I am really confused in which diesel hatch to buy.
I am a tall guy 6'2" and i drive sensibly (moderately fast but yet safe, no racing and no sudden acceleration). I have owned optra 1.8 petrol which totally burned my pockets. Although i know i cannot get the performance like that in any other car but savings in fuel was a good enough reason for me to sell it off.
So far i have taken test drive of following cars(only diesel) and my reviews:
1. toyota etios liva GD: loved it for city driving and huge space. didnt like it for the noise level (which i can still live with) and hate it for interiors. A bit costly for what they are offering. with better interiors would have gone for it.
2. hyundai i20 asta: loved it for the looks both interior and exterior but hate it for being too costly and lack of ABS
on the sportz version. no idea how would the braking be without ABS
. Also felt a weak 2nd gear as opposed to the reviews (maybe i was expecting too much). Also loaded with features.
3. Ford Figo titanium: Good VFM
. the model i tried did not have tiltable steering so it was a bit uncomfortable, so will have to check it again. Also the interiors were midly cramped (maybe because i was driving with the seat almost full back and once i can tilt the steering it might free up some space in the rear)
4. Maruti Swift: would have been automatic choice had the prices not been increased and space wise it was not cramped AND the waiting period was 1/4 of what it is now. Also there is no boot space. the way they have designed the boot space one cant even put a international sized suitcase. Although they say it is some 240 ltrs but looks lesser than 200.
5.fiat punto: loved the way it drives and performance. really worried about the After sales service. The guys who came to show me the car were least bothered with selling it. It was almost like someone had forced them to come. And were really dumb to be sales guy of a car. They had no brochure or price list!!! were confused about the price. Also interior quality was not good
Budget: 7 Lakhs can go around 8 for a really good reason
Your Location: Banglore
Top 5 Priorities: in order
1. Space is my first criteria, i should be comfortable while driving and there should be some place left for the rear passenger.
2. Fuel economy: after spending loads of money in fuel in my previous car its time to save money
3. Resale: It should have a decent resale after 2-3 years.
4. Maintenance: regular servicing and maintenance should not be too high and not painful.
5. interiors and features: it should feel like a new car
Monthly Running: 800 city 300-400 highway
For Which Purpose: office travel and other city trips plus family trip to other cities
Max. Seating Capacity: 4-5
Priority of Fuel Type: Diesel