The One and The Only – Dilip Bam

wow., we are very lucky to mingle with dilipbam through TAI. For young boys like me always crazy about bikes and lots of doubts to ask., Incredible reviews and mileage checks., expecting more and more :) thanks Sam Dinkar

@ Dilip sir ,

Great great pleasure to have you on the forum . All bike lovers will surely benefit from your immense knowledge . Thanx .

Mods - can we make a sticky thread were interested members can ask questions to Dilip sir ?

Like " Ask Mr Dilip Bham "

Last edited:
Re: The One and The Only – Dilip Bam

Gentlemen,
I feel it is an honor to be invited to your forum. Thank you!
I am just a motorcycle mechanic who knows English.
Fire away, and I will answer to the best of my ability.
Awaiting
Dilip Bam
It's great to have you here Mr Dilip,welcome to TheAutomotiveIndia, we are very much excited reading your blogs and reviews on bikes, we look forward more such posts and obviously the reviews on these bikes.

To start with, I have a question, why are Indian bikes so ugly?

Really Dillip Sir, we are blessed, I am fan of you since I read your review about 7 years before. Your predictability about the bike so spot on, I love the fact that. I would love to meet you someday.

Your review writing style, man !! nobody can imitate .
I Salute you sir...[:D]

Dilip Sir great to see you drop a post on our forum, we are honored!
Between the 100 to 250 cc for each of the segments - whats your pick of choice as a bike for daily commute/long rides ?

350Z

Core Team

I was browsing through your website and read the story of Hero Corp. attempting to sue you and Hormazd for 100 crores. What was your ‘technical’ response to the advocates?

PS: Those who’re interested can read the full story here: Dilip Bam Sued For Rs.100 Crores For Defaming Hero Corp.

dilip-bam-sued-for-rs-100-cr.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #54

Gentlemen,
Awaiting
Dilip Bam
Dear Dilip Sir,

I can't believe you are here.

Many heartfelt and sincere thanks to you for registering here. For people like me, its a childhood fantasy come true to be a direct recipient of your wisdom through a public forum like TAI.

I was probably 11 or 12 years old when I first read your road test in Car & Bike International and thereafter I read more and more of them in Auto India (Shaolin, Splendor, Sensation, Supremo, Caliber, Marvel.........). I still have copies of those magazines. I remember many of your quotes verbatim and its certainly not because I have a sharp memory. They way you wrote (and write[:)] - may you live for long) left an indelible imprint on my mind all through these years.

How I wish you still wrote for auto magazines but I could probably guess why you are not writing for them. Lets not mention such reasons here.

You vanished after the Auto India period and after the gap of a few years I jumped with joy when I found you again on indiabike. The same attitude, the same words, the same 'bottle test'. Ha ha. I had to browse through several hundreds of pages of asinine questions on motorcycles shot to you by juvenile visitors on that forum to finally arrive at one of your ever so cheeky replies wherein, to my great joy, you had mentioned your email id. There is God in this world after all, even if you believe it otherwise ha !

I would like to express my deep gratitude to our friendly Moderator Iron Rock (Amit) to persuade you to join this forum, and to the forum owner Vibhor for according you the Honoured Member status. Thanks Amit, Vibhor.

Just finished reading your Sahara Travelogue and I must say that it would be a disgrace if you don't get it published/publicized. A person who was willing to get his modesty outraged for the sake of riding a Kinetic Honda across the most inhospitable terrain in the world ought to be known by more and more people, not only in India but also in the 'Hole' world. Ditto about Selling Hashish in Vietnam.

I must admit that I am a selfish man. If there were a means to store your knowledge and experiences on a hard drive, I'd already have done that. But since I can't, I earnestly request you to contribute as much as you can to the automotive fraternity. At your age,and with the kind of chequered life that you have led, I know you would be beyond things like money and fame but you have to understand Sir that there is only one Dilip Bam. There never was one and there never will be another. So we can't wait - we need all of him KwiK lee like Bruce Lee!!

Thank you again Sir. Thank you very much.

I still can't believe you are here.

Regards,
Sam

Dilip Sir,

A very warm Welcome to The Automotive India. We feel honored to have you on our forum.

I am sure we will now have no queries unresolved in the 2 wheeler section since the Guru himself is here [;)]. With a riding experience of just over 20k kms, I consider myself a rookie so questions can hardly be expected from me[:)].

I hope you have a wonderful stay onboard, and hope to gain some techy two wheeler knowledge from you.

Gentlemen,
Awaiting
Dilip Bam
I can just say that i am honored to be with you on this forum. It would be nice to have some discussions with you sir. Its definitely gonna increase our knowledge about machines. Thanks thanks for being aboard.

Thanks and Regards
Vivek Rajput

It seems Dilip sir is not active and lot of questions are pending for him[:)]
True. No. of post :1

I too thought of asking question once he start responding !

Dilip Sir,
We are all waiting for your replies

God bless you with good health !

@ Dilip sir ,

Great great pleasure to have you on the forum . All bike lovers will surely benefit from your immense knowledge . Thanx .

Mods - can we make a sticky thread were interested members can ask questions to Dilip sir ?

Like " Ask Mr Dilip Bham "
True. No. of post :1

I too thought of asking question once he start responding !

Dilip Sir,
We are all waiting for your replies

God bless you with good health !
It seems Dilip sir is not active and lot of questions are pending for him[:)]
Gentlemem:
I am just a semi-educated motorcycle mechanic. I do not know anything about computers and software. Even coming to this site is a heavy effort for me. I would be happpeee to answer all queries on my own website Welcome to DilipBam.com - DilipBam.com under "ASK ME". You can read my SAHARA crossing story under AUTOBiOGRAPHY on the same website. You can read my Confessions of a Taxi Driver when I was a Taxi Driver in Bombay in 1980-81-82. Many other things as well.
best wishes
Dilip Bam

Dear Dilip Sir,

I can't believe you are here.

Many heartfelt and sincere thanks to you for registering here. For people like me, its a childhood fantasy come true to be a direct recipient of your wisdom through a public forum like TAI.

I was probably 11 or 12 years old when I first read your road test in Car & Bike International and thereafter I read more and more of them in Auto India (Shaolin, Splendor, Sensation, Supremo, Caliber, Marvel.........). I still have copies of those magazines. I remember many of your quotes verbatim and its certainly not because I have a sharp memory. They way you wrote (and write[:)] - may you live for long) left an indelible imprint on my mind all through these years.

How I wish you still wrote for auto magazines but I could probably guess why you are not writing for them. Lets not mention such reasons here.

You vanished after the Auto India period and after the gap of a few years I jumped with joy when I found you again on indiabike. The same attitude, the same words, the same 'bottle test'. Ha ha. I had to browse through several hundreds of pages of asinine questions on motorcycles shot to you by juvenile visitors on that forum to finally arrive at one of your ever so cheeky replies wherein, to my great joy, you had mentioned your email id. There is God in this world after all, even if you believe it otherwise ha !

I would like to express my deep gratitude to our friendly Moderator Iron Rock (Amit) to persuade you to join this forum, and to the forum owner Vibhor for according you the Honoured Member status. Thanks Amit, Vibhor.

Just finished reading your Sahara Travelogue and I must say that it would be a disgrace if you don't get it published/publicized. A person who was willing to get his modesty outraged for the sake of riding a Kinetic Honda across the most inhospitable terrain in the world ought to be known by more and more people, not only in India but also in the 'Hole' world. Ditto about Selling Hashish in Vietnam.

I must admit that I am a selfish man. If there were a means to store your knowledge and experiences on a hard drive, I'd already have done that. But since I can't, I earnestly request you to contribute as much as you can to the automotive fraternity. At your age,and with the kind of chequered life that you have led, I know you would be beyond things like money and fame but you have to understand Sir that there is only one Dilip Bam. There never was one and there never will be another. So we can't wait - we need all of him KwiK lee like Bruce Lee!!

Thank you again Sir. Thank you very much.

I still can't believe you are here.

Regards,
Sam
I am here. Mai Hoo Na ! ! ! ! !

Last edited by a moderator:
Dilip Sir,

For 20 year old responsible teenager which bike you would recommend under 1.5 lakhs, we have shortlisted

Yamaha R15 V2
KTM Duke 200
Pulsar NS
CBR 150
Karizma ZMR

Thanks,
Alok

Top Bottom