Thinking of Moving from My Tata Aria - Please Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,I recently got the idea of selling my aria and moving to fortuner.I have not concluded as I am not really ready to face any more complications.Regarding aria I had experienced its positives and negatives but about fortuner I need more advice from you guys regarding its niggles,warranty or service issues.Your advice will do wonders as it will be help me what to decide.

Thread Starter #3
i am happy with a.s.s i get from my service centre but issues keep coming up and that scares me.I went through fortuner ownership reports and i do not find any complaints or faults coming up.I would like to know about toyota service and are they too complicated with warranty or other issues

Selling your Aria is really not a good idea as you will loose big money by selling it and moreover the Fortuner's price have climbed up in the past couple of year's making it a less VFM product.

No product's are niggle free, you might get a better ASS from Toyota but are you willing to spend a handsome 6digit money just for it?

Where is XOVER??? Ok, on behalf of him I give you bashing for even thinking of selling your ARIA - dhishum, bash, dhishum....

Now, how much have you driven your ARIA? I f you have done some good thousands of kms then you wont find Fortuner good as the driving dynamics of both are hell different. Aria truely behaves as a popped-up sedan whereas Fortuner has more body roll and even higher stance. Add to that the money you'd be spending on Fortuner. End of the day, your decision. Take a longish TD of fortuner and then drive your Aria. I am sure you won't sell it. [;)]

freakdude.

Selling your Aria is really not a good idea as you will loose big money by selling it and moreover the Fortuner's price have climbed up in the past couple of year's making it a less VFM product.

No product's are niggle free, you might get a better ASS from Toyota but are you willing to spend a handsome 6digit money just for it?
+100 Visran !!

Karthick, I clearly understand the reason for you to start this thread than any body here [:)], but really think of it again on the difference between the resale value and the original. And also try and speak to more Aria owners outside directly and have their opinions on the same !!

If it is decided to change and go for something else, I will not vote for Fortuner for the reasons already explained by Visran. Please think on what exactly you are looking for and why you choose Fortuner. Please put forward your needs, if you really decided to sell Aria, then it becomes easy for us to guide you on your new buy

Thread Starter #7
@freakdude how sweet,along with xovy! am also a crazy fan of aria but the quality issues gave me so much stress that end of it I almost all love and craziness with my car.I will just narrate in short.
1. Within a month of purchase i noticed vehicle pulling left and this complaint was diagnosed and with various techniques by the service center the problem remained over 3 months within which every time the vehicle was delivered back i felt the problem still remained and gave it back again.So in this exchange game most of the time i had was to take delivery use it for a week and give back again as problem was not resolved.Finally they changed so many parts including stud,bearing and atlast changing the lower arm solved the issue and the customer service manager informed that aria's had this manufacturing defect and they are changing the lower arm after finding the fault.
2. Fine and then in a weeks time my car started to vobble whenever I brake.The front discs were changed.Within two weeks the car still vobble and this time all discs changed.
3.My outside outside view mirror produce noise when open and close,both sides changed
4.The service centre made a minor damage to my right side door and near the boot with some small dent and scratches-rectified
5.Soon i found the outside mirrors changed had colour mismatch with that of body and i gave it for repaint but was not satisfactory.Again I gave for repaint where i still was not completely satisfied but the advisor told it is hard to match factory finish and I just considered it as they did not do any mistake apart from helping me to change a noise producing mirrors but the factory sent a mirror which did not match the body colour.
6.The cabin light near the driver seat hanging as a spring inside broke,waited for a week for part to come and changed.Same day the whole unit of the cabin light hang as while fixing some spring had become loose and waited another week and fixed and fine
7.The clear coat near the right door started to peel.It was rectified with paint job and took a weeks time
8.My steering unit produced some rattling noise.This complaint was given many times but it was rectified and the sound returned the same day after i take delivery.Finally the steering column was changed and its fine now.
9.Now my last complaint is I notice the clear coat peeling slightly near some edges at the front and back.In some time it is going to spread and peel off more may be.
So with all these issues I had to visit the center many times take the car after a week,drive for a week and another issue come up or same problem repeats and give back the car for service again.My car is brand new as it is in a service cycle till now.I got happy that all problems were solved and came back home but when i noticed the paint is coming up with bubbles and peels recently i really got tired and lost strength.Well more than the comfort money or whatever it is so much stress and fear of what problems would come up with more kms it is going to run.

Well now I really need the best advice,as here I decide and there is no coming back.Yes I am going to take TD of fortuner and I am 100% sure it would not fancy me as much I feel like a king inside Aria but the consciousness still hinders

Last edited by a moderator:
If you just want to get rid of Tata badge from your ride then go ahead for Tfort. Otherwise I dont see any reason why Aria is not better than any other UV. On the flip side people take pleasure in bashing Tata vehicles added to that many forums encourage the bashing, while they keep mum on issues faced in Toyota,honda or Suzuki which has an overall impact on resale and snob value of the product which people are already aware of.

every machine is prone to problems due to wear but the aftersale support and marketing team efforts makes it feel Tata is still behind Toyota for sure but that does not mean the car or technology is anyway inferior.
I suggest you should keep your Aria and enjoy awesome ride and kingly space inside.
Ps:i hope that you had your exhaustive test drive of Tfort before coming to conclusion of selling Aria,if so please mention the points where you feel Tfort is the one.

Thread Starter #9
@jayadev. My option was like if not aria it is fortuner and TD i feel aria more comfortable and happy with glass area.If my car had some wear or say if it was a 3year feedback then I would take it light but my car is like less than a year old and just 1700km on odo which is what frighten me.My concern is with the quality,reliability and long lasting behavior of the vehicle and at this point of time I do not completely deny but just fear of aria.

Last edited:
@freakdude how sweet,along with xovy! am also a crazy fan of aria but the quality issues gave me so much stress that end of it I almost all love and craziness with my car.I will just narrate in short.
1. Within a month of purchase i noticed vehicle pulling left and this complaint was diagnosed and with various techniques by the service center the problem remained over 3 months within which every time the vehicle was delivered back i felt the problem still remained and gave it back again.So in this exchange game most of the time i had was to take delivery use it for a week and give back again as problem was not resolved.Finally they changed so many parts including stud,bearing and atlast changing the lower arm solved the issue and the customer service manager informed that aria's had this manufacturing defect and they are changing the lower arm after finding the fault.
2. Fine and then in a weeks time my car started to vobble whenever I brake.The front discs were changed.Within two weeks the car still vobble and this time all discs changed.
3.My outside outside view mirror produce noise when open and close,both sides changed
4.The service centre made a minor damage to my right side door and near the boot with some small dent and scratches-rectified
5.Soon i found the outside mirrors changed had colour mismatch with that of body and i gave it for repaint but was not satisfactory.Again I gave for repaint where i still was not completely satisfied but the advisor told it is hard to match factory finish and I just considered it as they did not do any mistake apart from helping me to change a noise producing mirrors but the factory sent a mirror which did not match the body colour.
6.The cabin light near the driver seat hanging as a spring inside broke,waited for a week for part to come and changed.Same day the whole unit of the cabin light hang as while fixing some spring had become loose and waited another week and fixed and fine
7.The clear coat near the right door started to peel.It was rectified with paint job and took a weeks time
8.My steering unit produced some rattling noise.This complaint was given many times but it was rectified and the sound returned the same day after i take delivery.Finally the steering column was changed and its fine now.
9.Now my last complaint is I notice the clear coat peeling slightly near some edges at the front and back.In some time it is going to spread and peel off more may be.
So with all these issues I had to visit the center many times take the car after a week,drive for a week and another issue come up or same problem repeats and give back the car for service again.My car is brand new as it is in a service cycle till now.I got happy that all problems were solved and came back home but when i noticed the paint is coming up with bubbles and peels recently i really got tired and lost strength.Well more than the comfort money or whatever it is so much stress and fear of what problems would come up with more kms it is going to run.

Well now I really need the best advice,as here I decide and there is no coming back.Yes I am going to take TD of fortuner and I am 100% sure it would not fancy me as much I feel like a king inside Aria but the consciousness still hinders
Oh God !! this is really very sad experience [cry], instead of all this, it was way better that TATA replace the entire vehicle it self !!.

I was been talking about these things always about TATA and every body thought that I am against to TATA and am a TATA vehicle basher, No dear friends, please think of the frustration when good amount of money spent and it made you to run to service guys for these many things and some are manufacturing defects, paint peeling off very serious concern I have never seen with any new age car of today.

Yes, I was in the place of Karthick I would have never tolerated this and done some thing really big [anger] like visiting to Mr.Ratan Tata and made him to sit in the same Aria in co-driver seat and explained all this story !!

Where are our fellow TATA TAI friends gone, please answer to these [:)]

But Karthick, Toyota Fortuner is not a answer for your need I feel, please re-think on this.

I quite understand your position buddy. It really kills to face such issues in your ride. I would suggest you to take your Aria to a reputed mech. and have the issues just diagnosed (even if not fixed). This way you get a second opinion also and they would not do any cover-up as A$$ guys usually do.

On the other hand, if you are thinking of resale for sure, then, I'd suggest you to have a look at Pajero Sport too.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #12
@freakdude Pajero budget too much for me.Well it is problem free now and does not have any issues at this point except little bit of paint peel complaint.The service center guys do not cover up as far as I know and is doing justice.
@gurrala exactly that is what I told the customer service manager to do but he told me no further complaints would arise and that the support will be there at all times and there are few cases where the company had really went in for a replacement.But replacement is not my priority as I almost rectified most of the problems and its free now and do not know what i should expect from a new aria,I will faint.

The service center guys do not cover up as far as I know and is doing justice.
As for to tell,when the outside mirrors produced noise it was the advisor who told let us change in warranty and also the same for disc brakes.What I am trying to tell is that they do not try to patch up with the same parts but try to rectify it under warranty to cover the customer as far as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
1700 kms and trying to sell? please do not sell it so fast.
since it has been over a year i would suggest you :

1) take your aria to a long drive (around 1000+ kms) to decide upon its fate.
if your car has some life in it you would start to love it again inspite of the niggles previously faced.

if your journey turns out to be problematic then you would have your mind in the right place to sell you aria.

keeping looks aside you wont find anything worth upgrade in the t-fort.

might be cumbersome to park,FE would be low, and if you are not into off roading then forget about it.

i would suggest you to try a chevy captiva in place of the t-fort.

3 years of hassle free experience as i have read somewhere with their cashless maintenance.

1700 kms and trying to sell? please do not sell it so fast.
since it has been over a year i would suggest you :

1) take your aria to a long drive (around 1000+ kms) to decide upon its fate.
if your car has some life in it you would start to love it again inspite of the niggles previously faced.

if your journey turns out to be problematic then you would have your mind in the right place to sell you aria.

keeping looks aside you wont find anything worth upgrade in the t-fort.

might be cumbersome to park,FE would be low, and if you are not into off roading then forget about it.

i would suggest you to try a chevy captiva in place of the t-fort.

3 years of hassle free experience as i have read somewhere with their cashless maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom