The Dream came home Punto Emotion PK. -1200km done.

Currently I am getting Average as 13 KM/Lit [frustration] in 100% city driving. Lot of peoples getting more than 17 Km/lit in city.

Please suggest me correct gear to use at what RPM or Speed to get good economy in fiat Punto. I tried to search it in the forums but nothing conclusive results. :help:
First service has been done?
Normally fe increases after first servicing.

Thread Starter #18
First service has been done?
Normally fe increases after first servicing.
[:D] How much they billed for 1st servicing.
How much you was getting FE before servicing and now after servicing. What things they do in 1st servicing. I have heard that wheel balancing in free in first servicing. [:)]

[:D] How much they billed for 1st servicing.
How much you was getting FE before servicing and now after servicing. What things they do in 1st servicing. I have heard that wheel balancing in free in first servicing. [:)]
Check this thread - http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f.../1483-actual-maintenance-cost-cars-india.html

My 1st servicing cost was 0(zero).

The wheel alignment is free, you might have to pay for wheel balancing.

My FE figure is almost same, after 1000KM.

Welll nice ride buddy.[:D]
I like especially Red And White punto's, they look so grand the silver one's quite dull finish is what i feel.

That is one great car to own up.

In coimbatore , a punto came for mesh works , first time i was using that car . great driving position , felt like a rally driver !

I can feel what rsm have reported months back!

ilango[speed thirst];35814 said:
That is one great car to own up.

In coimbatore , a punto came for mesh works , first time i was using that car . great driving position , felt like a rally driver !

I can feel what rsm have reported months back!
Glad to know that Ilango.[:)]

OT - What is mesh work?

Glad to know that Ilango.[:)]

OT - What is mesh work?
RSM mesh is the part that covers the radiator that allows air flow to engine compartment and radiator.
The front grill with the stock one's are replaced if the owners are obsessed with their original one's.
They want to make looks different from other cars.
It enhances the look of the vehicle.
As you can see in naveen's customised swift.[:)]

Last edited:
Hey Buddy, congrats on the GP! Looks really good in red. I like the steering mounted audio controls.

The seat height adjustment, does it vary the height of the seat as a whole or is it a see saw kind of arrangement?

Regarding the FE, it depends a lot on your driving style too. You mentioned that you are new to driving, or so I assumed. If you have been driving petrol cars before, you could find it to cause problems for diesel, well not completely.

Diesel cars have so much more torque that you should learn to use that to your advantage.
Try to shift up and shift down soon. So that means not staying in a lower gear for too long and waiting it to reach 3000 RPM. Change the gears around 1500 RPM. Diesel car can give a wonderful push at 2nd and 3rd gears at lower speeds and you don't even have to use throttle. This can be used in slow moving traffic where you can control the car with just clutch and break.

Try this, may be on a less used road but having humps. Get to second gear before you reach the humps and control the car with the clutch and breaks. You should be able to feel the pull at that point. The car will cross the humps without any fuss and by the time you cross it, you will also have a good momentum which you can carry on with just a little throttle. You cannot do this with a petrol car since its torque works differently.
I do the above even with AC on and it works like a charm.

Most importantly, go through the manual. They usually provide tips on how to get the best out of your car. For a fact, we know that Punto gives around 16-17, so that should be a backing. You can definitely get around that if you can adjust your driving a little bit.

And yes, do not use the Turbo unless it is necessary. A diesel can can pickup weil without the use of turbo. Unless a car has turbo lag, which I don't think GP has, you should be fine.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #28
Hey Buddy, congrats on the GP! Looks really good in red. I like the steering mounted audio controls.

Yes. Me also fond of this functionality and Blue and Me

The seat height adjustment, does it vary the height of the seat as a whole or is it a see saw kind of arrangement?

The Height seat adjustment varies height of seat as whole.

Regarding the FE, it depends a lot on your driving style too. You mentioned that you are new to driving, or so I assumed. If you have been driving petrol cars before, you could find it to cause problems for diesel, well not completely.

I am new to cars of any type. I never drove any petrol car also. it like Diesel is my 1st car.

Diesel cars have so much more torque that you should learn to use that to your advantage.
Try to shift up and shift down soon. So that means not staying in a lower gear for too long and waiting it to reach 3000 RPM. Change the gears around 1500 RPM. Diesel car can give a wonderful push at 2nd and 3rd gears at lower speeds and you don't even have to use throttle. This can be used in slow moving traffic where you can control the car with just clutch and break.

My Lot of friends who have M800 or Indica feel like its Rocket :stupid:

Try this, may be on a less used road but having humps. Get to second gear before you reach the humps and control the car with the clutch and breaks. You should be able to feel the pull at that point. The car will cross the humps without any fuss and by the time you cross it, you will also have a good momentum which you can carry on with just a little throttle. You cannot do this with a petrol car since its torque works differently.
I do the above even with AC on and it works like a charm.

In Punto i do not feel power loss due to AC.

Most importantly, go through the manual. They usually provide tips on how to get the best out of your car. For a fact, we know that Punto gives around 16-17, so that should be a backing. You can definitely get around that if you can adjust your driving a little bit.

Hum. I am getting used to it really fast.

And yes, do not use the Turbo unless it is necessary. A diesel can can pickup weil without the use of turbo. Unless a car has turbo lag, which I don't think GP has, you should be fine.

Do you suggesting keeping below Turbo kick RPM range.

[cheers] for such detailed Advice.

Last edited:

Top Bottom