Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

Hello , can anyone here let me know weither the tail light of the amaze is user replaceable or if the bumper needs to be removed to access the bolts to remove it . I have a crack in my right tail light , so was wondering if I can replace it by myself.

Thread Starter #1,489
Hello , can anyone here let me know weither the tail light of the amaze is user replaceable or if the bumper needs to be removed to access the bolts to remove it . I have a crack in my right tail light , so was wondering if I can replace it by myself.
I believe it can be replaced without removing the bumbers. Whereas if it's headlight you have to remove the front bumbers. [confused]

Is ceramic pro good ,Vishnu bro ?
I had done 3M paint protection plan when i bought the ride ,now its been 2 years 7 months ,felt the car gradually losing its shine .
Is it better to reapply 3M itself or try ceramic after a year or two.

Thread Starter #1,491
Is ceramic pro good ,Vishnu bro ?
I had done 3M paint protection plan when i bought the ride ,now its been 2 years 7 months ,felt the car gradually losing its shine .
Yes,better than all those wax things. I was doing Smartwax from Petes before this. It was good but need constant service, say like once in every 3 months since they were prone to wash off since all of the compound were Liquid based.

Ceramic pro is comparatively very harder and more glossier than wax. Though it'll sure need service, but won't be as frequent as waxes.

Is it better to reapply 3M itself or try ceramic after a year or two.
If you have money to spend on it then go for Ceramic Pro. Why should you wait a year or two ? [confused]

Heyy guys,
I am now experiencing a weired rattling sound from rear passenger corner. To be specific, it is heared from the C pillar plastic trim.
I've tried removing the plastic trim and drove the car. The rattle was still there. Emptied the boot, but no use either.
The sound is like if we leave a plastic bottle cap in a cup holder and it rattles.��
It is always there when I drive through uneven roads and when I slow down the car.
Done wheel alignment and wheel balancing. Nothing helped.
Explained the problem to ASS and they heard it too and said it is to be done with the seat. They did some tightning jobs but it didnt help.
Any idea whats going on there..? Anyone had similar issues like me..?
Pls help��

Thread Starter #1,493
Heyy guys,
I am now experiencing a weired rattling sound from rear passenger corner. To be specific, it is heared from the C pillar plastic trim.
I've tried removing the plastic trim and drove the car. The rattle was still there. Emptied the boot, but no use either.
The sound is like if we leave a plastic bottle cap in a cup holder and it rattles.��
It is always there when I drive through uneven roads and when I slow down the car.
Done wheel alignment and wheel balancing. Nothing helped.
Explained the problem to ASS and they heard it too and said it is to be done with the seat. They did some tightning jobs but it didnt help.
Any idea whats going on there..? Anyone had similar issues like me..?
Pls help��
Hey,
Did you try checking the Parcel Tray ? It might be loose . I do have some sounds from the parcel tray since after the speaker upgrade . Do check that out.[:)]

Hey,
Did you try checking the Parcel Tray ? It might be loose . I do have some sounds from the parcel tray since after the speaker upgrade . Do check that out.[:)]
I checked it out , but its not the problem. I suspect something in the boot is making that sound. I have fixed the fuel lid opener cable to the boot floor with a duct tape and did some inserts to the cardboard in the boot as well. Let me see how it turns out. Hope the rattle will go away.

Thread Starter #1,495
I checked it out , but its not the problem. I suspect something in the boot is making that sound. I have fixed the fuel lid opener cable to the boot floor with a duct tape and did some inserts to the cardboard in the boot as well. Let me see how it turns out. Hope the rattle will go away.
Did you check under the boot cardboard on around the spare wheel for any loose objects. Did you check the jack? Is it properly snugged in ?

Did you check under the boot cardboard on around the spare wheel for any loose objects. Did you check the jack? Is it properly snugged in ?
I've checked the cardboard and jack and found ok. Havent really thought about the spare wheel..mm..I'll check for any loose abojects around the spare wheel tmrw.

Hi Vishnu, just read your whole thread of 100 pages. You are a master in DIY stuff & really loved the way you were able to do it.
Though I don't own an Amaze but was amazed to see that how capable this car is. You have maintained this car in a pristine manner & it looks as if it's just out of the showroom.
Regards
vdm295

Thread Starter #1,500
Hi Vishnu, just read your whole thread of 100 pages. You are a master in DIY stuff & really loved the way you were able to do it.
Though I don't own an Amaze but was amazed to see that how capable this car is. You have maintained this car in a pristine manner & it looks as if it's just out of the showroom.
Regards
vdm295
Thank you so much. @deville_56 is the master of all DIY's. He's the one who is continuously helping me out here [:D]

Hi vishnu, I found the culprit!! It was the fuel lid opener cable vibrating against the boot floor. I fixed it with a duct tape and poof..the irritating noise is gone!!��
That feeling you get while you finally fix an issue. Priceless. Happy miles ahead Prince [:)]

Top Bottom