Sharing my 5K Service / Inspection Feedback and Experience
1. was able to do my 5K serivce at 6150k ...
2. Shoes measuring 8mm... expect to go till 30K
3. no oil top up required.. no leakages
4. all nuts were fine
5. Airfilter was a tragedy..
a rat was able to enter the intake and gnaw the air filter.. luckily the gnawing was only in the intake side.. engine side was okay... but need to change it ASAP
, as chances of filter particles entering the enigne are high. have ordered K&N 33-3002 for 6K
Trident put a wire mesh at the air intake so no rat in fiter going forward
6. a gasket replaced (which seems to be a standard need) and labor (1084/-)
7. Oil was dark but was still brownish so no burn out - no need to change the oil yet... 10k for sure
8. a piculiar spring release sound comes when i start in the morning or when the car is at rest for some time... not able to trace the root cause..
looks like a front shocker release..expect to go again this week
9. Milage in 2nd-3rd gear is 9-10 kmpl (i understand this is good), my highway milage at ~ 100kmph is about 11-12 kmpl
10. with this washing being not allowed by NGT... no cleaning is being done at all... so plan to clean when you get back