Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1,456
70,000 Kms Service Update

70,000 Kms Service Done

Done the regular routine. No complaints whatsoever .

I found that the Auto Pest Control is another gimmick/looting by the dealer like the AC cleaning. For the 440 rs they charged , I could bought myself a pest control spray and protect the car for at least an year. I later only found that they've added this thing. New addition to the list it seems. Anyway won't be going for it here after.

DSC07580.JPG

DSC07581.JPG

Re: 70,000 Kms Service Update

70,000 Kms Service Done

Done the regular routine. No complaints whatsoever .

I found that the Auto Pest Control is another gimmick/looting by the dealer like the AC cleaning. For the 440 rs they charged , I could bought myself a pest control spray and protect the car for at least an year. I later only found that they've added this thing. New addition to the list it seems. Anyway won't be going for it here after.

View attachment 223147

View attachment 223148
Thanks for the update man. Keep posting your ownership milestones and issues encountered if any and cost incurred in fixing them.

Looks like Honda Diesels are proving to be very reliable and coming neck and neck with Toyota. Most of us know that Honda makes good cars but very skeptical about their Diesel engines. We knew that Honda is not a small company that do not launch a vehicle without extensive research and testing. But still India is a harsh environment.

Your running seems to be very high. So the engine will be tested to its limits. So please keep sharing your milestones and service costs.

My next car purchase is based on Honda Diesel engines reliability. And how is the clutch holding up ? And have you changed the timing chain/belt? And what are the FE figures post 70k kms and how is the AC in this car now ?

Anyways, glad you shared your 70k update. Thanks for sharing and keep sharing.

Thread Starter #1,458
Re: 70,000 Kms Service Update

Thanks for the update man. Keep posting your ownership milestones and issues encountered if any and cost incurred in fixing them.

Looks like Honda Diesels are proving to be very reliable and coming neck and neck with Toyota. Most of us know that Honda makes good cars but very skeptical about their Diesel engines. We knew that Honda is not a small company that do not launch a vehicle without extensive research and testing. But still India is a harsh environment.

Your running seems to be very high. So the engine will be tested to its limits. So please keep sharing your milestones and service costs.
Yes indeed. Apart from the NVH issues , That was later settled by damping the whole car, I don't have any other issues with the engine. The engine is not rev friendly as a VW, but still packs enough punch [:D]

My next car purchase is based on Honda Diesel engines reliability. And how is the clutch holding up ? And have you changed the timing chain/belt? And what are the FE figures post 70k kms and how is the AC in this car now ?

Anyways, glad you shared your 70k update. Thanks for sharing and keep sharing.

Clutch is all good. No issues. Clutch feels the same as Day 1.
No , I haven't change Timing chain.
I'm still getting around 22+ Kmpl on highway drives and somewhere around 18-19 kmpl on mixed driving conditions [:)]
AC is just doing fine.

In meantime ,

IMG_20170115_225517444.jpg

Thread Starter #1,460
Guys

Any one has upsized to 185/65 r14 86h for amaze. How is the result any pros and concern. I am planing to go with bridgestone what about your thoughts
I'm running on 205/15-15 tires, anyway, I'll suggest you to go with 185/60-14 because that will be the best possible upgrade rather than 185/65-14. I'll attach a picture for the difference between the stock size and both the recommend sizes here.

Please check the Diameter Variance and see the difference between both the tires , if the whole chart is confusing for you [:)]

tire size.PNG

Thread Starter #1,463
How about the comfort level
Comfort level would be in par with the stock setup. No noticeable difference should be there.

Also which brand is best. I heard that Michelin is getting lot of puncture due to soft rubber is that true
Michelin is good, and yes it is puncture prone.
Yokohama Earth1 is good. Do check out Continental tires as well.[:)]

Hi all,My Amaze 3 yrs old stock goodyear tire going to finish at 20k.I did wheel balancing routinely but unfortunately I need to change early than usual.I am from kerala only 20% highway ride & I need a suggestion regarding which brand I should choose?somebody preferred me micheline XM 2.Is it good for me?Should I change all the 4 tires or can I use spare tire along with brand new 3 tires?

Thread Starter #1,465
Hi all,My Amaze 3 yrs old stock goodyear tire going to finish at 20k.I did wheel balancing routinely but unfortunately I need to change early than usual.I am from kerala only 20% highway ride & I need a suggestion regarding which brand I should choose?somebody preferred me micheline XM 2.Is it good for me?Should I change all the 4 tires or can I use spare tire along with brand new 3 tires?
Hey Tijo,

It's hard to believe that your OEM tire only lasted 20K kms. My OEM tires even under hard usage lasted 30K kms. Anyway coming to the point, Michellin is soft compound, so in your case it too will wear out much faster than expected. Yokohama Earth 1 tires are good or even Continental tires

I would prefer changing all the 4 tires for the sake of mind rather fiddling with the spare tire[:)]

Thank you bro for rapid reply.The centre part of the OEM tires still remains but both sides more wearied out.I don't know how this happens although I did 3 times wheel alignments with in 1500 kms (one from honda showroom & 2 times from outside)everybody told as it is manufacturing defect of tires.Since around last 10k kms I felt some heaviness in steering may be due to this(nothing found by ASS) Having extended warranty as well as road side assistance too[cry].
Surely I will consider Yokohama Earth 1 & Continental tires well but what about your opinion about bridgestone tires?

what about your opinion about bridgestone tires?
I have been using Bridgestone B290 for my verna for the past 72K kms and Iam quite happy with the tyres.The first set lasted a good 55,000 kms.

Since both inside and outside edges have worn out and center hasn't its more likely because of under-inflated tyres and has very less to do with alignment.

Thread Starter #1,468
Thank you bro for rapid reply.The centre part of the OEM tires still remains but both sides more wearied out.I don't know how this happens although I did 3 times wheel alignments with in 1500 kms (one from honda showroom & 2 times from outside)everybody told as it is manufacturing defect of tires.Since around last 10k kms I felt some heaviness in steering may be due to this(nothing found by ASS) Having extended warranty as well as road side assistance too[cry].
Surely I will consider Yokohama Earth 1 & Continental tires well but what about your opinion about bridgestone tires?
As Vishak already said, It's because of under inflation. Will attach a picture for more information. Do check your air pressure at least between 2-3 weeks or whenever before going for a long drive. It definitely helps. Try investing on a small Tiire inflator if needed [:)]

aad63ac2-3755-454c-b358-8cd818ca6dfa.jpg

Yes,you said is correct because I use my car occasionally (once in a week) only.Moreover I have been checking air once or twice in a month.Now I understood the mistake & will correct it .BTW can i use regular air pump for nitrogen filled tires well?Would you please suggest me a good air pump?

Thread Starter #1,470
BTW can i use regular air pump for nitrogen filled tires well?
NO, you cannot use it.[:)]

Would you please suggest me a good air pump?
This is the one I'm using right now.
Windek Tire Inflator

These two was my retired companions,

Coido Tire Inflator

Automan Tire Inflator ( I got a cheap look alike product from this buyer, anyway it was silent compared to both other and was fast enough, but gone kaput in around 8 months. Hence thought of sticking to branded one's

Top Bottom