New Maruti Swift Versus Rest of the Competition!

Your favourite hatchback?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
After Maruti Suzuki launched the New Swift in India, the curiosity amongst many car enthusiasts, buyers / owners is evident and one such example is there in our forum itself where various threads about comparing Swift with a specific rival have been popping out. That’s why; I’m creating this single thread for all those debates and discussions so that we together can reach to a definite conclusion while helping the prospective buyers at the same time. Please cast your vote by keeping yourself in a situation of a new hatchback buyer and count all the aspects as an owner. For example: Looks, Performance, Fuel Efficiency, Comfort, Safety, After Sales, Value For Money and more. The prime contenders are:

• Maruti Suzuki Swift (Rs.4.09 Lakhs)
New-Suzuki-Swift1.jpg
  • Toyota Etios Liva (Rs.3.99 Lakhs)
Toyota-Etios-Liva.gif
  • Tata Indica Vista (Rs.3.84 Lakhs)
Tata-Indica-Vista-Blue.jpg
  • Fiat Grande Punto (Rs.4.31 Lakhs)
Fiat-Grande-Punto-16V-1.6-Multijet.jpg
  • Ford Figo (Rs.3.69 Lakhs)
product-image-Ford-Figo-diesel-EXI--663-1276081299071.jpg
  • Volkswagen Polo (Rs.4.57 Lakhs)
Volkswagen_New_Polo_Wallpaper_8.jpg
  • Hyundai i20 (Rs.4.58 Lakhs)
hyundai-i20-india3-thumb.jpg
  • Nissan Micra (Rs.4.10 Lakhs)
Nissan-Micra-green-front.jpg
  • Skoda Fabia (Rs.4.35 Lakhs)
Skoda-Fabia-GreenLine.jpg
  • New Honda Jazz (Rs.5.5 Lakhs)
redcar_whitebg.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z - I had the same idea of bringing up this thread later this evening after looking at so many different comparison threads opened. Now everyone can poll here itself [:)]

I wish we had a ranking system or something to rank accordingly and give percentage of vote depending on the rank.

But anyway, for me the hottest hatch in Petrol category is VW Polo 1.6. It justifies the price you pay. Age-defying looks, world class fit and finish, heavy tank like build, softer suspension, to the point gearbox, not too bad low end torque, and very good steering.

If considering Diesel, do not even tempt to look beyond Swift with DDiS. Most respected diesel engine, unmatched power-to-weight ratio, livelier, comparatively lowest turbo-lag, after sales support and resale.

But I could only vote one - so VW Polo [:)]

Where is ritz and beat.These two cars comes with petrol and diesel engine.If figo can come to the list,then definitely ritz and beat should come according to me.
So I didnt vote.

wow these many choices!! I go for figo 'coz its most VFM and has all features!!
Figo petrol.Noway to me.
Why?
-Dull 1.2 engine(heard dull)
-ARAI of 15.xx kmpl.
-Not so exciting looks
-Heard it has pathetic acceleration with ac on.
-Fully loaded doesnt have usb,tilt steering,alloys,audio mounted controls.
-Heard several niggles in one forum.Not sure.
-Buit to a cost car(heard).
To me diesel figo is VFM.I feel the diesel avatar of figo has helped it to get so many awards.

The first three hatchbacks in my priority list are Toyota Liva, Nissan Micra and VW Polo. The fourth place will go for Figo ( for it's price) and the Vista and Swift will share the fifth place. Fabia, i20 and Jazz are not in my list as i can go for a Verito for that price.

Nothing but Punto 90HP .(not in the list)

Driveability ,torque,ride quality,looks.

I cannot even think beyond or backward due to petrol like refinement and tank like built.

I own one and wont mind owning one more.

My choice is for hatch = (Vista price tag + Polo fit and finish + Jazz interiors + Punto Diesel heart + i20 Auto tranny + Swift styling + Micra reliability) - (Figo ground clearance + Skoda A$$ + Liva quality)[confused][confused]

Ok ok, don't kick me.
My vote goes to All new Swift.

My choice is for hatch = (Vista price tag + Polo fit and finish + Jazz interiors + Punto Diesel heart + i20 Auto tranny + Swift styling + Micra reliability) - (Figo ground clearance + Skoda A$$ + Liva quality)[confused][confused]

Ok ok, don't kick me.
My vote goes to All new Swift.
Sorry to go OT but was Algebra your favourite subject???[roll]

Top Bottom