Which Cars in India Need a Redesign?

i am not sure HM has any centres of innovation present in their portfolio.

all their products namely the ambassador was some old german car and what i can bleakly remember the contessa though a looker during the 90's among the crowds of the 118NE and the padmini was some vauxhall cars which they remade it in india.
correction

wikipedia mentions the HM amby is based on Morris Oxford Series III

and the contessa on GM Vauxhall Victor FE

Hindustan Ambassador - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hindustan Contessa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think that the following vehicles need a change:
1. Maruti SX4: Very nice car but the interiors need a remodel.
2. Chevrolet Optra: Exteriors as well interiors need's to be redesigned they look dated.
3. Chevrolet Tavera: I guess the entire vehicle needs to be updated according to the current market
4. Mahindra Scorpio: one of the best SUV's under 15L range but i really want Mahindra to come up some nice, classy and elegant interiors. As a personal choice i like Scorpio from outside but i hate the interiors, looks really out dated. (No offence to all the Scorpio Owners, just my personal thoughts).

can't think of any other cars as of right now.

Thread Starter #34
I think that the following vehicles need a change:
2. Chevrolet Optra: Exteriors as well interiors need's to be redesigned they look dated.
3. Chevrolet Tavera: I guess the entire vehicle needs to be updated according to the current market
4. Mahindra Scorpio: one of the best SUV's under 15L range but i really want Mahindra to come up some nice, classy and elegant interiors. As a personal choice i like Scorpio from outside but i hate the interiors, looks really out dated. (No offence to all the Scorpio Owners, just my personal thoughts).

can't think of any other cars as of right now.
Singh bro the optra will be anyway discontinued by gm after September ,so don't think they will do anything for it but what a car it is man .

1. Maruti Zen Estilo: Too girly and does not hold a candle to the old Zen.
2. Maruti Swift Dzire: I really do not like the new Dzire. The stubby boot looks very out of proportion compared to the big front end. So much worse than the old Dzire which, compared to the new one, was way better.
3. Chevrolet Tavera: As a personal vehicle, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. Spartan interiors and the horrible ride quality makes it a bad vehicle. As a taxi, I guess it is an okay vehicle though the ride quality on bumpy roads is unbelievably bad. If they could make it look mean and muscular, it might make the Tavera look good atleast.
4. The new Toyota Innova: The headlamps and tail lamps are pretty ugly. Especially the tail lamps (even the new Fortuner has ugly tail lams). Looks like Chinese aftermarket lamps. The old innova was much better visually. So was the old Fortuner.
5. Ford Figo: It is a very capable car but looks pretty ugly. My girl doesn't want to buy one only because it looks ugly even though it drives very well.
6. Mitsubishi Lancer: It's time India got the Lancer that is available internationally. I would've got one with my eyes closed if it was available for around Rs. 12 lacs.
7. Toyota Etios: Looks too much like the Mahindra Verito for it's own good.
8. Maruti SX4: Too long in the tooth. Looked good when it was released but not so much now.
9. Renault Duster: For a car that was just released, it looks like it's been around for a decade.
10. Nissan Sunny: Horrible interiors. I hate the discman-like centre console.
11. Tata Indica (not the Vista): An ugly vehicle which is horrible to drive as well. The only plus point I can think of is the interior space.
12. Tata Sumo: One of the ugliest vehicles I've ever seen. Period.

350Z

Core Team
San Storm is another car that requires a thorough overhaul. Not only from outside but also inside (under the hood). I would love to see an affordable sports car in India.

San-Storm.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

The car is not selling well. I doubt a facelift will help. Maruti may just pull the plug and launch something else.

This car has been replaced by the Cruze, so they won't bother.

It has received a minor facelift. Consider the market it caters to, i doubt looks are a priority. They are more interested in giving the customer a VFM product.

Again, the XUV500 is supposed to replace this, so why bother.

Singh bro the optra will be anyway discontinued by gm after September ,so don't think they will do anything for it but what a car it is man .
Yes bro i also liked the Optra but now the car looks dated that's the only thing i don't like about it.

The car is not selling well. I doubt a facelift will help. Maruti may just pull the plug and launch something else.
It's not selling well because i think it is priced high and the interior's don't match up for that kinda price. So they should change the interiors and try pricing it more competently. Besides that i like the SX4 especially when it comes to space and GC.

This car has been replaced by the Cruze, so they won't bother.
Well i didn't had any idea that they are dis-continuing the optra. But Cruze and Optra both are from different segments and even the price range is totally different.

Again, the XUV500 is supposed to replace this, so why bother.
I don't think buddy that XUV 500 is supposed to replace the Scorpio. They both are totally different SUV's and even belong to different price ranges.

And Scorpio is one of the best sellers of Mahindra. so why would they
replace it?

This is just my personal opinion and in no way I intend to hurt anyone with my remarks on the models mentioned below.
IMO, the current Indian cars that a redesign are:

Chevrolet
Aveo - Has aged out. New design needed if it co-exists with Sail sedan.
Aveo-UVA - badly needs a new design change if it co-exists with Sail HB.
Optra - Great package, now requires new sheet metal.
Tavera - Enough of cosmetic upgrades.

Ford
Endeavour - Too boxy to compete with sharp designs.
Figo - Has started showing its age.

HM-Mitsubishi
Ambassador - Need to look like DC's design.

Honda
Accord - Nice car, now shoingits age against competition.

Hyundai
Santro - Good car but looks are dated.

Mahindra
Xylo - Although recently updated. Still looks odd.
Scorpio - Now started aging a bit. New update on the way.

Maruti
800 - Good to know an update in on the cards.
A-Star - Never liked the styling.
Eeco - What with the super-tall-boy design.
Grand Vitara - New update on its way.
Omni - Works wonder for Maruti, but design is dated.
SX4 - Needs to look sharper, edgier.
Wagon R - Super-tall-boy design, eyesore headlights.

Nissan
Micra - Good product, never liked the roundish looks.
X-Trail - Looks boxy and dated.

Skoda
Fabia - Skoda can do better looking hatchbacks.

Tata
Indica - How long Tata.....How long?
Manza - The rear overhang.
Nano - Headlamp design needs to change. Needs freshen up.
Sumo - Good product but the front facia needs to change.

Volkswagen
Vento - The rear end looks bland. The front end too similar to Polo. I know they share the same chassis. But still.

ditto for swift and swift dezire , you can't judge them without seeing rear.
yes vinayan, the back end also dont have much difference because swift boot is closer in size with our swift dzire it seems,then why should we have a boot in swift in dzire maruti can stop production of dzire i think.

Top Bottom