Upcoming Station Wagons (Estates)

Thread Starter #1

AMG

Suspended
What are the upcoming station wagons/estates in the Indian market?

There is some speculation of the following coming, but have I missed any?

Linea Weekend

Skoda Roomster

Tata Indigo Manza Marina(though no speculation of this one, but with the success of the previous generation Marina, it would be a stupidity if Tata didnt make this.)

Merc R class

Thread Starter #2

AMG

Suspended
@ guys

We may well be getting ourselves a station wagon soon.

Urgently need this info.

Station wagons are best to live with , space like a big car , milage of small , etc .

But no one here is interested to get one. also in every estate the sales are bad hit.

manza base cost same as marina ls. which one will you buy now.

If at all a manza estate comes what will be its price. ? how many ready to buy that?

Linea estate? any pictures than the ps job?

350Z

Core Team
Station wagons have never proved to be a big hit in our country, mainly because most of the buyers consider sedans as a much-better and luxury alternative which also provides considerable storage space, thanks to the additional boot and is quite sufficient enough for Indian needs, whereas estates are not perfectly suitable for their “image” factor too. However, in other nations, scene is somewhat different and so their needs, resulting that station wagons are one of the most preferred car body type.

Now precisely, this is why most manufacturers think twice before launching an estate in India, but if you like the estates and have requirement of one, nothing goes better. Currently, I do not think much of the options are open, except for Tata Indigo Marina in new car market, otherwise you could even go for a second hand Skoda Octavia Combi, which personally I find to be best in look-wise and comfort. Chances are that one may get a Combi for as low as Rs.5 - 6 Lakhs (2006 -2007 Models). About Linea Estate, the information is only a speculation, and no concrete details available on the release yet.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #6

AMG

Suspended
ilango[speed thirst];49921 said:
manza base cost same as marina ls. which one will you buy now.

If at all a manza estate comes what will be its price. ? how many ready to buy that?
Undoubtedly the Marina.[:D]

I have two dogs to carry, and I cant put them in the boot of a Manza.

They will die of suffocation.

Hoping for a Manza Marina soon.

Hmmm if your primary concern is transporting dogs get an MUV/SUV. Mind you two fully grown dogs are difficult to transport in a Marina.

Thread Starter #8

AMG

Suspended
Hmmm if your primary concern is transporting dogs get an MUV/SUV.
Well, transporting isnt the right word, IMO.

Whenever we will go for a vacation, we will have to take the dogs with us.

So we need decent boot space.

I agree with coolDhaya. Rather than "transporting" the doggies, it is better to let them travel with you. Looking at your apparent budget, the Xylo and Innova seem OK.
So my best friends gonna have a car costlier than mine eh? So that's what you call the "Joys of Poverty" ? :biggrin:

Well my bad , consider "taking".

Well in that case i don think a Marina's boot can suffice two fully grown adult dogs.

My advice take an SUV like Scorpio or Safari with no third row seats.

350Z

Core Team
Let’s better keep this thread only for station wagon discussions. AMG, Kindly create a specific thread in relevant section, if you wish to discuss about car buying dilemma.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #13

AMG

Suspended
Let’s better keep this thread only for station wagon discussions. AMG, Kindly create a specific thread in relevant section, if you wish to discuss about car buying dilemma.
Point noted.

In any car two well grown dog will be difficult to be taken.

Station wagon is mainly to take our world with us.

You must own one to feel it. I had one!! that was the best next to the omni.

Top Bottom