Volkswagen Polo Road Test Drive Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Volkswagen Polo Trendline Diesel - First Service

Hello All

I own a one year old Volkswagen Polo Trendline Diesel. The car is due for its first service.

I contacted the Volkswagen authorized service centre in Navi Mumbai. They are quoting an amount of Rs 13000 [surprise]. The car is in excellent condition and I don't think the service warrants the high cost as quoted by Volkswagen.

I am wondering if I shall get the car serviced from outside where the charges would be around 4-6k. Please suggest what shall I do.

Regards,
Ashish

350Z

Core Team
Re: Volkswagen Polo Trendline Diesel - First Service

I contacted the Volkswagen authorized service centre in Navi Mumbai. They are quoting an amount of Rs 13000. The car is in excellent condition and I don't think the service warrants the high cost as quoted by Volkswagen.
Servicing the car from other than authorized workshop is equivalent to not getting the car serviced in company’s viewpoint. You risk a chance of voiding the warranty. I would recommend requesting quote from a few more Volkswagen workshops and share with us the break-up of the one which offers the lowest, so that we can advise what else can be excluded in order to further bring the costs down. Most service centers normally include unnecessary items to inflate the charges.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Please go to an authorized Volkswagen workshop only for servicing or else they may void your warranty in case some issue pops up in the future. As 350Z said, contact other workshops and get a quote from them. I too own a VW Polo TDI and my car's first service costed me Rs. 8800. You can ask them not to include wheel alignment and balancing as well as dry cleaning and vaccuming of the interiors as these two-three things can be done from outside in 1/4th the price what VW service workshop charges. The average bill for first service of Polo diesel is about Rs 8-10k.

Try getting a split of their estimate. They might have inflated it with every unwanted addons. Avoid all sorts of unwanted stuff like polishing Gleem Kleen treating, drycleaning etc. etc.

Being owned a Polo TDI for 2 years, I would suggest never void your warranty. VW parts cost are very high and wihtout proper warranty you may end up with big holes in your pocket if any parts fail. To give you a better picture below is the list of parts changed for my car - including warranty and recall
1. Two Fuel Injectors
2. Injector Actuator
3. Fuel pump in Diesel tank

Those changes as parts of recalls called free campaign
4. Engine mount
5. Front sear brackets(i think)
6. Numerous ECU Updates
7. Front suspension height adjustment spacers

First 3 will cost a bomb if not in warranty.

Thanks everyone. I got in touch with 4-5 different authorized service centres in Mumbai. But, none of them is willing to provide the break up of the costs. However, one of them has given the list of services that would be provided.

Labor Details
Interval Service
Air Cleaner Element Removed + Reinstalled
Dust and Pollen Filter Rem + Reins
GFF Done
Vehicle Front Rear Measured (If Required)
Wheel Removed + Reinstalled
Vehicle Full Wash
Brake Pad Front Remove & Reinstall
Rear Brake Shoes Remove & Reinstall
Fuel Filter Replace
Wheel Balancing (If Required)
Battery Check
AC Disinfectant
Radiator & Condensor Cleaning (If Required)
Planum Chamber Cleaning (If Required)

Parts Detail
Engine Oil 5W 40 Magnt
Oil Fitler
Fuel Filter
Air Fitler
Dust and Pollen Filter
Plug
Windshield Cleaner
Consumable

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards
Ashish

Here is the service bill and details of my Polo's first service. I had refused to get wheel alignment and balancing from them. Got it done from outside. There was no repair work to be done and it was just a regular check-up and service. Service tax could be a little different from state to state but the price of parts should be the same. Hope this helps.

polo 1st service.jpg

Here is the service bill and details of my Polo's first service. I had refused to get wheel alignment and balancing from them. Got it done from outside. There was no repair work to be done and it was just a regular check-up and service. Service tax could be a little different from state to state but the price of parts should be the same. Hope this helps.

View attachment 122314
Thanks a lot buddy [:)]

This is really helpful. I will post once I get the car serviced this coming Saturday.

Regards,
Ashish

Re: Booked: Volkswagen Polo HL (P) White 2013.

Friends,
Since run-in is going on I am driving it very sedately (not over of course) and I am getting following FE figures.

3rd Feb evening time.
3rd Evening.jpg

4th Feb evening time.
4th Evening.jpg

5th Feb morning time.
5th Morning.jpg

6th Feb morning time.
6th Morning.jpg

When I touched 300 KMs mark.
300 mark evening.jpg

I am driving her at 60 kmph speed and occasionally touching 70 kmph as and when traffic from behind pushes me to move forward or get way by flashing or using our all time favorate HORN OK PLEASE service [lol]. My prime focus is not to cross 2000 RPM for longer duration.

Please suggest if I am on the right track or add / delete something.

Thanks

NOTE: THESE ARE NOT INSTANT AVG FIGURES.

Last edited:

No suggestions? Strange... Pls suggest should I stick to the way I am driving or alter it to cater run in requirements.

No suggestions? Strange... Pls suggest should I stick to the way I am driving or alter it to cater run in requirements.
You mean you would go even slower to cater to run in requirement?
No need. Please do not limit RPMS at very low range only, cover the whole range such that the engine opens up wholly but of course in the process do not go above high speeds say like 80 kmph.
Many say that run in is required, many say that modern cars are already run in so no need to think about it. Your take depends on how convinced you get after reading the reviews on run in.
If you take my case, I didn't give much attention on running in. Everything is just fine with my car still.

You mean you would go even slower to cater to run in requirement?
No need. Please do not limit RPMS at very low range only, cover the whole range such that the engine opens up wholly but of course in the process do not go above high speeds say like 80 kmph.
Many say that run in is required, many say that modern cars are already run in so no need to think about it. Your take depends on how convinced you get after reading the reviews on run in.
If you take my case, I didn't give much attention on running in. Everything is just fine with my car still.
Thanks Rightnow,

Whether run in is required or not but there is no harm in going slow on the engine as it not going to cost much for being slow or gentle on the car. You are right that VW cars or modern cars are already run in ready at the time of delivery (as per SA). It is good that your car did not give any problem [clap]

Moreover, i did not ask whether i should go even slower or not. My question was whether the speed I am maintaining is ok or should I increase it further. I wanted to draw attention on the FE I am getting. Is it normal at this speed or I am driving a diesel engined car running on petrol

Last edited:

Thanks Rightnow,
Moreover, i did not ask whether i should go even slower or not. My question was whether the speed I am maintaining is ok or should I increase it further. I wanted to draw attention on the FE I am getting.
No please don't go slower, 70-80 kmph is just fine.
FE of 18 kmpl at the speeds you are driving is easily attainable. Once I touched 20kmpl.

..or I am driving a diesel engined car running on petrol
That doesn't mean anything man.

You can't run a diesel engine on petrol or vice-versa.

Polo facelift caught in India for the very first time by IAB.
"The facelifted Polo gets a set of redesigned headlights with new mirror elements, a tweaked grille (which gets rid of the twin slat chrome grille layout) and a new bumper sporting smaller enclosures for the foglights. The headlights of the Polo seen here may differ from the press images VW released last month. The reason is pretty simple: The press images are that of a Polo with the optional LED headlights, while the car seen here gets the conventional halogen bulbs."
"At the rear, the Polo facelift for international markets sports redesigned taillights, while the car spotted in India continues with the current arrangement. We do notice the new rear bumper though which sees a redesign to the registration plate area apart from the addition of reflectors."

Source-Spied - VW Polo facelift caught in India for the first time

Attachments

Re: Volkswagen Polo GT TSi Test Drive Review

A heart-wrenching letter to ‪#‎Volkswagen‬ draws condolences from the world over!
A heart-wrenching letter to Volkswagen India
By: swapnil803 | Feb 26, 2014 06:07 PM
Hi Volkswagen India,

This is a serious note that I have been thinking of writing since a while now. Let me start of by saying that I really appreciate your products and the way they feel all blood German. Which is why we trusted your brand to buy our first New car, POLO.

And it was exactly what we ordered, a sheer combination of everything a young buyer would expect from his car, quality, drive, mileage and most importantly the Feel. But one fine day it was ruined by what is called in car language as ‘Low Ground Clearance’. Apparently it had hit a bump created by craters on our extremely expensive toll stung roads. Having realized the hit, we immediately pulled the car to the side of the road for inspection. Turns out the oil sump had suffered and was leaking oil.

Good fellows that your service agents are, they immediately sent rescue and hit us with an expensive repairs bill. We seeked their advice on how to prevent such unfortunate event again, to which they said, that such accidents are quite high in frequency and the company has made a note of it and soon they would be increasing the height of the car tackle the issue.

Rest assured we walked out of the service centre some 2 years back, no call was received from the company or service centre, but being careful ever since we tried keeping the car on the most smooth roads.

Until now, that is, last week the car coughed to a halt without knowing any reason for the same. It was quite strange as it happened for the very first time. On inspection, we found a trace of oil spill along the road, giving us Goosebumps fearing the worst. Help did arrive and the inspection did reveal an engine seizure. The most terrible thing had happened and the cost to repair the same is around 2 lacs. The insurance firm says it’s due to negligence and it can’t be covered under any policy terms.

And this is where my dis-comfort is, how come a supremely engineered car give us no indications before it fails down. Worst still, is that the car didn’t even seem to have hit anything. The oil had drained out and the car refused to start. While cranking it on again, no warning signs came on.

On our second visit after the car being towed away, we discovered the problem along with the service advisor who was showing us the damage and the crack to the oil sump(second time), it was a small pebble that had got stuck between the protective casing and the oil sump. This small pebble seems to have hammered the oil sump open.

This all has made me question, whether really the cars are engineered to be as good as they seem to be? Or are they just another brand trying to sell products on its brand value. And one wouldn’t expect an ace company to overlook apparent and historically observed problem and still be unwilling to change anything about it.

The whole experience has drained the brand value for us and has left us in helpless situation where we don’t even know if repairing the car is a good option. After all what is the guarantee that the same thing won’t happen again?

This letter was written with an expectation of getting some guidance from you guys? Kindly help me make a wise decision.

Also am noting this letter to popular Car Magazines, being an ardent follower or Auto industry I somehow believe that they might help me in getting a direction.

Thanks, you ex-loyal and ex-brand influencer,

Swapnil Bodhe

source

From when did the polo comfortline get ABS? Did they added it when they made airbags mandatory in all their varients? To be sure i even checked the latest brochure and ABS is mentioned in comfortline. Can someone confirm this.

My friend booked Polo TDI comfortline few days back. There are good offers going on like 55K cash discount. Apart from that he also gets few accessories like alloy wheels, blutooth, mats, mud flaps, seat covers, 3M PPF protection on sides (i assume on running boards), door sills. Total OTR is around 7.6L. He is now waiting for delivery. He is not bothered about the facelift since he is getting a car with ABS, airbags and alloys along with a half a lakh of discount.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom