New Ford Figo Trend (Diesel) | 3rd Year | 47,000 Kms: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
UPDATES

Presenting the First ownership review of the new Ford Figo on TAI !![:D]
and i am not all-hyundai-cars anymore [lol] ( didn't think this through when i joined )

today took the delivery of the car after months of searching , postponing and eventually changing the entire plan.

our santro ( CNG )has already covered 1,40,000 kms without a break down but we felt the need to replace the car to a diesel since the expenses on this car would go on increasing as the time and kilometer passes and the reliability will go down.
we weren't planning a diesel but a petrol for my dad so i took a lot of petrol test drives. so sharing all those experiences more on this later.

1. Hyundai Grand i10.
this was at the top of my list from day 1. I liked this car very much. this car had better steering response and better suspension setup than our 2012 fluidic verna.
i took a TD of diesel Grand i10 back in March 2014.
pros and cons mentioned here : Need Suggestions For a New Car !!

Petrol Variant
took a TD of petrol some months back.

pros : nice engine , interiors and hyundai service experience.
cons : the biggest con of this car , weak structural stability.
i just hated this car and decided won't buy it and i was getting this car at 70k discounts.
*the brake bite was a little bit odd.
* AC used to trip under hard acceleration.

2. Honda Amaze Diesel
details mentioned here : Need Suggestions For a New Car !!

3. Polo Petrol
pros : nice interiors , handling & suspension and the superb build quality.
cons : very less space and the main thing which seemed problematic was the long clutch travel. in my TD OF 20 Minutes my leg was paining while using the clutch in the traffic.

4. Toyota Liva Petrol
pros : awesome drivability. loved the engine response , had a smile while taking the TD.
*effective brakes
* chilled AC
* 2 airbags
neutral :
* not so good interiors plus odd placement of speedo meter. dad didn't have a problem with this.
*pathetic panel quality although it did score 4 stars in the crash test.
if it were a petrol i'd have bought this because it'd have been perfect for my dad.

Diesel Variant : the G model costed around 7.3 lakh rupees so didn't took a TD of the car.

5. Honda Jazz Petrol

details here : All New Honda Jazz i-DTec MT Driven

6. Elite i20 Petrol - already a blockbuster but it was expensive and the 1.2 petrol engine is under powered.

7. New Ford Figo Petrol
will list the only con - didn't like the engine response. car felt strained even at low speeds. i am habitual of up shifting around 2k rpm and i tried to extract more power from the engine by taking it to 3k rpm but it felt the same.

cars not considered - nissan micra , renault pulse , tata bolt , maruti suzuki swift.

now coming back to the FIGO !
we were planning for a petrol car but dad felt the need to buy a diesel first and with a budget of 5-7 lakh rupees OTR delhi.
i took the TD of the Figo diesel 2 times and after reading good reviews about the figo i didn't think twice and suggested my dad to go with the same.

The Pricing
Ex-Showroom - 597600
Road tax - 34619 ( this include 4000 rs MCD parking charges )
Logistic Charges ( 6250 rs ) - waived off after complaining on twitter - 0
3rd year extended warranty - 6950
Zero Dep Insurance - 19700
Essential Kit ( 3200 rs ) - Free
----------------------------------
TOTAL - 659000 Rupees.

Now Some Pics That i clicked today.

IMG_20151017_002310.jpg

IMG_20151017_002227.jpg

IMG_20151017_002241.jpg

IMG_20151017_002206.jpg

will click more pics tomorrow.

Initial Impressions and Observations
* the ruby red color look stunning in real , the pictures don't do justice to the color. the next color i liked was the smoke grey. looked smoking hot.
* the interior plastic quality could have been better but hey this car has a 1.5 liter diesel engine[evil] the plastic quality is acceptable.
* the engine was eager to show its power. in 3rd gear whenever i leave the brakes , the car seemed to jump forward even without pressing the race pedal.
*nice rear legroom. i am 5ft 11" and my knee wasn't touching the front seats after adjusting to my driving position.
*really liked the position and integration of the headlamp switch.
* the car will honk if you press the lock button on your key twice. ease in locating the car in a mall parking.
* just 1 remote key , the 2nd one is normal.
* auto door lock after 20 kmph.
* Hard gear shifts , i don't know if its ford or because its a diesel.
* the front seats aren't uncomfortable but not too supportive. will have to add aftermarket seat covers with decent cushioning.
*the front grille is silver painted but in the brochure it's mentioned that the grille will be surrounded by chrome. contacted ford on twitter , waiting for their response

thanks for reading.

Last edited:
New Ford Figo Trend Diesel !!

Hi.
Congrats on your figo, may you go many miles with it.
Cheers.
Happy motoring!

ps: i would have gone for a petrol variant, but i guess to each his own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: New Ford Figo Trend Diesel !!

Hearty Congrats and have great time with car. Thanks for sharing your ownership review. :)

Thread Starter #5

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: New Ford Figo Trend Diesel !!

@ aries - thanks for your wishes. The daily running will be upwards of 80+km that's why chose the diesel variant. And as i mentioned above the petrol figo isn't good. Wouldn't have gone for the petrol variant.

@ raaj - thanks a lot.

Re: New Ford Figo Trend (Diesel): Ownership Review

Congratulations on your new acquisition buddy and liked the color as well.

Wishing you many many happy and safe miles with your new car[clap]

Never knew that no Korean coming this time around buddy, heartiest congratulations on your new acquisition and wishing you and your family many happy miles with it.[clap]Looks brilliant in this shade, some more pictures are awaited.
Is the black interiors for trend variant above models on only for the higher one titanium one?
Share some more interior pictures please with boots space as well.

Heartiest congratulations Allhyundaicars. You should ask the moderators to let you change your TAI handle now.[;)] Hehe kidding. Great to see that you picked up the new Ford Figo over the Grand i10. I'm yet to test drive the car myself, but the thought of having a 1.5L with 100PS on tap is absolutely mouth watering. Do share the engine performance on the Figo. Will surely help other prospective buyers to make a calculated decision.

I love the color you got as well. Looks quite striking. Any mods planned in the future? And how was your overall buying experience with Ford as compared to Hyundai in the past?

Heartiest congratulations for the acquisition of ford figo.[clap][clap]
i am also planning to buy a car this month. From which dealer you took the car?
I enquired the harpreet ford and they are charging handling charges and i told that even maruti suzuki dealers are not charging handling charges then sales executive said that he didn't know anything about this and will tell me later also he didn't promised any freebi as you get the basic kit free.
Can you advise me since i am confused between swift vxi and figo trend+ petrol variant?
which one is better in terms of engine performance?
since this is my first car i don't know how to drive and is 1.2 figo that much underpowered that a normal person will feel?[confused]

Hi,

Congrats for new figo..[clap]

I have booked new figo trend in Hyderabad.

My query is related to price. How yuu got Logistic Charges ( 6250 rs ) waived??

Is it not compulsory to pay? [confused]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #11

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Congratulations on your new acquisition buddy and liked the color as well.

Wishing you many many happy and safe miles with your new car[c]
Thanks for your wishes. Every one likes the color [:D] my mom liked the orange and told me not to buy the red since we have a red i10 but after reaching home she liked the color.

Never knew that no Korean coming this time around buddy, heartiest congratulations on your new acquisition and wishing you and your family many happy miles with it.[clap]Looks brilliant in this shade, some more pictures are awaited.
Is the black interiors for trend variant above models on only for the higher one titanium one?
Share some more interior pictures please with boots space as well.
Yes no korean this time and thanks for your wishes. I will upload some more pictures. The interior image in post #1 is of the trend variant and the interior shot in post #2 is the top end variant. And i did upload a boot pic. Will take some pics after taking it for a drive. The car has been sitting like this from yesterday. More on this later.

Heartiest congratulations Allhyundaicars. You should ask the moderators to let you change your TAI handle now.[)] Hehe kidding. Great to see that you picked up the new Ford Figo over the Grand i10. I'm yet to test drive the car myself, but the thought of having a 1.5L with 100PS on tap is absolutely mouth watering. Do share the engine performance on the Figo. Will surely help other prospective buyers to make a calculated decision.

I love the color you got as well. Looks quite striking. Any mods planned in the future? And how was your overall buying experience with Ford as compared to Hyundai in the past?
Haha i wish i could :p at that time the username looked perfect for me. I didn't even see the grand i10 pricing and i calculated today that after discounts , sports diesel would have been just 20k cheaper than the figo. No airbags , smaller engine.
I am yet to take it above 80 kmph. Will follow the run in tips.

Yes i will add some things like front chrome grille. I am not a fan but on this car it looks superb, gear lock , seat covers.
The booking experience was good. Didn't face much trouble , got the prices from the adviser , fixed the deal, applied for loan (loan process had some problems) yesterday got the DO from the bank , paid the down payment and in 90 minutes the car was handed over to me. Thanks for your wishes.

Heartiest congratulations for the acquisition of ford figo.
i am also planning to buy a car this month. From which dealer you took the car?
I enquired the harpreet ford and they are charging handling charges and i told that even maruti suzuki dealers are not charging handling charges then sales executive said that he didn't know anything about this and will tell me later also he didn't promised any freebi as you get the basic kit free.
Can you advise me since i am confused between swift vxi and figo trend+ petrol variant?
which one is better in terms of engine performance?
since this is my first car i don't know how to drive and is 1.2 figo that much underpowered that a normal person will feel?[cosed]
Thanks a lot.
I bought from harpreet ford , moti nagar branch. I sent a tweet to ford india page on twitter asking why the handling charges are being charged and pasted a link from economic times and the dealer's name. Within 5 minutes got a call from ford and they told me they will remove the charges and they will contact the dealer. And after 20 minutes got the confirmation from someone at the dealer that it has been removed.

I have been to their rohini branch for a TD and after that visited moti nagar branch and i politely asked the adviser that you have to atleast give the essential kit free. He said yes. So no trouble getting the kit for free.

I drove a swift 3 years back on a highway after driving my i10 petrol and i liked the swift's engine. At that time i realised why everyone praises maruti. Had a really fun time driving it.
On the other hand the new figo petrol felt strained even at 30 kmph speeds. So yeah it didn't impress me. I liked the liva's 1.2 and grand i10's 1.2 better than the Ford. So yes swift's engine is better compared to the figo. You should take a test drive and see how you like the car. If you decide on figo i will contact my adviser and i think he'll give the same deal to you as well.

Thread Starter #12

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Since i got a loan myself the dealer yesterday gave me a TC number plate. He said they will send the car for registration after getting the loan amount from the bank. Dad told me not to drive the car so the car is parked from yesterday.
My adviser told me there are 3 number plates ,
1 is TC - Trade certifcate
2 is temporary number plate - registered with a temporary number
And finally the registerd number plate.

He said the car has not been registered even for a temporary number. On monday he will register the car. How long does it take to register :help:

2. Really liked the way the car gets locked. Just push the lever that is used to open the gate and all the doors will get locked. Check the images.

3. I don't knkw why but this message gets displayed everytime i start the car. What to do ? The adviser said it won't show after some time ?

4. The plastic on the door moves when i operate the window buttons [surprise] i didn't expect this from this car. This thing happens in my santro. When i open or close the window , the plastic body moves inside and out. Happens in all the doors. Not a major thing but still wanted to report this.

Attachments

@AHC:
Once again congrats saarji. Now it looks like you have to change your username to 'not-allhyundaicars' :tongue:

This door plastic flexing although is not an issue (not even minor) as there are a couple of cars which do have this but what annoys is when a Swift driving friend friend is out of words in finding a fault and then discovers this one and says "Swift me aisa issue nahi hota". :lol!:

BTW you should accept that you are a bad photographer :biggrin:

Thread Starter #14

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Haha. It was the same kind of friend which likes to find faults but he is so impressed with the car and the rate that he didn't make a big fuss about the issue.

Yeah i agree , pics are not the best :p will add good photographs when i get the time.

Thanks a lot.
I bought from harpreet ford , moti nagar branch. I sent a tweet to ford india page on twitter asking why the handling charges are being charged and pasted a link from economic times and the dealer's name. Within 5 minutes got a call from ford and they told me they will remove the charges and they will contact the dealer. And after 20 minutes got the confirmation from someone at the dealer that it has been removed.

I have been to their rohini branch for a TD and after that visited moti nagar branch and i politely asked the adviser that you have to atleast give the essential kit free. He said yes. So no trouble getting the kit for free.

I drove a swift 3 years back on a highway after driving my i10 petrol and i liked the swift's engine. At that time i realised why everyone praises maruti. Had a really fun time driving it.
On the other hand the new figo petrol felt strained even at 30 kmph speeds. So yeah it didn't impress me. I liked the liva's 1.2 and grand i10's 1.2 better than the Ford. So yes swift's engine is better compared to the figo. You should take a test drive and see how you like the car. If you decide on figo i will contact my adviser and i think he'll give the same deal to you as well.
Thanks a lot for unbiased advise and will definitely contact you if i will go for figo.
What about the interiors quality, look and feel of ford figo as compared to swift.?
I saw a figo at dealership but wasn't able to test drive it and found rear space more than swift. Also the power window switches and the handle on which power window switches are fitted looks much premium as compared to swift. I will go for test drive tommorow and will decide after that but as everyone is telling about figo's 1.2 ti-vct looks to be dull performer and i am very much inclined towards swift only for that reason.

Last edited:

Top Bottom