Useful Precautions Before and After Service Visit?

Thread Starter #1
My first service is coming close, next week sometime. What Precautions should I take before/after a Service visit[confused] Suggestions please.

Well there arent any precautions to be needed, but note down your problems, niggles you feel to be said at the time for service, as we tend to forget quite few things at that time, remove all other keys if attached along with your cars,If anything else then regular service you are opting make sure you be there and check them doin so, like underbody coating.

see if you have time, and if they are good enough to hand over in few hours, stay back and try to meet your SA and make some healthy relationship with him, its always helpful at tata motors if youknow SA.Try to discuss things about your car with him, issues, things you liked, disliked which makes your ownership much more easy and fun.We usually hand over keys and go away, and keep complaining about their shabby work, atleast know him eye to eye, sometimes take out time as well, which makes them to believe your belief in their work as well which is a part of ownership as well.
IMO.

Yes, Its absolutely required to maintain a healtly relation ship with your service advisors!

And do check for straches & Dents before & after the service.

This is where i got a clash with Hyundai Service centre!!

350Z

Core Team
Thanks Vijay.

Should i be present there or i can handover and go?
RSM,
Your first service should be free I guess, However those people charge some amount by anyway, They will try some tricks to take money out from your pocket by saying to get this and that checked up and all. So do only which is required and what your mind says. For Eg; Underbody rust prevention coating is necessary. Also, You will need to take your manual with you.

About the question which you've asked above.
I suggest you to stay there with your car, Especially when its first service. My car is around 7 Years old but I still avoid to leave it alone in Service Stations/Workshops.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Thread Starter #8
RSM,
Your first service should be free I guess, However those people charge some amount by anyway, They will try some tricks to take money out from your pocket by saying to get this and that checked up and all. So do only which is required and what your mind says. For Eg; Underbody rust prevention coating is necessary. Also, You will need to take your manual with you.
Yes its free. Underbody coating they have done for free while delivery[:)]
But you are right, these things i hear from my other friends.
About the question which you've asked above.
I suggest you to stay there with your car, Especially when its first service. My car is around 7 Years old but I still avoid to leave it alone in Service Stations/Workshops.

Drive Safe!
350Z
Yes, i am planning to stay and build some repo with SA. But if it is going to take more 5-6 hrs., it will be difficult to stay.

RSM, one more thing, do make sure they dont charge you anything more then the routine changes done in first service, and also nothing else then what you have mentioned, and if so dont accept that billing.They tend to add some unnecessary thing without informing to you before doin so by saying it was necessary.so do look out for these thngs as well.
----------Next Post------------
Yes its free. Underbody coating they have done for free while delivery[:)]
But you are right, these things i hear from my other friends.

Yes, i am planning to stay and build some repo with SA. But if it is going to take more 5-6 hrs., it will be difficult to stay.
if thats the case of more then 5-6 hours, stay for few mins say half n hour at the morning and same way in evening before delivery and try to talk with SA as much you can without letting him feel interfeeaing.

Last edited:
Actually the bill amount should be exactly ZERO !!

Dont accept anything more than that on First service!

Even they dont charge more than ZERO in First Service [thumbsup]

Dont leave anything in your car if you decide to leave your car and go . remove your audio HU and even any accessories like car perfume , mobile charger etc . Don leave anything in your car except the keys!!![:D]

And as Zinam said check your car for scratches before and after the delivery even inside the car in dashboard and door panels!! And also make sure no grease and oil stains are present in your seat covers and anywhere inside the car!! these are some of the problems my friends and my dad faced.

350Z

Core Team
That is correct. Take out your all other personal items and Music System's Head Unit etc before giving out the car for Servicing, Even if you will be with the car at time of servicing.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Arun

Suspended
Make a checklist of the problems faced. Have a copy of the same with you.
Remove your HeadUnit and also other valuables.
If time is an issue, simply trust the service guys.
After you receive your car, check the fuel indicator, oil stains and any signs of damage to the interior or exterior of the car.

By the way, Aditya[Renegade] always sits as the car is in the service area. He is actually allowed access there now.[lol!]

Top Bottom