Decoding Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)

Yes RSM it is i10 indeed but only thing i am uncertain about is the month of manufacture. The CAR has going to RTO tomorrow and i wanted to make sure its june/july make.
-----------Next Post-----------
Your car is of 2010 model. I am not sure how to find date/month without other 2 digits.
Let us wait for wildon.
Hi i think i can get the last two digits/alphabets as well. My Brother is going to have a look at the vehicle again and will call in some time to give me those. Then probably you can help me. Thanks

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Hi Himashu, I think would be much easier to find the month of manufacture if you can call the dealer and ask for the complete VIN/Last two digits.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
That's great and Congrats. Be assured, You're getting the fresh model (July make). :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yes i confirmed the entire code: MALAM51BLAM682646*G
That's great and Congrats. Be assured, You're getting the fresh model (July make). :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z
Sorry guys for the late reply. Any way its already been decoded [clap]

Here is a little bonus info

MODEL NAME : i10
ENGINE TYPE : SOHC-MPI, 1.1 Epsilon
FUEL TYPE : PETROL
TRANSMISSION : 5 SPEED MANUAL
PRODUCTION DATE : 07.07.2010
COLOR : ELECTRIC RED

Hey wildon, just curious to know how you decode "Production Date"? And is the production date same as make month?
Also is it possible to find month without 19th digit?

^^^

There are different methods to decode a VIN, Most of the manufactures VIN carries Month and YEAR code (17 Character ) but for some the Month /Year code doesn't carry and they use additional characters for the same. for e.g Hyundai, Maruti-Suzuki and Fiat India.

If those 17 characters doesn't contain the Month/Year code then you have to look for other methods which is giving for an example.

Codes embossed in chassis or stickers which represents the same.

There are Software/Websites, which decode VIN for you.it may be a 3rd party application. But it gives detailed level of informations.

The other methods are through Dealer resources/Internal Sources, and Manufacturer Specific softwares which can give you detailed level of informations and more...

In some countries the manufacturer himself declares all relevant details which will be available for the customer or there are various companies provides professional service to give these info's.

But whenever these source are published, manufactures do take actions to patch it.

I hope you understand now why i have not given my sources till now.

Interesting.
Why manufacturers keep VIN as secret code, why not put in simple so that everybody can understand and make informed decision? The SIAM should do something about it.

^^^
Here the present concept is "Mileage kya Hai", May be they are afraid of hearing "Kab banaya bai".
will they do it SIAM - Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers

We need strong policies from Governments side, so these things can be made mandatory and transparent .

Sorry guys for the late reply. Any way its already been decoded [clap]

Here is a little bonus info

MODEL NAME : i10
ENGINE TYPE : SOHC-MPI, 1.1 Epsilon
FUEL TYPE : PETROL
TRANSMISSION : 5 SPEED MANUAL
PRODUCTION DATE : 07.07.2010
COLOR : ELECTRIC RED

Thanks a lot 350z/RSM/Wildon. Wildon, hats off to your sources with which every detail of the VIN becomes available to us. It is good for the community. I will be getting delivery of my i10 in 2 days. This is my first car. I am waiting for it.

Just an out of talk question on what happens if i get a music system installed from outside car shops and not the authorised dealer. does warranty of car is void?

But thanks a lot for giving information and assuring me that i am going for a new vehicle.

Himanshu

Volkswagen VIN Decoding

Volkswagen VIN Decoding

Volkswagen (VW) VIN contains 17 Characters and you can find this on the bottom left side of the windshield (Passenger Side)
DSC05988 (Medium).JPG
The 4th Character represents the Month of Production
and
10th Character represents Model Year

If the 10th Character is found as B then the model is 2011.

If you purchase a vehicle in 2010 and found the 10th digit is B It doesn't mean that it produced in year 2011 [confused]. It only shows the MODEL YEAR

Rest of the MONTH Codes are follows

A= JAN
B= FEB
C= MAR
D= APR
E= MAY
F= JUNE
G= JULY
H= AUG
J= SEP
K= OCT
L= NOV
M= DEC

Toyota Innova Chassis Number Location & Decoding

Toyota Innova Chassis Number Location & Decoding

Toyota Frame number consists of 22 Characters including special characters starting from MBJ. For getting month and year of production of the vehicle look at last 4 characters. for e.g if its 0508 then its represents as April 2008 manufactured vehicle.

or

look for the last four characters of Plant/Built number

Attachments

Top Bottom