Theft Attempt in Mahindra Scorpio VLX!

Thread Starter #46
the dealer has nothing to say.

i tried sending a feedback to mahindra but their feedback form accepts only 200 characters!!!

they have already upgraded the security feature to i-CATs in scorpio refresh.

Oh My God! Its very shocking that thieves from our country is very knowledgeable and i think they should join NASA instead of stealing cars [;)]. My uncle has the same model Scorpio with company fitted Central Locking System, kindly suggest me should i upgrade his car with New Central Locking system or any other thing for safety

Usual way of thiefs tampering with central locking is short the side indicator bulb socket by a small 25paise or 50p coin this blows out fuse so central locking wont work only immobiliser.

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
My uncle has the same model Scorpio with company fitted Central Locking System, kindly suggest me should i upgrade his car with New Central Locking system or any other thing for safety
Central locking is central locking. Switching to another brand will not help much. Idea is to deter the thieves by equipping useful anti-theft devices. This link has all information.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Sorry to hear your experience. I'm scared,my Beat does not have an immoblizer.
OT:Once I was out to change the battery of my remote key.The jerk of a shopkeeper did not have that kind of batteries,and did some "jugaad".Didn't work,he said bring the car here,it might be out of range.How? Using the skel key.I told my father not to,but he did.HE COULD START THE CAR,DESPITE IT SINGING IT'S ALARM! It kept sounding for 5 mins after that,till the jerk did some more jugaad and done.

Top Bottom