Which Brand's Fuel Do You Fill? (IOC/Shell/HP/BP etc.)

Which brand of fuel?

• Indian Oil

Votes: 21 28.8%
  • BP

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • HP

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Shell

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Reliance

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Any Other

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
I Usually Chose Among 3 Pumps in the Town.Most of the Time ,Fills from a BPCL Pump.Other Pumps I Usually use are a Reliance(Rs47.09 petrol,Rs 35.96 Diesel IIRC) Pump and a HP Pump.
I think it will be better for the engine if u stick to one brand and also one filling station. am i right guys???
----------Next Post------------
My friend said to me that the fuel injectors will get damaged if we use anything other than normal unleaded fuel. don know how far this is true!!!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #17
My friend said to me that the fuel injectors will get damaged if we use anything other than normal unleaded fuel. don know how far this is true!!!
I don't know if it will have any impact on engine, but i am sure there is no advantage in putting premium diesel. So make no sense to pay more.

"Premium fuels do no good to the engine,but use of these fuels affects the engine performance negatively. The cost of additives added per litre to such fuels is not more than 5-10p per litre,still these companies charge rs.3-4 more for such so called premium fuels." I once heard Mr.Tutu Dhawan,Autoexpert, saying this on some news channel.
Since then, using basic IOC petrol for my cars.

Thread Starter #19
Till now i was using Indian oil, but this time for a change i filled Shell diesel in my Punto and i am mileage has increased a bit. I wam going to try shell for couple of more times.

i am a loyal customer of shell. wherever i go i try to find shell stations.and my dad strictly says no premium or xtra mile or whatever. says its not good for health(of the car[:)]). my second preference in case i don't find any shell stations is IOC.

Thats great RSM , But shell is costlier right?? DO update us if your mileage has really increased because of using shell!!

Re: Which company's (brand) fuel you use?

Hi Sandeep,

Welcome to The Automotive India. We would love to hear more from you about yourself and your Scorpio.
Enjoy your stay here.

Cheers,
Akash

Sandeep i rely on IOC, or BPCL.

I fill Normal Diesel , mainly for the reason i may not get these premium diesel when you go out of city.
Quite Happy with performance.
I am getting an average of 11.5 -12 kmpl with Normal Diesel ofcourse with AC.

My cars like hp normal petrol/diesel(as the case may be),they give me maximum performance with maximum fuel efficiency with this brand ,whereas with other brands either i get less performance or less fuel efficiency. [:)]

Prefer Shell when compared to other company fuels.I'm getting more mileage from Shell.Current price in chennai is around 68 rs,which is more or less equivalent to ioc/hp ,you get rite quality,quantity and peace of mind.

For my Skyline and Chaser I had to use 98 octane fuel as they were Turbo charged petrol engines with lots of aftermarket parts on the engine

I always used Shell V-power 98 octane

I use any of the PSU companies but mostly a HP near my house because there is not much cheating there. A lot of the pumps cheat on the quality and quantity of fuel.

I use any of the PSU companies but mostly a HP near my house because there is not much cheating there. A lot of the pumps cheat on the quality and quantity of fuel.
Hello Peter which area you fill the fuel?
As during my visit to Goa i filled it on the way to Goa @ HP bunk which mostly truck's were fuelling.
In madgaon near Bus stand in the HP bunk.
Are they good?

Last edited:

Top Bottom