Ownership Review: Polo 1.2 TDI Comfortline Diesel (100K Crossed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Prologue

From past couple of years my daily running was increased very much because of that I opted for CNG kit in my old Wagon-R 2008 model, vehicle was running quite fine until last month then it’s CNG kit started giving me lots of trouble got it repaired from few times but problem still persists some CNG experts suggested me to change the current BRC kit which I got installed through DD motors Mayapuri but i was in no mood to spend any further on this vehicle. Talked to my brother and he agreed to use this car for his daily commute so ground prepared for the new purchase of car and search started, obvious choice was diesel hatchback.

I considered these following diesel hatchback's initially:

1) Hyundai I-20
2) Maruti Ritz
3) Skoda Fabia
4) Volkswagen Polo

Added following diesel hatchback's in my list after suggestions and advice from lots of members on other forums on which i am active.

5) Ford Figo
6) Fiat Punto

Test drove all and finally selected Polo, my mind was saying Ritz and my heart was saying Polo in this infighting my heart wins again.

Why Polo?

Taking diesel hatchback's one by one from above list:

1) Hyundai I-20: already purchased I-10 last year and quite annoyed with their genetic steering problem but mind you this vehicle is fully loaded with features which is presently unmatchable in the market overall a good car to buy but insanely priced. Also rumors were going on for launch of new face lifted I-20 in next couple of months.

2) Maruti Ritz: Being owner of two Maruti cars you probably knows all pros and cons of them, only good thing with Maruti is that they are cheaper to purchase and maintain. I hate trademark rattling noises of Maruti but still they are VFM and top of it Ritz was available with proven Fiat’s 1.3 DDIS fuel efficient engine so it was strong contender till last.

3) Skoda Fabia: Excellent fit and finish great car to own but difficult to maintain due to poor ASS.

4) VW Polo: Loved the vehicle at first glance, taken test drive three times for more than half an hour each from different dealers, loved the vehicle so much and ended with buying it exceptional ride and handling. Unmatchable sharp looks with perfect build quality, feeling proud to own this tank.

5) Ford Figo: Again a very good vehicle with perfect engine but cost cutting is visible at every nook and corner, great vehicle to drive and you will get good VFM overall but still I am not happy with the overall build quality of this vehicle.

6) Fiat Punto: Liked the test ride of this vehicle, dealership experience was also terrific but fiat ASS is an area of concern for me. They are at present dependent on TATA also Punto’s monthly sales figures are also quite distressing for me they are on a average managed to sell 500 vehicles (Approx) per month only.

Polo Cost

Presently Polo comes with three variants Trendline, Comfortline and Highline which are basic, mid and top variant respectively. On road price of Polo diesel will be from 6.50 to 8.50 Lacs (figures are without any discount)

Kindly find below the initial quotation received from the dealer:

polo.jpg

I paid total 7.15L (Amount after below mentioned discounts) for diesel comfortline with seat cover, mud flap, textile mat, upper and lower body coating. Got two types of discounts

1) Corporate discount of 16.8 K due to my wife’s platinum rated company
2) 7K discount on 0% depreciation insurance

Kindly find below few pics taken at the time of delivery and during Puja

DSC04741.JPG

DSC04747.JPG

DSC04753.JPG

DSC04769.JPG

Index

1) First Service 15000KM update

2) Second Service 29413KM update

3) Third Service 45730KM update

4) Fourth Service update 60875KM update

5) Fifth Service update 75291KM update

6) Sixth Service update 90854KM update

7) Seventh Service update 106100KM update

Last edited:
Re: Ownership Review: Polo 1.2 TDI Comfortline (Diesel)

Congratulations toughguy. So you bought it from Moti Nagar dealership huh [;)] ! It is VW West Delhi I guess. Anyways, nice choice and good start to the ownership thread.

Once question, why there are two Comfortline and Highline mentioned in the price list picture above [thinking]? Are they like Skoda Fabia's five variant principal ?

Have many happy miles in the years to come.

Last edited:

Congratulations buddy! Polo looks class in white[:)]

Tell me how is the transition from a Wagon-R to Polo D in terms of:
1. Handling
2. Drive-ability
3. NVH

I have heard a lot about 3-pot motor making a lot of noise, but when I TDed it myself, I was amazed by the sound dampening in the cabin. There was hardly any clatter audible.
Anyway wish you millions of happy miles with your ride!

Thread Starter #4

Congratulations toughguy. So you bought it from Moti Nagar dealership huh [;)] ! It is VW West Delhi I guess. Anyways, nice choice and good start to the ownership thread.

Once question, why there are two Comfortline and Highline mentioned in the price list picture above [thinking]? Are they like Skoda Fabia's five variant principal ?

Have many happy miles in the years to come.
Thanks for your wishes yes it's VW Delhi West World class automobiles pvt ltd.

In this quotation they included the 2011 and 2012 manufactured models due discounts under once in a lifetime offer.

Fabia still got the same five variant pattern.

Congratulations buddy! Polo looks class in white[:)]

Tell me how is the transition from a Wagon-R to Polo D in terms of:
1. Handling
2. Drive-ability
3. NVH

I have heard a lot about 3-pot motor making a lot of noise, but when I TDed it myself, I was amazed by the sound dampening in the cabin. There was hardly any clatter audible.
Anyway wish you millions of happy miles with your ride!
Thanks for your wishes you will find requested details in my upcoming posts.

Congrats on your POLO!!

Nice to see one more POLO owner on the forum. Happy mile crunching and post us about the accessories you wish add in future.

Thread Starter #6

Dealership Experience

I placed an inquiry on VW website and soon got call from world class automobiles Moti Nagar nearest to my home; they immediately sent me the broucher and quotation of Polo. They are ready to send the vehicle at my home or office on weekdays, had test drive on Sunday at my home liked the vehicle lot though i earlier taken the Polo test drives at other dealership also, love to drive it on empty roads of Dwarka.

I was quite interested in once in a life time offer which was applicable for 2011 manufactured vehicles but all 2011 diesel vehicles are sold out, Trendline was VFM base variant but lacks rear power windows, factory fitted music system, color options, door and handle body color, height adjustable driver seat etc, from start of my diesel hatchback search I always wanted ABS and airbag in my new vehicle so top variant Highline was my first choice but at the last moment not managed to stretch my budget to 8-8.5L also I was earlier planning to purchase the vehicle by May’12 so ended buying Comfortline. My brother also changed his mind at last moment hence exchanged my old and trusty waggy with Polo.

From the day of booking i.e 30th Jan’12 my sales advisor told me that he will deliver the vehicle on 5th of Feb’12 and he kept his promise also showroom guy’s were quite helpful and responsive they make every effort to solve my all problems, I want to thank them all a true world class experience at world class automobiles. I recommend this showroom to every person who want to purchase VW cars.

Bank Experience

My dealer got tie up with SBI so they submitted my documents to them on 30th of Jan, verification was done on very next day quite surprising to see the pace of PSU bank but after that have to run from pillar to post and submission of endless list of documents to them which exhausted me completely.

Finally got my auto loan sanctioned on 4th Jan and got the delivery of vehicle on very next day, I recommend SBI to all those people who have spare time and patience, be ready to make couple of visits to bank.

Nowadays SBI staffs are quite courteous and helpful but IMO they are overloaded with work which ultimately affects their individual performances. SBI was offering the same 12% rate of interest like other private bank but on floating rate and that too on 95% value of on road price while other private sector bank will offer you loan on 85-90% ex-showroom price.

What you will like in Polo:

* Superb build quality

* Every small details on car was worked till perfection

* Amazing paint quality

* Fantastic inbuilt stereo with rocking sound

* Nice horn earn lots of respect for your vehicle

* Adjustable steering in all variants

* Perfect engine noise insulation which was controlled till maximum

* Perfect interiors with finest quality of materials

* Currently best looking hatchback in Indian market

* You will never feel that engine is not out of breath

* Exceptional ride and handling nor you and your vehicle will not get nervous at high speeds

* Last not the least you are buying a German vehicle which itself is a different experience

What you will not like in Polo:

* No USB option in music system

* Electric side mirrors adjustment and indicators, boot and glove box lamp etc means gizmos which you
will get from most of the immediate competitors (Though some features are available in top model)

* No ACC available not even in top variant Highline

* Expensive to purchase and maintain if we talk in terms of VFM

* Polo surely deserves more powerful TDI engine. Enthusiast may left unsatisfied with engine performance but we all knows that the current 1.2L 3 cylinder is optimized for better fuel efficiency which is the present demand of our market

* Ingress and outgress is little difficult for people with good height, especially for those who are upgrading from good height vehicle once you are used to this then it will not trouble you much.

* No vanity mirror in my variant

More to come to be contd...

Your's is a comfortline, right ! So how come you have got a music system with it ? Have you bought it during delivery from the dealer. Because as far as i know, comfortline does not come with music system as default.

Thread Starter #9

Congrats on your POLO!!

Nice to see one more POLO owner on the forum. Happy mile crunching and post us about the accessories you wish add in future.
Thanks a lot dear for your wishes!

Shailinder, The new POLO i.e 2012 models have music system in Comfortline Diesel, but not Comfortline Petrol

Earlier in 2011, Trendline, Comfortline didnt have music system for either petrol or diesel.

Check this out: Variants < Polo < Models < Welcome to Volkswagen India
Your's is a comfortline, right ! So how come you have got a music system with it ? Have you bought it during delivery from the dealer. Because as far as i know, comfortline does not come with music system as default.
Shailinder same is already cleared by Rightnow but i still want to convey you the latest news that comfortline diesel Polo now comes with factory fitted music system and in petrol only highline comes with the same earlier the case was different which you already Knows.

Last edited:

Shailinder, The new POLO i.e 2012 models have music system in Comfortline Diesel, but not Comfortline Petrol

Earlier in 2011, Trendline, Comfortline didnt have music system for either petrol or diesel.

Check this out: Variants < Polo < Models < Welcome to Volkswagen India
Thanks a lot dear for your wishes!

Shailinder same is already cleared by Rightnow but i still want to convey you the latest news that comfortline diesel Polo now comes with factory fitted music system and in petrol only highline comes with the same earlier the case was different which you already Knows.
Thanks guys [cheers].
It is a great news I guess.

That was a nice review Toughguy , congratulations on the Polo. I am glad that you followed the heart , i always do![thumbswink]

BTW did the dealer have this particular vehicle in stock or has the waiting period reduced for Polo TDI?

Thread Starter #13

That was a nice review Toughguy , congratulations on the Polo. I am glad that you followed the heart , i always do![thumbswink]

BTW did the dealer have this particular vehicle in stock or has the waiting period reduced for Polo TDI?
I was looking for Highline but no stock was available only this 2012 manufactured vehicle available at Delhi-West dealership only one piece so no choice of color or variant was offered go with that due to availability, was also looking for 2011 vehicles with discounts under once in a life time offer but all diesel variants are sold out.

Waiting period of 4-6 Weeks on TDI was going on that time depending upon the variant and color.

Congratulations for the white Beauty buddy.
Thanks a lot singh890

Thread Starter #14

Review Contd...

My Polo completed 577KM in a week time, what a lovely car exceptional ride and handling quality, no body roll amazing cornering ability i am in love with my Polo. As promised i am here with lots of pics of my Polo diesel comfortline variant taken today hope you like them so here it goes:

DSC04782.JPG

Thoughtful Odo layout with all car vitals

DSC04785.jpg

You will get this to carry your drinks

DSC04786.JPG

Aux and charging point with two cup holders

DSC04791.JPG

Intermittent with lots of wiper functions

DSC04792.jpg

Euro style headlight knobs they are fantastic, internal adjustable side mirror lever above that

DSC04793.JPG

Ample space in glove box with separate blocks for sunglasses and manuals

DSC04794.JPG

Front passenger side AC vent

DSC04795.JPG

Driver side door handle, notice the door opening lever you can't open them even by mistake they are designed and placed so nicely

Thread Starter #15

Review Contd...

DSC04796.JPG

Front passenger side door handle, notice the door opening lever you can't open them even by mistake they are designed and placed so nicely

DSC04797.JPG

Pedals are placed intelligently, no dead pedal

DSC04798.JPG

Front passenger door with power window and water holder, all doors open in three steps and close with thud

DSC04799.JPG

Front passenger get comfortable leg space in all seat slide position

DSC04800.JPG

Rear passenger door with power window switch and bottle holder, all doors open in three steps and close with thud

DSC04803.jpg

Nicely located roof antenna, can be remove by anyone

DSC04804.JPG

Minimum and maximum leg space in rear leg space

DSC04805.JPG

14 Inch Apollo Acelere tyres are making less noise and providing good grip on road

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom