The Beast Comes Home: Mahindra Scorpio SLE M-Hawk

Thread Starter #181
Sorry for too many typos in the last post.

As of today , the hungry rat ate the whole of Mortein rat kill. so dead body should available within a day or two. [;)]

Also seems many in the building premises , have had their share of rat problems.

So the building management have voluntarily have done the rat treatment today in the building premises. [:)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #182
Done with the fourth service aka first paid service.

Total cost projected was 7.1K [surprise]

The break up showed some engine decarbonising treament worth 1.5k.

Flatly refused to pay for that.

So total bill amount came to 5,514.00

This comprised of engine oil, oil filter change as well as diesel filter change.

Do not know if diesel decarbonisation was necessary or not, or may be its the engine oil change.

But the acceleration, ovearall nvh seems to have improved.[:D]

Thread Starter #183
Just been back from my native place to attend the Ganesh chaturthi festival.

Route used NH4 via Gaganbavda

Came back using via Phonda ghat-Radhanagari.

Toll paid : nil [:D](while coming back)

Apart from the bad roads at Panvel and roads leading to Kolhapur from Kankavli via Gaganbavda and Phonda ghat the journey was without any problems.

Scorpio performed very well all along the e-way in Pune and bad streches of roads.

Still yet to calculate the mileage figures.

And the pending polish job will be undertaken as soon as the rains recede. [embarass]

Attachments

I meant, for me a mesh seems to be the only solution. I have tried these options you have suggested too, but didn't work for me. They have cut the fog lamp wiring and the AC wiring a record 9 times. Multiple layers of taping have helped in protecting the AC wiring of late but could not save the fog lamp. So have just left it alone.[cry]
I had similar issues with my Scorpio, none of them work.

The solution is in the way we park the vehicle, Park you Scorpio with its front wheels straight. This will not have much space for the rats to jump and reach the engine bay. With the wheels turned it makes it very easy for the rats to climb the wheels and on to the engine bay.

This has worked with me for past 3 years, and hope it works for you guys.

Thread Starter #185
I had similar issues with my Scorpio, none of them work.

The solution is in the way we park the vehicle, Park you Scorpio with its front wheels straight. This will not have much space for the rats to jump and reach the engine bay. With the wheels turned it makes it very easy for the rats to climb the wheels and on to the engine bay.

This has worked with me for past 3 years, and hope it works for you guys.
i have always parked my car with the tyres straight.

but the car is parked at an angle with the compound wall.

cant help with the spot, since all other spots are taken.[anger]

The pictures reveal very little. I would suggest just get it checked at a local garage. Once you know the source, then its your decision to get it repaired there or at a Mahindra A.S.S.

^ i am wondering if it is oil leakage or if it is normal?
Superbad, i feel that this could be the earlier oil that was accumulated.

Did you check for the drop in level of fluids, brake oil, engine oil and others.

Clean that stained portion, and check whether there is leakage in few days?

Do you clean the engine bay with water? Why are those parts rusted?

Thread Starter #190
its the grainy image of the camera. my mobile.

it is the rain water mixed with mud which gets sprinkled around. there is no rust anywhere.

also i have kept a check of the all the fluid levels. all are fine

Last edited:
its the grainy image of the camera. my mobile.

it is the rain water mixed with mud which gets sprinkled around. there is no rust anywhere.

also i have kept a check of the all the fluid levels. all are fine
Can you post the pic of entire engine bay?

I was referring to this.
1.jpg

Thread Starter #192
it is no rust . it was the same color right from the start :confused:

will post the pic from a decent camera

Last edited:
Thread Starter #193
adding those pictures taken from my mobile

as one can see , there is no rust in it.

checked that part as well, there is no oil dripping on the ground and also of what i can remember, it is the earlier diesel remains of the rat infestation.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi Superbad,
Sorry to join in late but congrats on a very well written review of your beast. You have been sharing your experiences on a regular basis and for a person who is in dilemma whether to go for scorpio or XUV your suggestions can be of very helpful. After owning your beast for quite sometime do you think going for scorpio would be better or opting for W6 is good. I have already left out W8 considering the large number of gadgets it has. Do share your views on this. Thanks in advance.

Thread Starter #195
Hi Superbad,
Sorry to join in late but congrats on a very well written review of your beast. You have been sharing your experiences on a regular basis and for a person who is in dilemma whether to go for scorpio or XUV your suggestions can be of very helpful. After owning your beast for quite sometime do you think going for scorpio would be better or opting for W6 is good. I have already left out W8 considering the large number of gadgets it has. Do share your views on this. Thanks in advance.
Thank you for your wishes.[:D]

At the current pricing (thanks to the additional taxation by the govt) even an SLE variant of the scorpio would cost upwards of 11 lacs OTR that too without proper ICE , leather/art leather seat covers etc.

Comparing the scorpio vis an XUV is a no go strictly because the vfm quotient on the XUV far exceeds the benefits of the scorpio.

Reliability wise though the scorpio is a reliable beast ,those graduating from a hatch might need to be careful with the clutch of the mhawk.
avoid riding the scorpio or the xuv in half clutch, since the clutch failure is a major niggle found among mhawk scorpios.
the scorpio can amble along without any accelerator input if in proper gearing thanks to the torque at lower revs.

With regards to the XUV, i felt it more comfy seating wise than the scorpio, the view just right on the road, not too tall, not too low.
the driving characteristics, the available power on tap is a boon when negotiating city traffic as well as highways was better in the XUV.

The scorpio has an upper hand with slow moving traffic where frequent gear changes would not be required vis a vis an XUV . the comparison is not fair since both have different gear boxes (5 vs the 6 speed on the XUV).

What xuv has improved is the handling characteristics on high speeds. You will be always driving the XUV deceptively quicker, this would be realised only by looking at the speedo.

My take:
If you have the money for an XUV W6, go for it instead of the vlx variant of the scorpio.

I would prefer the VLX variant only for the automatic variant of the Scorpio.

Reliability wise for XUV, those niggles are being taken care of and that would be an ongoing process. It was the same for the scorpio since its inception from 2003.

they have had their share of engine changes, suspension tweaks all along its timeline.

So the call between XUV and scorpio would boil down to competency of your local A.S.S.
If the local A.S.S is good enough, i see no harm in opting for an XUV ahead of the scorpio for the reasons mentioned above.

Last edited:

Top Bottom