Technical Help for Opel Astra

Thread Starter #1
Hi Good Morning,

i have an OPEL ASTRA 1.6
some days ago i met with an minor accident and because of that the oil chamber's broke & full oil fall on the road. I didn't saw the the oil & i ran the car around 10 km without the oil. Came home & park the car than call mechanic. He came i started car a very loud sound was coming from engine. He said your car engine is seased. But some days later my 1 friend he's also a mechanic he came,we filled oil tank full than start the car it started in normal sound we drive it in the ground it was ran fine. He said if in engine is seased so car can not move from that place even 1-2 meter.. Now i want to know by you guys because you all are more educated and experience than me. And my mechanics.. Please help me

Last edited by a moderator:
You shouldn't drive a car if the engine oil leaked from engine .
however it doesn't like it has ceased.
Ceased mean you cannot crank (start) the car. If you crank and sounds like its breaking something than it means yes it has ceased.

Thread Starter #3
Codename47... Thank u for d important info... But sir my car is starting normally. Its sound also normal. But a very low "kit kit" sound coming from engine. And its moving i drove it in my ground after filling the oil tank full but dats leaking. So now what should i do? Can replacing of OIL CHAMBER will work or not? Please reply

your car seemed to be in temporary seizure, it happens your main bigen seizes due to oil starvation but when cooled they became free car can start & run normally but will not perform fully will give less power but that again depends on amount of damage.
change the chamber & refill with oil after that you can use your vehicle.

Thread Starter #5
oh wow.. it would be a wonder for me if my car will run properly.I will accept the less power but I want that car back. because it was my first car and many unforgettable memories attached with that car. okay I will give it to my mechanic. THANK YOU SO MUCH ... GOD BLESS YOU [:)]

Thread Starter #6
hey can anybody tell me. my engine's oil chamber is broken from down site. and oil is leaking. so can gas welding will cure the problem or need to change the oil chamber of OPEL ASTRA/???

Akram afaik opel's chamber is made from aluminium so you will have t get aluminium welding done on the other hand you can open the chamber & fill the crack with mseal Iam not sure whether it will work but still you can experiment

Thread Starter #9
Nanhi 99.. sir I've checked the M-SEAL but its not working.. a huge amount of M-Seal I've used but its not working still there's oil leaking. but before using of M-seal there was fluent oil leaking & after that its leaking in drops. but not working so I think I've to change the chamber. but sir can you tell me how much cost it will take. I mean I've to buy a new chamber or old chamber from any old car's junk-yard. and how much it costs and how much money will mechanic take for it. because I had word with my mechanic so he said he need to open full engine to change the chamber and full expense will above 2-3k ..

Akram I don't think there is any need to open the engine just to change the chamber, it can be done from beneath the engine kindly check with some other mechanic, old chamber from Mayapuri in Delhi would be around 1000 Rs but in Bhopal you will have to do some research

Top Bottom