Tata Zest Test Drive and Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Tata Zest is having a very good interiors. It was clearly a very big step from TATA motors. I wish them a great success on this.

Yesterday i got my hands wet with Zest.

Tata has setup a stall in our office premises and literally they were calling people for a test drive.

I really could not believe i am riding a TATA car :)

Zest ticks almost all of the check boxes in the areas of appearence, comfort, infotaiment and the ride quality.

Overall i am very impressed and now it stands on the top of my list for my new purchase.

Well done TATA. You have got a trump card on your hands now, price it wisely.

Oh Karl! you would have been so happy if you would have been around!

Its out now, here is the mouthwatering price tag

Tata Zest Petrol Prices:

Tata Zest XE – INR 4.64 lakhs
Tata Zest XM – INR 5.25 lakhs
Tata Zest XMS – INR 5.43 lakhs
Tata Zest XT – INR 5.99 lakhs

Tata Zest Diesel Prices:

Tata Zest 75 PS XE – INR 5.64 lakhs
Tata Zest XM – INR 6.27 lakhs
Tata Zest AMT XMA – INR 6.99 lakhs
Tata Zest XMS – INR 6.45 lakhs
Tata Zest XT – INR 6.99 lakhs

News source : Tata Zest launched at INR 4.64 lakhs

Thanks Anshuman for very informative article. Zest appear to be feature rich (esp ICE, Navigation, parking sensors, DRL) & will give stiff competition to Amaze & Xcent.
Hope it become turning point for TATA sales figures.

Looks like Tata has got a winner up its hands now:
1) Turbo petrol engine, but no GDI like rivals(This gives K, Kappa and i-vtec an advantage of being technically advanced). I wish it had GDI too and it would have been a killer. Still, the engine has raw power and very strong power delivery in mid range - what else do one needs?
2) Turbo diesel with VGT in all except base variant.
3) Better fit and finish.
4) Loaded with features.

Now I wish their A.S.S. wont screw up the ownership experience of the owners.

That is the most crucial point. Apart from anything else they should expand their network of service immediately.
I inquired for Zest a couple of days back and today I had a call from their marketing team. Not only this, but when I asked for TD they booked it right there and within half an hour I had an another call asking: When and where I need the TD?
I asked if I can drive the car for 50-60 kms and the answer was 'yes' within a second.

Looks like they are slowly moving the way Karl wanted Tata to move. I wish today Karl was alive to see how he has transformed Tata(He used to say that a new Tata is under construction) and how the car Tata prepared is actually going on impressing everyone looking at it and driving it.[:)][clap]

I hope their A.S.S. will now follow the same trend and get the Tata motors back into action.

Just saw the Zest in flesh. The overall quality of the TATA has increased by leaps and bounds. Remove the TATA badge and you wont come to know its a TATA car.
The fit and finish levels have gone up, the instrument cluster looks vow.
The steering feel is good and the sound insulation is also good.
The overall feel of the vehicle is excellent.
The sales guy told me the basic variant is also equipped with alloys[surprise].
He also mentioned that it has first in segment Projector Lights, DRLS, Voice Command System, and a fairly decent sounding 8-Speaker Harman-JBL developed ICE.
Tata you have a long way to go.[:)]

Just saw the Zest in flesh. The overall quality of the TATA has increased by leaps and bounds. Remove the TATA badge and you wont come to know its a TATA car.
The fit and finish levels have gone up, the instrument cluster looks vow.
The steering feel is good and the sound insulation is also good.
The overall feel of the vehicle is excellent.
The sales guy told me the basic variant is also equipped with alloys[surprise].
He also mentioned that it has first in segment Projector Lights, DRLS, Voice Command System, and a fairly decent sounding 8-Speaker Harman-JBL developed ICE.
Tata you have a long way to go.[:)]
The only car in the segment to have alloys coupled with 185 section rubber as standard throughout the range [clap]

Adding to it, all the variants of 90 hp diesel have ABS as standard and the Harman ICE is something that also must be called a feature in between those mediocre ICE systems those we get in DZire, Amaze and Xcent.

And it is a DIESEL AUTOMATIC! They have a winner in their hands, its just that they need to market it properly and the A.S.S. must be good enough to address any initial issues(some will come for sure) and they are done. Way to go for Tata.

But just one variant of AMT is something they need to rethink. Get a XTA variant. Also XM and XMA price difference is 72K. Is Tata motors taking things for granted ??[sleep]

I had booked the car in advance. My order number being 296 in India. The concorde motors at Mysore road still doesn't have a display car for me to confirm the colour. I would be going with Revotron XT beige or sky grey. Fingers crossed.[cheers]
How is T.A.S.S until now. Active??
Congratulations..[clap] Heard that earlier the booking no:, earlier the delivery..
Online users are blessed..!![;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom