Volkswagen Vento Highline Diesel 2012 - Terra Beige.

Thread Starter #47
Vbaskar 3D mats are looking very good and duster is also good, do you find this duster useful?
Yes ToughGuy....Since the car gets water washed weekly a gentle 5-8 mins swipe everyday morning makes it better (bangalore is full of construction dust)

The only thing we need to be careful is on clearning the duster as it catches the dust unlike other dusters and we need to clean with cold water and dry it ..

Yes ToughGuy....Since the car gets water washed weekly a gentle 5-8 mins swipe everyday morning makes it better (bangalore is full of construction dust)

The only thing we need to be careful is on clearning the duster as it catches the dust unlike other dusters and we need to clean with cold water and dry it ..
Thanks for the details Vbaskar, i also visit lots of construction sites due to which lots of dust accumulates on my car so i was thinking of buying this duster for quite some time but sure about its results.

Thread Starter #49
Just had a good 380 KMS Bangalore - Chennai Drive (btw, still in chennai until mid week).

a) The Highway handling between 100-120 is amazing. The maneuver and the brakes feel extremely good. Infact i had to come to literally full stop from 100 when a bullock was on the curve...I could come down comfortably.

b) The highest i could touch is 140...Beyond 120 you can feel the engine sound inside but its still smooth

c) The Mileage that i could get is around 18.9 one way...The first 50 and the last 50 kms are inside the city...I now truly believe that it can touch 19.5 to 20

d) Considering the Chennai heat (42.5) the A/c performance is not bad @ all. You still need to take it up to 3 notches @ times but overall i am very happy

e) When my tank was 1/4 (or may be slightly less) i filled the gas in Krishnagiri and he pushed it to 50 Litres .... I was pleasantly surprised..I was hoping for a 40-45 Ltrs...This tells me that the capacity must be 60 Ltrs (compared to 55 as provided in the manual).

Now the problem is after getting the full tank I must've driven about 200 KMS (Krishnagiri to Chennai and also about 20-30 kms inside chennai after that) but the fuel indicator still showing full tank...??

Did the gas attender screwed up the sensor ?? Or is there a anything else ?? Can you pls let me know..

vbaskar

Some other Vento owners have also reported the same (apparently more than 55L fuel going in). I think it is normal. Capacity might be 60L actually.

Regarding 200KM and still full tank on indicator - it is possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #51
Just had a good 380 KMS Bangalore - Chennai Drive (btw, still in chennai until mid week).

a) The Highway handling between 100-120 is amazing. The maneuver and the brakes feel extremely good. Infact i had to come to literally full stop from 100 when a bullock was on the curve...I could come down comfortably.

b) The highest i could touch is 140...Beyond 120 you can feel the engine sound inside but its still smooth

c) The Mileage that i could get is around 18.9 one way...The first 50 and the last 50 kms are inside the city...I now truly believe that it can touch 19.5 to 20

d) Considering the Chennai heat (42.5) the A/c performance is not bad @ all. You still need to take it up to 3 notches @ times but overall i am very happy

e) When my tank was 1/4 (or may be slightly less) i filled the gas in Krishnagiri and he pushed it to 50 Litres .... I was pleasantly surprised..I was hoping for a 40-45 Ltrs...This tells me that the capacity must be 60 Ltrs (compared to 55 as provided in the manual).

Now the problem is after getting the full tank I must've driven about 200 KMS (Krishnagiri to Chennai and also about 20-30 kms inside chennai after that) but the fuel indicator still showing full tank...??

Did the gas attender screwed up the sensor ?? Or is there a anything else ?? Can you pls let me know..

spoke with VW dealer yesterday and he said they never encountered anybody complaining about fuel indicator malfunction...so he asked me to drive another 100 kms and if still problem persist he will look into...

finally the fuel indicator made a sudden move today from full to 3/4 in a split second...no idea but looks like working now..i told the dealer and he said he has no idea but promised to speak with VW and get a technical answer for this :)

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
some fuel indicators work like this. i mean i traveled in a swift , drove 150 kms without turning off the engine. and saw the fuel didn't even move. when we stopped and drove again , the fuel indicator dropped so then the owner told me it works like that. go to the service center and ask your adviser. or any other person having vento.

vbaskar i have filled more than 55ltrs in my vento . the fuel indicator shows full tank for some time if you fill it choke full, not to worry.

In my Petrol AT Vento the fuel indicator finally moved one step after 160Kms (all in Bangalore city). Since yours is Diesel, you can expect it much after that [:)] Maybe it is non-linear. It was like that in my i10 as well. The needle will come to halfway rather slowly (in about 220Kms or so) but after that it will come down perttly fast (halfway to E in just about 120-140 kms).

Thread Starter #55
**Updates**

3m Treatment @ Sanjay nagar

Very positive first visit,

a) Good customer service
b) Very clean facility
c) Great team
d) Nice product display
e) No pushy sales attitute for products

It took about about 4 hrs to do paint sealant treatment (3 hrs) & vinyl wrap (45 mins) and spent around 5k

Pics speak more words

a) Car goes for a wash ..its gets a full wash including underbody & between alloys
b) Followed by a soap wash & additional round of wash
c) Engine bay has been taken care specifically...
d) it gets a nice massage using the Polishing pads

Now the Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrap ... Wasnt sure how it will turn up but most of them who saw liked it

Attachments

Top Bottom