Ford EcoSport Facelift 2018 Launched in India (Coverage Pg: 34)

Hello Guys,

I had booked an Ecosport titanium + last week.

I've been informed that my car is in the way and I just got the Vin.

MAJAXXMRKAJP***** is what I got from them.

So this means that its August 2018 manufactured one right?

I've booked white colour one.

I wish to do 3M PPF. But depends on the cost.

Has someone done any black roof wrap (3M) in their cars? How will it look in a white car? The glossy one I think will good.
But confused on which all panels to wrap. Some have just the roof panel wrapped, some have roof and rear spoiler panel wrapped, some do it on the C pillar too. Dunno which would look better.

Hopefully I can afford PPF on all panels other than roof and get glossy black roof wrap.

Pls give suggestions.

Thank You.

Ford Ecosport sales at 2724 in November 2018. Any peculiar reason for the low sales ?[confused] Whereas Tata Nexon sold 4224 units. With the GNCAP 5 star ratings, if Tata can cash it well, Nexon sales will increase for sure.

Ford Ecosport sales at 2724 in November 2018. Any peculiar reason for the low sales ?[confused] Whereas Tata Nexon sold 4224 units. With the GNCAP 5 star ratings, if Tata can cash it well, Nexon sales will increase for sure.
Yes, Tata is putting huge pressure on Ford, add to it, Hyundai Carlino is also on the move , sales of Ford will decline with time, which is usually what happens with Ford , I dont think , Ford can do anything in this state to revive, Ecosport, What they can do best is, bring Diesel Automatic to get an edge , on all other counts, Ford dosent have a chance

I am really waiting for Diesel automatic , if it has a decent output in terms of Transmission (lesser transmission lag) , surely gonna be on my stables. Other ride under consideration is waiting for WRV (Diesel automatic )- As a friend has WRV manual , I am ok with its other ride aspects, and also found to have better rear legroom than Ecosport.
Creta 1.6 Diesel automatic , didn't cater to my taste and found it over priced.
Any idea what kind of tech ecosport diesel auto can come with - DCT, Torque converter ,CVT?

I am really waiting for Diesel automatic , if it has a decent output in terms of Transmission (lesser transmission lag) , surely gonna be on my stables. Other ride under consideration is waiting for WRV (Diesel automatic )- As a friend has WRV manual , I am ok with its other ride aspects, and also found to have better rear legroom than Ecosport.
Creta 1.6 Diesel automatic , didn't cater to my taste and found it over priced.
Any idea what kind of tech ecosport diesel auto can come with - DCT, Torque converter ,CVT?
Pretty sure Ford has one of best Auto box tech when it is put between Ford,Honda,Nissan,Maruti,Hyundai when it comes to Automatic but still not as good as VWs DSG, Ford has discontinued DCT gearbox for good, now all they have in stable is a 6F series gearbox, I think 6F25 is a great gearbox from Fords stable to be put in Ecosport, the reason I feel they are not resorting to this gearbox is weight, the 6F is a very heavy gearbox which will force Ford to use hefty front springs and much larger transmission mounts which will increase price.
So I dont think Ford will resort to a diesel automatic, also the diesels are going to die out slowly, so they might not do it in this segment. Probably CNG and Hybrid and Mahindra collaborated petrol hybrids is what I feel Ford is thinking of.

Mahindra is coming with XUV300 ...Actually my mind is getting shifted slightly to it , as it offers certain other features like Dual zone climate control , Sunroof and other gizmos .
Yes.
Ford is falling behind in the market, lack of new products, lack of good marketing strategies and lack of ability to meet customer demands even within the products they have like a diesel AT makes them weak,
Hyundai Carlino too is expected to come out with diesel AT which might kill Ecosport and if Ecosport slows down, its as good as saying Ford is down in market.

On;y hardcore Ford fans like us really expect from Ford bro , if their sales team put half our effort , they can really come up.
Ford fans are deeply disappointed with the direction Ford has taken in the past few years. Ford can never do volumes in India deviating from their DNA. Their cars now are designed and manufactured by bench marking against Maruti. Ford should understand that they get a unique set of customers who prioritise ride and handling, build quality & powerful engines. I see a lot of old Fiestas and Figos covering insane distances in the ODO in the past few years compared to cars from other make. But those customers have nothing to graduate to from Ford Portfolio of cars now. They are now confined to engine swaps and other mechanical updates to keep the car as long as they could. They have no alternative cars from the same segment nor do they have anything to upgrade to. Its been 20 years since they ventured into India and their performance is dismal when it comes to building a portfolio of cars.

F4firewin sir

You nailed the point.
My friend has a Fiesta 1.4 Duratorq TDCI , 2010 model , he doesn't have any mind to sell it off , as one reason being , no other fun to drive ride like the same , second is at that time itself Ford had made it so well packed with all essential features.

Actually catering to enthusiasts as well as mass market is essential, Ford is a brand that has ability to do both,
Ford has nearly 6 global FWD chassis,
Global B
Global C
Global CD4
Global ABB
Global C1
FORD B652

But out of these FWD chassis, we get just 2 Global B and B652, even counties like Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, etc get more than 3 of Fords FWD chassis, do remember that each of these chassis can spawn more than onr type of vehicle, but despite India being much bigger car market than all these ASEAN nations prove that Global Ford is not interested in India,
This is a big let down, for us consumers, we cannot completely blame Ford India for this, Ford Asean too is not providing Ford India with much important budget and development targets, now its almost too late, with new entrants like Kia, MG, etc entering Market Ford will slowly become anothet VW in India,

Finally will this be the Ecosport big brother from Ford for 2020 or could this be an Ecosport replacement.
I feel Ford wont replace Ecosport in India, but rather will launch this new Fiesta based compact cross over/SUV in India as a rival for the Hyundai Creta/Nissan Kicks/Duster etc.
Ford Fiesta-based crossover prototype spied testing in Europe
But this does look promising as an upgrade for Ecosport owners.

I don't think this is going to be launched in India.
Rather , existing ecosport will be facelifted with BSVI norms engine in 2020.

Why i say so?
1.Ecosport bridges the gap correctly between crossover and SUV - Compact SUV
2.Pricing exactly under 15L (Top diesel variant), where creta fails is this pricing (still people go behind bells and whistles offered by Hyundai), and segment of SUV's starts.
3. If ford launches this new SUV , it can kill ecosport or it can flop itself with this model.

Just my gut feel , all 2019 models (not only ford but also other brands) going to be more cosmetic as well as just features wise upgrade.

I don't think this is going to be launched in India.
Rather , existing ecosport will be facelifted with BSVI norms engine in 2020.

Why i say so?
1.Ecosport bridges the gap correctly between crossover and SUV - Compact SUV
2.Pricing exactly under 15L (Top diesel variant), where creta fails is this pricing (still people go behind bells and whistles offered by Hyundai), and segment of SUV's starts.
3. If ford launches this new SUV , it can kill ecosport or it can flop itself with this model.

Just my gut feel , all 2019 models (not only ford but also other brands) going to be more cosmetic as well as just features wise upgrade.
Yes, I too dont think Ford will stop Ecosport, but this new Fiesta based cross over will be launched alongside Ecosport but the new product will be much more pricey and will be above 4m in length, so new Fiesta based cross hatch will be rivaling Nissan Kicks, Hyundai Creta , etc and could likeley be priced between 12-15 lakhs ex showroom meaning around 13.5-17 lakhs on road, also I think this new cross hatch if brought to India might introduce Fords DOHC 16v 1.5 120 PS BS VI diesel motor along with IB6 6 speed Manual gearbox.
The size , proportions, etc makes me feel this is an incredibly good rival to Hyundai creta and Nissan kicks , an 8 speed AT like they ve in international fiesta would bring volumes to the brand if they had the brain to do so.

Just out of curiosity Mr.1989...
Is this DOHC 16V 1.5 120PS BSVI motor , manufactured internationally , is there any chance for that to be manufactured in India ?

Asked this , because , we all know Ford ecosport now comes also with the privileged Ecoboost engine , but still only petrol enthusiasts go with the same , for layman it doesn't make sense , both by figures (For him 1L and 1.5L , 1.5L is more larger , so go with 1.5L). And being an imported engine , it costs more than normal petrol eengine, so if this 1.5 120PS , engine is imported , it can rise prices high.

Also any idea on torque - As regular 1.5TDCi makes 215Nm (In figo and aspires) and also 205Nm (In ecosport) - Correct me if am wrong , just from my memory. So in 1.5 ,120PS version , this 20PS increase in power , either can compromise in torque or if its a boost in torque also , the engineering is just amazing.

Top Bottom