Trying to trade in my new i10 asta auto for a used car - A wise decision??

Re: Trying to trade in my new i10 asta auto for a used car -- A wise decision??

If you want something big go for the octavia 1.9 and its the best highway car , its trouble free and maintenance cost are not as high as we hear(if you know someone who can service your car other than Skoda dealer).
If you can live with something small , go for a diesel hatch with 1.3 MJD engine .

And a used Cedia will be a great option too as 350Z said, its a true drivers car and reliable too , but FE figures is not the best.
Jeno [cheers]

Thread Starter #77

Thanks guys. At least I am retaining my i10 for my dad. So that's one decision made.

It's also clear that my usage will be @1500 kms per month. The logical inclination would be a good car like Octavia 1.9 tdi, optra magnum tdci Lt. Also would it be wise to add vista qjd (either used or new). I have no experience with TATA cars.

If it's petrol then as I said, Honda city 1.5, cedia sports will be my choice.

If I get a good used car from cars mentioned above then my budget will be limited to @3 lac.

Jazz is not for me. That's pretty sure, so it's out of my list. The only reason, I have seen Jazz in UK and I just can't digest our Indian jazz (though it's a good car). It looks like it has been robbed of many good features.

Last edited:

Thanks guys. At least I am retaining my i10 for my dad. So that's one decision made.

It's also clear that my usage will be @1500 kms per month. The logical inclination would be a good car like Octavia 1.9 tdi, optra magnum tdci Lt. Also would it be wise to add vista qjd (either used or new). I have no experience with TATA cars.

If it's petrol then as I said, Honda city 1.5, cedia sports will be my choice.

If I get a good used car from cars mentioned above then my budget will be limited to @3 lac.

Jazz is not for me. That's pretty sure, so it's out of my list. The only reason, I have seen Jazz in UK and I just can't digest our Indian jazz (though it's a good car). It looks like it has been robbed of many good features.
Going for tata wont be a big problem , but you have to see some cheap plastics, and fit and finish will be below today's standards, and gaps are very inconsistent too . Other than that , steering wont be as good as your i10 (im not talking about that rattling sound) .

Jeno[cheers]

Thread Starter #79
Does it really make sense??

A weird (some of you may find it) came to my mind just now.

Does it really make sense to buy a diesel car preferably a hatch like vista qjd or indica ev2 or beat diesel, new swift diesel in comparison to i10, alto k10 or likes?

I mean the cost of ownership in the long run say 3-5 yrs will be less on diesel.

What are your views given the situation that I need a car that is easy on pocket and easy to drive both on highway and city. Also given the conditions that it will run @ 1000 kms per month. Petrol may also rise to say 80 INR/lt in due course of time. But diesel won't see a steep climb in near future.

Last edited:

AMG

Suspended
Re: Does it really make sense??

Well, I must say you are pretty determined to get rid of the i10 and no amount of persuasion is likely to help.

Well, then out of the current contenders, only the new Swift diesel makes sense, and that too only if you drive a helluva lot of kilometers in a month.

Thread Starter #81

Well, I must say you are pretty determined to get rid of the i10 and no amount of persuasion is likely to help.

Well, then out of the current contenders, only the new Swift diesel makes sense, and that too only if you drive a helluva lot of kilometers in a month.
I will be retaining my i10 for my dad. I am just throwing this thought at you guys, so that I and others who are out in market will buy a car that will not only suit us, but will bring smiles on our faces.

Diesel hatchback with great FE , low cost of ownership and complete peace of mind then nothing can beat the Swift!

Swift DDiS is the right choice.
Also if by chance you get a good deal for your i10, just sell it, because I bet you if you drive a diesel you will hardly touch a petrol car.[evil]

Thread Starter #84

That's the reason old swift diesel is available at a premium and no discounts whatsoever.

Regarding my i10, my dad is going to use it. Also my wife would like to drive, hence for now we are keeping it.

Punto,Punto n Punto
If its 90hp then its ice on cake.
Here in pune TATA FIAT after sales service has proven their best results, At least Puneite FIAT users are saying so.
I guess Swift VDI is around 6.7 OTR pune.(old gen Swift)
And Punto E pack is 7 OTR
Here you will receive Music system+ ABS+EBD+Climate controllAC+Alloys etc etc
On a lighter note Fiat EPack should have seat covers so that owner need not to visit Car Accessory Shop.[;)]

Top Bottom