but am already in love with the car. i saw the images of sleek silver and decided to go in for the same, it looks awesome. can someone suggest me where could i get good leather seat covers for my car, or if any other accessories are required.i am buying the car at lucknow, and further will be going to ganganagar, rajasthan.

hi folks, i too am buying a hyundai verna 1.6 CRDI SX within a week, i have only test driven it just once but am already in love with the car. i saw the images of sleek silver and decided to go in for the same, it looks awesome. can someone suggest me where could i get good leather seat covers for my car, or if any other accessories are required.i am buying the car at lucknow, and further will be going to ganganagar, rajasthan.
bro from which dealer are you taking her from lucknow..i too have bought it in lucknow.can I know the dealers name, showroom?

Thread Starter #68
Hello Guys,

4th month of ownership review - Hyundai Fluidic Verna CRDi SX 1.6

Distance covered - 10110 KMS
Services Done - 2nd Free Service over
Cost of 2nd Free Service : 5500
Major issues : Nil (But during 2nd service, the SA noticed a damaged rear suspension. Suspension leakage detected. Replaced free of cost under warranty). Real good customer service at Advaith Hyundai - outer ring road, Bangalore.

Minor issues : Squeaking noise from rear suspension after service - will be rectified this weekend. SA promised to fix it.

Mileage : as usual awesome. Depends on how you treat her. Rash and reckless drive, she gives you nightmares, soft and humble on her, she treat you good. Leave her alone on 6th gear, she is just sniff diesel instead of sipping.

City - Averaging at 15.5lts/kms Bangalore Early hours. (8am-9am and 6pm-730pm - moderate traffic)
Highways - always the best figure - 23.6lts/kms (Bangalore - Alleppey via Dindigul)

Engine sound - No change after 2nd service - as new

Pick up - She is very sensitive to quality of Diesel. She hates bad bunks, very lazy attitude on diesels from some bunks.

Damages : Yes, minor scratches on her right Rear mud gaurd, fixed it as Advaith.

Suspension Thud sounds: Adjusted during 2nd service, now GC is much better.

Tryes Rotation : Yes. Spare tyre is now burning some rubber.

Verdict : She is VFM for me and my brother, who also owns another Verna CDRi SX 1.6. Both the cars are doing well.

My advise : Dont take it too seriously...! Please treat her well, she is an awesome machine. She will start loving you if you start loving first.

My 4 year old son is just in love with her.

Caution : Never put you kid under 10 years of age in the front seat. The Air bag explodes open under tremendous pressure, the force enough to rip of a child's head under the impact of even a minor accident. Please seat them in the rear seat with suitable baby seats. This is not only for Verna, but any car with Airbag.

Hi Vickky, Yes verna is indeed a very VFM. You are cruising more than me. I have completed 15000 Kms in 14 months. As you rightly said love her she will love you. On highway she gives best mileage.

What have you done with rear suspension. Do you feel bounciness at rear on bad roads. I have read that new rear coil springs are made available at banglore. Few guys from banglore have replaced these coil springs and ride quality is being improved. If you are going to your service center, ask them for this and share it here with us.

Thread Starter #70
Hi Vickky, Yes verna is indeed a very VFM. You are cruising more than me. I have completed 15000 Kms in 14 months. As you rightly said love her she will love you. On highway she gives best mileage.

What have you done with rear suspension. Do you feel bounciness at rear on bad roads. I have read that new rear coil springs are made available at banglore. Few guys from banglore have replaced these coil springs and ride quality is being improved. If you are going to your service center, ask them for this and share it here with us.
I use it daily to office and had done some 3 round trips to Bangalore to Alleppey and one to Trivandrum. So almost 40+kms/day and the touring had burned the rubber to 10000+ in 4 months.

My left Rear suspension was damaged due to leakage. I never noticed it until the SA told me after service, that he noticed the damage and changed the suspension. He showed me the new one too.

Earlier, the rear passenger had too much of bouncy ride, but bouncing is still there, but it is reduced a lot after the Suspension Tweekings. The ground clearance is much much better now.

I shall check for the new coil springs with the SA and update soon.

One question : How many of you idle the engine for a minute before start moving and before the stop the engine? It is really mandatory for a Turbo diesel engine. Please practice if you are not following...!

Best,

Vickky

I use it daily to office and had done some 3 round trips to Bangalore to Alleppey and one to Trivandrum. So almost 40+kms/day and the touring had burned the rubber to 10000+ in 4 months.

My left Rear suspension was damaged due to leakage. I never noticed it until the SA told me after service, that he noticed the damage and changed the suspension. He showed me the new one too.

Earlier, the rear passenger had too much of bouncy ride, but bouncing is still there, but it is reduced a lot after the Suspension Tweekings. The ground clearance is much much better now.

One question : How many of you idle the engine for a minute before start moving and before the stop the engine? It is really mandatory for a Turbo diesel engine. Please practice if you are not following...!

Best,

Vickky
I Idle for a 1 or half min. i think idling is not very important. I instead drive diesel slowly for some time till the engine is heated to its normal level.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I Idle for a 1 or half min. i think idling is not very important. I instead drive diesel slowly for some time till the engine is heated to its normal level.
idling is very important for a diesel car or else your turbo charger will fail and you don't want that to happen.

Best,

Vickky
To be frank, I dont idle the engine even for 15secs. Just start the car put the gear and leave. Yeah for a km or so; I drive slowly since my area is very crowded. Is it okey?[surprise]

Best,

Vickky
Thats the real question what kind of tweeking? Did you know what exactly he done with the suspension other than replacing damaged one? Did he retorqured the bolts or anything specific done? Whenever i ask my service guy he just retorque the bolts and says it is fine now? What about rubber pad option? Please enquire about coil spring and related TSB.

I always idle a engine for a minute before start moving but always forget to idle before stopping the engine. It is most important for diesel engine to heat to its normal operating temperature before moving.

Thread Starter #75
Thats the real question what kind of tweeking? Did you know what exactly he done with the suspension other than replacing damaged one? Did he retorqured the bolts or anything specific done? Whenever i ask my service guy he just retorque the bolts and says it is fine now? What about rubber pad option? Please enquire about coil spring and related TSB.

I always idle a engine for a minute before start moving but always forget to idle before stopping the engine. It is most important for diesel engine to heat to its normal operating temperature before moving.
I checked about the Coil Spring, the friend said he has not got any updates for new fluidic verna, but the coil upgrades are for old Verna. Dont know how far it it correct?

My latest score on the Road - 10400 KMS in less than 5 months.

Top Bottom