Ownership Review: Polo 1.2 TDI Comfortline Diesel (100K Crossed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi tough guy, cheers for the odo reading, I recently bought polo 1.2 TDI same as yours , read all your posts, found exact part No's and pricing for parts , from your bills, thanks a lot for posting.

I have few doubts,
Why was the clutch replaced? Was the clutch slipping or very hard pedal?
Even after changing clutch kit why the clutch is hard for you?

The engine Mount replaced was the exact same or newer hydraulic mounts where replaced? Can u share the image of new mount from bay?

Why was the steering rack replaced? Did u hear any clunking noise at broken roads? Or noise when you turn steering left to right at stationary regardless of position of steering? IeIe noise when tyres are straight or at any position?
I am also facing the noise.

My polo clocked 1.1l as of now.
Timing kit with water pump needs to be replaced.
Rotors and brakes brembo for 8k
Replaced TRW front shocks.
Rear pending.

Even for your rough use the ball joints haven't replaced yet but steering is done first, making me think common problem in all VW polo , vento, as only EPS in whole world, all other polo or any car in VW are hydraulic.au be Indian made part.
But even in near future if u experience any noise again the VW ppl will not diagnose they will just ask you to replace steering column which is 50k odd as part. Don't do that, or waste money. Use some lithium grease on joints . noise will go off.

I am still getting good FE , what about yours?
And man, you pay bills without asking any questions?
I see many charges unwanted in labour , even for a simple job and for major jobs which done under warranty they post labour very minimum, I think they tally the amount in some stupid labours on other jobs done under service,
Do you ever know why they charged for silicon grease 1.2k on every service? Have you seen the can empty after using on car?
I did my service for 6k parts and 600rs labour. See my thread.
I think the warrenty periods are over for you, try considering service on outside, and do only complaints on VW.

Cheers.

Hi tough guy, cheers for the odo reading, I recently bought polo 1.2 TDI same as yours , read all your posts, found exact part No's and pricing for parts , from your bills, thanks a lot for posting.

I have few doubts,
Why was the clutch replaced? Was the clutch slipping or very hard pedal?
Even after changing clutch kit why the clutch is hard for you?

The engine Mount replaced was the exact same or newer hydraulic mounts where replaced? Can u share the image of new mount from bay?

Why was the steering rack replaced? Did u hear any clunking noise at broken roads? Or noise when you turn steering left to right at stationary regardless of position of steering? IeIe noise when tyres are straight or at any position?
I am also facing the noise.

Rear pending.

Even for your rough use the ball joints haven't replaced yet but steering is done first, making me think common problem in all VW polo , vento, as only EPS in whole world, all other polo or any car in VW are hydraulic.au be Indian made part.
But even in near future if u experience any noise again the VW ppl will not diagnose they will just ask you to replace steering column which is 50k odd as part. Don't do that, or waste money. Use some lithium grease on joints . noise will go off.

I am still getting good FE , what about yours?
And man, you pay bills without asking any questions?
I see many charges unwanted in labour , even for a simple job and for major jobs which done under warranty they post labour very minimum, I think they tally the amount in some stupid labours on other jobs done under service,
Do you ever know why they charged for silicon grease 1.2k on every service? Have you seen the can empty after using on car?
I think the warrenty periods are over for you, try considering service on outside, and do only complaints on VW.

Cheers.
Why the air filter replaced every service, and fuel filter too, its 30k interval replacement , and I don't see any where they replace gearbox oil.

Labours for brake pad and rotor replacement seems roberry, labour for suspension and bush replacement are too costly, but high labour based services like steering rack change etc are billed bare minimum.

On 5th service u replaced new rotors and pads , why new pads on 7th service? .

Does the headlamps are sufficient? I am planning for a led swap. As Bhvm using on his i20.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #888

I have few doubts,
Why was the clutch replaced? Was the clutch slipping or very hard pedal? I replaced the clutch on my own, considering my regular road trip outside city
Even after changing clutch kit why the clutch is hard for you? As I recall clutch of Polo hard is hard since beginning compared to other diesel vehicles which I have driven

The engine Mount replaced was the exact same or newer hydraulic mounts where replaced? Can u share the image of new mount from bay? Sorry I don't have the image right now, I might need to search my data base, I think they changed the entire assembly

I am also facing the noise. Steering started giving weird noises on rough road, noticed no noise while steering during stationery condition

Rear pending.

But even in near future if u experience any noise again the VW ppl will not diagnose they will just ask you to replace steering column which is 50k odd as part. Don't do that, or waste money. Use some lithium grease on joints . noise will go off. My Polo's steering started making noise krrrr while steering quite fast during steering, I noticed this couple of months back.

I am still getting good FE , what about yours? Getting FE is 18kmpl and above
And man, you pay bills without asking any questions? Generally I don't ask much questions untill my vehicle is running fine and my issues are addressed
I think the warrenty periods are over for you, try considering service on outside, and do only complaints on VW. I think opinion vary person to person

Cheers.
Why the air filter replaced every service, and fuel filter too, its 30k interval replacement , and I don't see any where they replace gearbox oil.

Labours for brake pad and rotor replacement seems roberry, labour for suspension and bush replacement are too costly, but high labour based services like steering rack change etc are billed bare minimum.

On 5th service u replaced new rotors and pads , why new pads on 7th service? . I found brakes lost their bites

Does the headlamps are sufficient? I am planning for a led swap. As Bhvm using on his i20.Headlamps are sufficient till you find high beam vehicle in front of you
Hi Stingray91, sorry for late reply, please find my reply in bold above.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #889
This is to inform you all that I have sold my beloved Polo to one of my childhood friend couple of weeks back. We have loads of memories with this lovely vehicle and will surely miss it in coming days. Reason for change is DSG and airbags.

I am thankful to you all for your support and encouragement which kept live and his thread going.

Please find last pic of my Explorer-1 which covered 115K odd kms.

Polo.JPG

I purchased pre-worshipped DSG Highline Jetta from one my colleague which had 100K on its odo, he maintained the vehicle very well. Please find couple of pics of my ride.

IMG_2203.JPG

IMG_2204.JPG

Requesting mods to close this thread will start a new thread for my pre-worshipped Jetta soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom