Ownership Review: Polo 1.2 TDI Comfortline Diesel (100K Crossed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ownership Review: Polo 1.2 TDI Comfortline (Diesel)

Fabia is no doubt a wonderful car which shares same 1.2TDI engine with Polo now, this car was strong contender but due to poor response from showroom guys things didn't worked on. Can you share your experience with Skoda ASS read lots of things about them.
I don't own a Fabia nor any Skoda product and like you I have also read, heard about bad things about the A.S.S of Skoda. But many people I met who owns a Skoda product says that they did not find any or much issues with A.S.S. Either they are lucky or there is no such thing. Or exceptions were generalised and people tend to look at it in a different way. It is like a Fiat product, people complaint about the A.S.S of Fiat and still you will find people buying a Fiat product and you would also find many people in here with good support from Fiat.

But since you already bought a VW forget Skoda and enjoy your Polo (which you are already [lol]).

Did you go for AMC ? If yes, how much you paid and for how many years ?

Thanks [thumbsup]

Thread Starter #32

^^^ Polo has only one reverse light, the other is a rear fog light. I am surprised that the showroom guys dint inform you about this. Dont worry, almost all european cars have a single reverse light.

Look closely in your right tail lamp, in the area where the reverse light should be. It will have a red tinge. that's because it has a red rear fog lamp within it. To activate it, pull out your headlamp switch by one notch... yes, pull it out but dont break it! the rear fog lamp is ON - TA DAAA!
And i am wondering where is the fog lamp?

Thanks for clearing the air will check the fog lamp process in evening.

I don't own a Fabia nor any Skoda product and like you I have also read, heard about bad things about the A.S.S of Skoda. But many people I met who owns a Skoda product says that they did not find any or much issues with A.S.S. Either they are lucky or there is no such thing. Or exceptions were generalised and people tend to look at it in a different way. It is like a Fiat product, people complaint about the A.S.S of Fiat and still you will find people buying a Fiat product and you would also find many people in here with good support from Fiat.

But since you already bought a VW forget Skoda and enjoy your Polo (which you are already [lol]).

Did you go for AMC ? If yes, how much you paid and for how many years ?

Thanks [thumbsup]
Yep couple of my friends owns Skoda and Fiat but they never complained about the ASS experience i always wonder why there is so negativity around most of the forums.

For diesel cars no AMC was available at the time of my purchase!

Thread Starter #33

You are right raj_5004, checked it on yesterday evening that is fog lamp which lit up when i pulled the headlight switch in turned on position. Initially i thought one of my reverse back light got fused.

You are welcome my friend. Did the showroom guys teach you how to pull the wiper stalk up for cleaning the windscreen?

Thread Starter #35

You are welcome my friend. Did the showroom guys teach you how to pull the wiper stalk up for cleaning the windscreen?
Yep by turning wipers in service position, turn key to ignition position and back then turn wiper lever in position 4 (downward) if we try to open bonnet or pulling wipers directly then this may damage both bonnet and wipers.

This is one of the best reviews I have read about the Polo. Thanks a lot for sharing detailed pictures of your beauty. Congratulations and wish you miles of happiness, Toughguy. It looks so classy in White. Great choice. Great to know that the music system is availabe on the comfortline variant as well.

Just a few questions :

1. How is the rear seat comfort/legroom with 4 passengers?
2. Any freebies with your purchase?
3. Any Corporate discounts?
4. I see a plastic kind of a cover on the floor. Did it come with the car or was it aftermarket? Looks good and could you share more info on that please? (Place where it was done, cost etc)
5. Most obvious question - What's the mileage?
6. Lastly, was there any loan offers from VW itself? (I read something about a 6.9% interest rate loan)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #37

This is one of the best reviews I have read about the Polo. Thanks a lot for sharing detailed pictures of your beauty. Congratulations and wish you miles of happiness, Toughguy. It looks so classy in White. Great choice. Great to know that the music system is availabe on the comfortline variant as well.

Just a few questions :

1. How is the rear seat comfort/legroom with 4 passengers?
2. Any freebies with your purchase?
3. Any Corporate discounts?
4. Was there any loan offers from VW itself? (I read something about a 6.9% interest rate loan)
Thanks Avindu for your lovely comments, yes German cars looks best in white. Diesel comfortline variant now comes with integrated music system and AUX in whereas petrol comfortline still don't have stock music system.

Kindly find below my answers:

1) Rear legroom is enough for 6 feet person. Ride on rear seat is quite comfortable with no body roll on turns and no rear bumps.

2) No freebies though manage to get some discounts on lower and upper body protection work.

3) Yes corporate discounts are available amount depends upon the rating of organization you or your blood relatives are currently working got above 16K discount for Platinum rated company.

4) No loans from VW, got loan processed from SBI through dealer at 12% floating rate of interest per year. Skoda were offering me ROI of 8.99% or 9.99% last month.

You can avail Once in a lifetime offer under this category there is discounts on 2011 manufactured vehicles subject to their availability. At the time of my purchase no 2011 diesel cars was available in any variant though petrol was available. Kindly check the availability from your nearest dealer.

Regards

Yep by turning wipers in service position, turn key to ignition position and back then turn wiper lever in position 4 (downward) if we try to open bonnet or pulling wipers directly then this may damage both bonnet and wipers.
Good to know that they taught you atleast that!

Also, I remember a guy calling me once and asking me how to open the damn petrol lid. He was fretting that there is no lever or switch inside!

Thread Starter #39

Good to know that they taught you atleast that!

Also, I remember a guy calling me once and asking me how to open the damn petrol lid. He was fretting that there is no lever or switch inside!
Yep they had taken my half an hour time to explain everything about the car, i ended telling then that this is my fourth car.

Thanks for the details bud. Forgot to ask, I noticed the plastic sheet kind of thing on the floor. Did you get that done or it comes with the car? And of course the most obvious question, whats the mileage? (city and on highway, if you have gone for a long drive)

Thread Starter #41

Thanks for the details bud. Forgot to ask, I noticed the plastic sheet kind of thing on the floor. Did you get that done or it comes with the car? And of course the most obvious question, whats the mileage? (city and on highway, if you have gone for a long drive)
You are welcome Avindu, transparent plastic sheets are standard from factory i didn't remove them as they proved quite useful and prevents beige carpet from dirt. I am getting 18km/l in Delhi's bumper to bumper traffic and yet to hit the highway!

Congrats on your ride. My family too owns a Volkswagen Polo Trendline (TDI). I know the vehicle is just awesome! [:)]

I am getting 18km/l in Delhi's bumper to bumper traffic and yet to hit the highway!
18km/l in bumper to bumper traffic? [surprise] Looks like I received an electric shock.
I get only 14-15 km/l in traffic & in highways I get 19-20km/l!

Thread Starter #43

Congrats on your ride. My family too owns a Volkswagen Polo Trendline (TDI). I know the vehicle is just awesome! [:)]

18km/l in bumper to bumper traffic? [surprise] Looks like I received an electric shock.
I get only 14-15 km/l in traffic & in highways I get 19-20km/l!
Yep completed above 800Km in last ten days, mileage is same yet to hit the highway will check it soon!

Fuel average depends on the individual driving habits and traffic condition, you will surely get good mileage if driven lite footed i am driving cars for last ten years which includes both city and highway drive. I had driven above 3L (approx) on four wheels and this is my fourth car [:)]

Thread Starter #44

Filled tank full diesel today in evening :)

Diesel sale price in Delhi: Rs. 40.91 per liter

Total amount paid today for tank full to tank full: Rs. 1420

KM reading on trip meter today at the time of filling: 608 KM

Total diesel filled today in liters: 34.71 Liters

Average Fuel efficiency till date: 17.51 KM per liter of diesel

Above drive was for office commute only in Delhi's bumper to bumper traffic.

That's amazing in first 10 days what say?

Hi Toughguy,
I just test drove Polo 1.2 and amazed by its looks. Well, i was informed by the sales guy that the music player which comes by default doesn't have AUX-IN. But, in one of the photos of your Polo, you have mentioned about its presence. Can you please confirm it? Its is the major down which is letting my decision to look for others.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom