The Definitive Petrol v/s Diesel Calculator

Thread Starter #1
I have done a calculation a long back for myself and my friend. Please have a look at it or plan something similar to determine what is better for you.

Also feel free to ask anything regarding the sheet attached below.

I forgot to colour KMs column, you are requested to change it as per your DAILY running. Also you can change number of days from 20 days to your requirement to determine exact figure.

Note: Please do not attempt to copy or distribute the attached file without due credit to the actual source. Thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: Help in Choosing a Spacious Hatchback

Execllent tool for people who want to make a decision. Good job there.

There will always be some people though who just want to upgrade or change their driving options from Petrol to diesel or vice versa, considering they have Vit M [:)]

That was good Shalinder,Thanks for prepareing such a nice tool.

Thread Starter #6

shailinder Nice work. your excel sheet is very helpful.
Thanks Surfer.

Excellent calculator Shailendar. This will benefit a lot of people.
Thanks Jalex.

Execllent tool for people who want to make a decision. Good job there.

There will always be some people though who just want to upgrade or change their driving options from Petrol to diesel or vice versa, considering they have Vit M
[lol]well Vitamin "M" is always important to make a decision. But people shifting from Petrol to Diesel or vice versa should think for a while whether the switch from P to D is actually going to make sense or not. Because by paying 1 lakh extra and interest on EMI (if opted) would help them buy a higher version. FOOD for thought ! Yes it is

That was good Shalinder,Thanks for prepareing such a nice tool.
Thanks Vishwas.

350Z

Core Team
Fantastic creation Shalinder. You deserve applaud for it. Thanks for sharing this useful tool. I can bet, it is going to help many of our forum members and visitors alike.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #8
Thanks Vibhor for appreciating it. You are right it will definitely assist people to come to a conclusion before considering Diesel over Petrol purely on buying a cheap fuel (Diesel).

Thread Starter #10
wow great tool dude but why days are only 20 and they cant be changed also ??
Thanks dodge. [thumbsup]

It is not nothing to do with 20 days. Actually on assumption I created it that people tend to travel for work 20 days in a month (generally) keeping Sat / Sun as off days. Moreover, week end trips be it outside or to relatives or general roaming in cities are either limited or not necessary on every single Sat / Sun.

So based on these assumption, I have mentioned 20 days. But if you or anyone would like to change the count. They can increase / decrease based on their individual needs and see the results.

This tool or calculation sheet is for the reference and can be twisted based on individual needs. [cheers]
I hope, I have clarified you doubt.

Thread Starter #11
Friends,

I have revised the file and attached again. Please have a look and suggest if that makes more sense. Similarly, you are also requested to send your request for a calculation based on this principal (if required).

I would be happy to extend that support.

Thread Starter #15

Top Bottom