New Ford Figo Trend (Diesel) | 3rd Year | 47,000 Kms: Ownership Review

Re: New Ford Figo Trend (Diesel): Ownership Review

Sorry for the late wishes,

Congrats on your buy.

I apologize for the noob question, but how do you find the build quality of the figo ?

Is it similar to the mass market cars like swift and i10 or is it stronger that the competition ?

@AHC:
Sirji those seat covers do look great. In fact coupled to that steering cover and the red stitching are all good enough to complement the beast under the hood [evil]

Congratulations buddy for your new acquisition and this time not Hyundai

I am loving the Figo. Indeed a great package from Ford. If not Bolt, my first car would have been this one. But could not wait longer for for this one to lauch and got Bolt instead.

Wish you many happy miles with your new beast

Cheers!
Abhi

Thread Starter #34

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Sorry for the late wishes,

Congrats on your buy.

I apologize for the noob question, but how do you find the build quality of the figo ?

Is it similar to the mass market cars like swift and i10 or is it stronger that the competition ?
Thanks kishore. The quality seems a tad better than grand i10. Haven't checked swift so can't comment. But yes the build quality is not even close to the previous gen figo.

@AHC:
Sirji those seat covers do look great. In fact coupled to that steering cover and the red stitching are all good enough to complement the beast under the hood [evil]
Thanks vipul [thumbsup]
Congratulations buddy for your new acquisition and this time not Hyundai

I am loving the Figo. Indeed a great package from Ford. If not Bolt, my first car would have been this one. But could not wait longer for for this one to lauch and got Bolt instead.

Wish you many happy miles with your new beast

Cheers!
Abhi
Congrats abhi on your car as well [thunbsup] and thanks for your wishes.

Thread Starter #35

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Went today to get the number plate from the dealer.
And gave the advisor who sold me the car a chocolate box as a diwali gift. He was very surprised and said thanks twice and was really happy .When going out i casually asked him to give me a perfume and the cushions free :p and also check the price and discount of the reverse parking sensors.

They had autocop but with proper ford packaging and it costed 3000rs without the rear view mirror.
He was giving me just 5% discount.
I had inquired from another shop that the sensors with rear view mirror will cost 2300 rs.

I was waiting outside my car and the advisor came with the pillows , neck rests and a perfume and gave it to me. [:D]

Thumbsup for customer satisfaction. Will email ford about my happy buying experience.

Also gave an order for garware icecool shield (2800rs) and garware international lite (800 rs) hopefully tomorrow he will install it from a local shop.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #36

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Got the films installed today. Guy told me not to operate the windows so i just pressed the button which i thought will stop all windows from working.
But that's not the case. [confused] i checked the passenger window and it was working. :/ i used the switch from the passenger side.

One more thing that's irritating me is a dashboard rattle which occurs at 1100 rpm. [frustration] in each and every gear the rattle is present. Will get it checked in my first service.

Attachments

bhvm

Honoured Member

Are Films OK in dehli mate?

About the rattle, It seems there is some resonance. Ask them to balance the Flywheel.

Thread Starter #38

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Nope. But we don't have underground parking and car's parked directly under the sunlight so need these.

The rattle comes from driver's side and i feel it is just behind the dashboard. I don't think it's any mechanical thing but something seems loose

bhvm

Honoured Member

it could be also some random objects in glovebox or cubbyholes.

Thread Starter #40

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Like i said before, it comes from the driver's side, just behind the steering wheel. No worries, i can live with it for now. Will update once it's sorted.

Thread Starter #41

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

refuelled today.
290 kms / 21 liters = 14 kmpl approx.

and not all of it was sedate driving [evil] mix of AC usage , 100% city.

the manual says to check mileage figures only after 1500 kms ( or 3000 kms , don't remember)

also , the needle was near the quarter mark and it took only 21 liters. the manual says the car has 40 liter tank.

when i went to refuel just after the showroom it took 32 liters and the needle was at the minimum mark.

Any update on the fuel economy of this poweful diesel on highways. Last generation Figo was an average performer in terms of fuel economy, hope this engine will come out as the most powerful as well as one of the most economical diesel

Last edited:

Sorry, what I wanted to ask was highway mileage but forgot to include the word highway. Later edited my reply [:)]

But any case I have already recommended Figo to one of my friends though he is inclided towards Grand I10

congrats for your new car buddy..
can you please tell me where you got your car insured .coz LIBRA FORD is asking 21k for 0 dep insurance .

Top Bottom