Yet Another Premium Hatchback Query

Thread Starter #16
here are the list which i took in concern to omit the polo & i20 over Punto..
i am totaly falling love with punto realy the way it handles & curves, Steering wheel when speed increases steering gets better and better wow[thumbsup]. i think i ll go for punto bossa nova white!
any ides guys about choosing emotion pack and active, if i chose active i ll go for this
mode:-
Punto OE Alloys with 195/60/R15 section rubber CPC2.
Fitted Fog Lamps
Painted ORVMs body colored.
Painted front 2 grills and fog lamp enclosure silver.
Kenwood KDC-BT7043U (Bluetooth Enabled, PARROT Bluetooth Kit).
Infinity Front Components.
Blaupunkt 4-Channel Amplifier.
Rear speakers JBL GTO947 (400 watts).
Roof Antenna.
Sun Film.
if i choose emotion pack, i need to change the stereo, but i ll loose blue & me technology? suggestion for this?
definitely i ll go for punto no doubt. but i ll wait til feb, lets see if get good change in plastic of 2011 model..
what you guys think, should i go for active or emotion pack or should i wait for 2011?

Can you guys please throw some light on this?

cheers
greg..[cheers]

i20 and Jazz :shocked:

What is wrong with the people here?

They arent the most fun to drive hatches in this country.
Get into Jazz, drool it sometime & you have all answers in it!!

here are the list which i took in concern to omit the polo & i20 over Punto..
i am totaly falling love with punto realy the way it handles & curves, Steering wheel when speed increases steering gets better and better wow[thumbsup].
cheers
greg..[cheers]

If its going to be Polo & Punto.

I would say Polo, but its longer waiting period is hurdle for many

Punto is just the next best to Polo.

Both are worth buying.

My vote goes for Punto 90 HP (If diesel is on your mind)

Jazz -- ONLY if honda launches Jazz with city engine
Punto Petrol -- ONLY if Fiat launches Punto with TJET, which I think should be early next year.
Hyundai i20 -- NO, low seating, high dashboard, lack of steering feedback.
Polo -- I am confused as its from parent company of Skoda

And yes, buy a car with ABS and airbags.

gagi, if money is not a constraint, go for E-Pack (90 HP is prefereble if you want more power, but 76 hp is also adequately powered).

OE alloy cost itself is 9900 per alloy.
In Active variant, Fog lamp can't be fitted easily.

Now id money is constraint, go for Dynamic, and put whatever you want from outside. But you will miss ABS and air-bags.

Thread Starter #20
gagi, if money is not a constraint, go for E-Pack (90 HP is prefereble if you want more power, but 76 hp is also adequately powered).

OE alloy cost itself is 9900 per alloy.
In Active variant, Fog lamp can't be fitted easily.

Now id money is constraint, go for Dynamic, and put whatever you want from outside. But you will miss ABS and air-bags.
rsm.
alloy cost 9900k per only in fiat genuine accessories, how much it cost in auto cop, if i need to modify 15" or 16"?

as per dynamic model we can also fit in active?[:)]
-----------Next Post-----------
guys if i choose emotion pack, i need to change the stereo immediately as you all know stereo is pathetic & i am a music craze, but i ll loose blue & me technology?

suggestion for this?

Last edited:
I am answering , just by reading your first post

Go for PUNTO
Reason : i like the car so so so much. Its worth for the price.

And
beware in alloys section from outside - you need a 98pcd alloys , many fix 100 pcd and taiwan nuts for the extra stress. though normally followed by many , i felt saying no to this.

Thread Starter #22
2011 Fiat Punto To Come With E.torQ Motors
Posted by George on July 3rd, 2010.

Fiat Punto is continuing its winning spell in countries like Argentina and Brazil. Naturally the markets which supports Punto is getting new version Punto. The 2011 Fiat Punto is not about changes in looks and styling, but 2011 Punto comes with a new and wide range of engine combinations and minor interior changes. There are four new engines offered in seven different versions. The latest version of 2011 Fiat Punto are 1.6 16V Essence, Essence 1.8 16V, 1.8 16V Dualogic Essence , Sporting 1.8 16V , 1.8 16V Sporting Dualogic . In addition to those basic versions , Attractive 1.4, and sporting T -Jet , equipped with turbo 1.4 T – Jet combinations are also available.
The Fiat Punto 1.6 16V E.torQ Petrol variant can bring 115 horses at peak with 16.2Nm maximum torque. While it’s 1.8 16V sibling can develop 130 hp peak power and maximum torque of 18.2 Nm. Fiat promises exciting power and torque combination for other variants too. To achieve this outstanding performance parameters Fiat have taken many steps like employing lighter moving parts in the engine, smooth operating and less polluting power plants.
The Fiat Punto 1.6 16V can now easily attain maximum speed of 180mph while 1.8 16V can reach 189 mph level. In addition to the introduction of new motors Fiat has made minor changes in interior too. 2011 Punto instrument cluster is now lit with LEDs with white theme, the steering wheel and wheel covers are unique in each variant. The in car entertainment system contains a radio with CD player with MP3/WMA RDS and optional steering wheel mounted audio controls.
The feature list not ending there, six on-board computer functions, power steering, speed limit alerts and scheduled maintenance, internal command for opening the trunk and fuel cap , wiper / the rear window defroster , outside door handles , mirrors and bumpers in colour of the vehicle, electric door locks and electric front windows with one touch function and anti-squash , are other items present in 2011 Fiat Punto.
The top end variant Punto T -Jet , equipped with a 1.4 turbo engine 152 horsepower at 5,500 rpm, disc brake on all four wheels , sport seats , side miniskirts in black, sports exhaust tip with dual chrome outlet , cruise control, parking sensor , rear power windows with one touch and anti-squash , Hi-Fi sound with subwoofer and alloy wheels rim 17 ” , among others.
In India we can not say that Fiat Grande Punto enjoying a definitive success. Fiat Grande Punto though made a grand entrance in our market but it could not maintain the initial pace and back to back launches in hatch back segment made situation worse for Punto. This month Fiat India will be launching Grande Punto 90 bhp here. So let us see whether 2011 Punto too will be joining Fiat India’s portfolio.

it is true? 2011 Fiat Punto To Come With E.torQ Motors, any information regarding this?[:)][:)]

Thread Starter #23
Hey Gagi, as RSM mentioned, yeah Polo is not a wise choice, with VW's thin dealer network.

i20 CRDi is a fantastic option. The design is built to last for a few years, spacious interiors, FE about 14Kmpl in city (I'm not 100% sure, but read this in a lot of forums)and the Magna version costs just under 7L.

Another option I could think of is the Swift VDi.
avindu
sorry bro, i din like i20.
hyundai will mess it up with the light steering and soft suspension.

My take is:

- i20 and GP 75bhp motors, GP all the way.

- i20 1.5L 110bhp and GP 75 bhp - i20. I can ignore the steering and dynamics then.

- i20 1.5L 110 bhp and GP 90bhp - very tough decision. I'd go with GP again.

- i20 1.5L 110bhp and GP 1.6L 110bhp - I'll pick the GP with my eyes closed.

Thread Starter #24
Till now I was thinking Punto is loaded with the features in its segment. Please share what you missed.
rsm
and sory guys i mistype it it was polo prtrol higline, which as Misses lots of bells and whistles, it was polo i took td in kollapur[frustration]

Thread Starter #25
ilango[speed thirst];60339 said:
I am answering , just by reading your first post

Go for PUNTO
Reason : i like the car so so so much. Its worth for the price.

And
beware in alloys section from outside - you need a 98pcd alloys , many fix 100 pcd and taiwan nuts for the extra stress. though normally followed by many , i felt saying no to this.
ok ilango than x i ll stay off from that.. do you have any idea where i get exact 98pcd[:)].

Thread Starter #26
Get to your nearest and try to get feedback from the owner of FIAT cars. IMO this will give you a clear idea of real status of A.S.S.

My advice would be to go for Punto. Since your monthly running is close to 3000km, i think the car you buy must be fuel efficient which Punto is.
Also Punto(read 90HP), IMO will give you best highway pleasure.
akash
my friend who own punto i took is advice about service A.S.S. and he is very satisfied with the service. we both went to showroom, he introduce me a guy. by is communication he was reliable about A.S.S. and he told me if you face any problem, give me a cal anytime. i was happy with that[clap]. but i told him i ll book a car next year jan 2011 lets hope some change in interiors. fiat has offer punto & linea 55k discount..

akash all spares are available in belgaum.[:)]

sounds like a joke........!!.

fiat cannot afford low FE cars in india.

fiat already has a bad reputation for bad a.s.s and low FE .

unless they pull out through the bad A.s.s there is no chance even for linea tjet either the sales figure definitely shows the Indian attitude.

Thread Starter #28
My vote goes for Punto 90 HP (If diesel is on your mind)

Jazz -- ONLY if honda launches Jazz with city engine
Punto Petrol -- ONLY if Fiat launches Punto with TJET, which I think should be early next year.
Hyundai i20 -- NO, low seating, high dashboard, lack of steering feedback.
Polo -- I am confused as its from parent company of Skoda

And yes, buy a car with ABS and airbags.
thinking to go for emotion pack, but i hate blaupunkt system, no sound quality at all, felt like listening radio, if i change HU i ll lose blue and me & steering mounted buttons any suggestion for this?
than x amit.

Wow.. you seemed to have fallen in love with the Punto. I wouldn't be surprised if you have already booked one [;)]. I guess its a good thing to register in Jan 2011. Good luck and hoping to see a ownership thread soon!

thinking to go for emotion pack, but i hate blaupunkt system, no sound quality at all, felt like listening radio, if i change HU i ll lose blue and me & steering mounted buttons any suggestion for this?
than x amit.
To improve sound quality, there are multiple options. You can keep HU, add amp and/or sub with component speakers.

Top Bottom