Vellore - Trichy - Madurai - Trichy - Vellore

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends,

I got 5 days(11-08-11 to 15-08-11) continuous leave from office, so I decided to go munnar with my mom & Dad in our Indica. But, due to Heavy showers at munnar we postponed the munnar trip.

But, I don’t want to spend the holidays by sitting & watching TV at home. so I planned to Trichy & Madurai.

Total Km Covered - 910.
Mileage of Indica(Blacky) – 17km/ltr(with fulltime A/C ON)
Route travelled –
Uproute-> Vellore – Thiruvanamalai – Illavanasarkottai – Trichy - Pudhukottai – Kundrathur – Pillarpatti – Maduari - Thiruparankundram
Down route -> Thiruparankundram- Maduari – Trichy – Illavanasarkottai – Thiruvanamalai – Vellore

We planned to start from home on 12th early morning by 4am. But, we started 5:30am(as usual) from the planned time.
I drove my Black Indica. We had breakfast at 9:00am near Illavanasarkootai, in the NH I maintained 100-120km/hr,then we reached Samayapuram Temple at 10:00am,Due to Aadi month(Tamil month) last Friday, the temple has full of crowd, so we brought token for Rs.50 and saw the goddess peacefully. Then we started to Srirangam & reached there at 12:30pm. After we entered the temple, only we came to know that the temple has been going to close at 1:00pm, so we rushed to see the god, so we brought Rs.30 for dharsan & we came out from temple around 1:15pm.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Vellore-Trichy-Madurai-Trichy-Vellore

Then we had Lunch at Srirangam itself & Started to Pudupattai, Due to Heavy showers I was not able to see the road clearly. But, My car performed well , brakes are also sharp. I can able to maintain 50 – 60 km/hr on that road. After reached pudupattai we missed the shortcut to Pillaiyarpatti & entered into some village, there I saw huge old houses in karaikudi style. Really fantastic houses.

None of the people available on road in that village to enquire the route, b’coz of heavy shower. later sometime, I found some people standing at tea shop. There I clarified the route and reached Kundrathur at 7:00pm. Then we gone to Pillaiarpatti, due to rain & off-season only 4-5 members available at the temple. Pillaiyar was in Gold Shield. Really surprised to see the god freely. We spent more than an hour inside the temple.

Around 9:00pm we started to Madurai & reached there at 10:15pm & had dinner near Muthaiya Mahal. Then we reached Thiruparankundram and took room near temple for Rs.300. and took full rest & gave rest to car also.

Thread Starter #4

Next day (13-08-11):

We woke up around 9am & got ready to visit thiruparankundram murgar temple. Around 10:30am we finished our Dharsan & had breakfast at Thiruparankundarm itself. Then started to Madurai Meenakshi temple. There I faced a big headache to find parking. Due to continuous holidays most of the people decided to visit the temple on that day.

After hard 45min of struggle I found the parking near to temple. We entered inside the temple around 12:00am. Some people said the closing time of temple is 12:30pm. Again we rushed to see the goddess, but we can able to see only the god “Sokkanathar” came out from the temple around 1:00pm.

Thread Starter #5

Thiruparankundram & Meenakshi temple pics

Attachments

Thread Starter #6

After we came out from the temple i found my number plate has broken. i don't know how it has broken. later i fixed it with FEVIQUICK

Attachments

Thread Starter #7

Ours next plan was NAYAKAR MAHAL, so we started from Temple after finishing some purchase near temple.

Onthe way to Mahal I decided to drink “JIKIRTHANDA”, [:D]

Here I want to say about “JIKIRTHANDA”. It is one kind of drink mixed with Ice-cream & some Essence. The famous shop for JIKIRTHANDA is “FAMOUS” don’t confuse the name of the shop is “FAMOUS”. It was located adjacent street to Mahal.[lol]

Coming to the story, then we reached Mahal at 2:30, to avoid parking place tension I parked my car in Mahal & left for Lunch. We had lunch at Saravana Bhavan, which has located parallel street to Mahal.

After lunch we gone to Mahal & brought the enterence ticket for Rs.10 & entered into Mahal.
We wondered about the building after entered inside the mahal.

Compare to me , my PICS will Explain you more about the Mahal.

Thread Starter #8

"Nayakar Mahal"

Guys you can find this Mahal in many movies. Lot of songs are shooted in Nayakar Mahal. Worth to see.

Attachments

Thread Starter #10

We came out from mahal around 4:pm and started to Alagar malai which has located 21 km from Madurai.

After we reached there, we found lot of road side stalls & huge crowd. We don’t know what festival has going on. Later we came to know there was some traditional fuction. But,no crowd inside the temple, we had a peaceful Dharsan and started to Trichy around 6:00pm throughout the stretch I maintained 100-110km/hr ,then reached Trichy around 8:00pm . There Me & My dad had a Fantastic bath at KAVERI.
Due to night time the water was little-bit warm & the cool breeze made a fantastic combination.

Friends after so many years gap I got chance to had a bath at KAVERI. Really refreshing bath.

checkout the pics of Alagar Kovil

Attachments

Thread Starter #11

Around 9:15pm we started from Trichy and reached my Home at Vellore by 1:05pm, non-stop,due to night travel I constantly maintained 90km/hr .
During the whole trip my car not gave any trouble to me & she take care of us safely in all conditions.

On next day (14-08-11)

I went to Chennai Thiruvanmaiur with my Dad, Mom, Sister & her Husband in my car to attend one of my relative function and returned to Vellore around 12:00am(midnight). Km covered in one day is 380km.
On 15th I gave full freedom to my car to take rest.

350Z

Core Team
Exhaustive Travelogue. Thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures and information with us. I think someone might have scrapped your registration plate from sideward which caused it to break.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #15
Exhaustive Travelogue. Thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures and information with us. I think someone might have scrapped your registration plate from sideward which caused it to break.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thank you 350z,

Madurai corporation want make a proper & safe parking facility[anger] near Meenakshi Temple for outsiders.

Top Bottom