Tata Zest Review & Pictures: Zestful Endeavour

Re: Tata Zest: Review | Test Drive | Pictures

Excellent Review Vibhor [clap]

Here is a small review about Zest(QJT) from the Vista(QJT) rider[;)]

Looks : Good build with proper fit and Finish. liked it
Headlights : I like the corona lights very much.
Interior : Improved quality in all over the area. Liked the integrated tweeters on the doors.
Space : Hope everyone is aware of this. As usual a typical TATA car.
Boot : Decent boot space but exposed wires mechanism looks not good.
Console : Beautiful consoles as like other TATA cars.
Test Drive : Zest comes with 90BHP engine, but there is nill Turbo lag which we commonly face in Vista/Manza. Linear pickup is really impressive and very comfortable for city drive. due to Nill turbo lag, there is no Turbo punch in Mid.

Steering feedback : Steering feedback is amazingly wonderful. Small steering looks cute and its feedback is excellent.

Breaks : There is no more Nose dive feeling in TATA. Yes, Zest stops steadily without any nose dive. Breaks are Excellent and accurate.

Color : Grey color looks like black and I liked it very much.
Paint quality : As usual excellent paint Job by TATA.
IMG_20141024_135147594_HDR.jpg

IMG_20141026_155326172.jpg

And Finally the happiest news is "ZEST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR TAXI" [clap]

TATA really done a wonderful Job in Zest. It will definitely make a big change[thumbsup]

Last edited:
@ 350 Z

the sun visors mentioned here in the review is not part of the standard accessory in production cars [sad]. I did check with TM on the same. The territory sales manager have confirmed the fact.

Please share your opinion.

@ 350 Z
Excellent review - sorry forgot to mention earlier.
Need one opinion
Shall I opt for the artificial leather seat covers offered by TATA or I leave the seat as it is?? Following are the facts to be considered.
Do not have a closed parking
Cannot afford to install pure leather seat covers
Will be driving mostly with A/C on in the city

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi TAI-gers,

This is my first post after I joined TAI today even though I was a guest user since couple of months
I wanted to buy my first car and considered every car right from Alto to Polo depending on many parameters. After weeks of research and confusion and apprehension over spending 8+ lakhs of money, finally I booked Tata Zest QJD on 25th Oct.

Choosing colour was/is a big headache as everyone in the family including me liked white. My wife disagreed & said anything but white Finally ended up booking Sky grey! which was never in my mind.

Then went through the forums and found this is the most difficult colour to maintain!! Also Heat problem, poor visibility and scratches being other issues with black. For me, safety is the utmost concern overriding looks and also don't want to keep washing my car multiple times in a week.

Now I have almost decided to change the colour to white or silver. White is having many +ves except for every cab being white.

I have just paid booking amount and of course SA guys at True Sai works, Hosur were polite and honest. So will it be easy/possible for me to change the colour now?

Also your views on ease of maintenance of white car please?

Hi Guys new to this forum but active as guest user.

We booked sky grey zest (QJD) XMS on 2nd OCT and finally got confirmation on 25 for delivery, but today when we went to pay the amount. We were told the price of Zest has been increased from 14th Oct, the amount is too small rs 365, can any one confirm if this is true that zest price has been increased or its dealer trick, its not abt paying 365, but I have read in many forum that dealer use such tactics and provide false info to the customers.

I also need few more details,
1. Dealer quoted 20400 for insurance TATA AIG, what will be the diff in service if I go for another insurance instead of dealers.
My Insurance agent quoted below,
TATA AIG-IDV
Normal : 19047
Addon : 23258

Iffco-Tokio
Normal:19769
Addon: 20188

Chola MS
Normal:22655
Addon:24683

2. Regarding accessories Dealer quoted 1100 for mat, 8000 for coating (including 3 yrs warranty for coating ) and 650 for mud flaps. I have no issues with Mud flap and mat, but coating.. can any one suggest if the coating is worth and required.

Can you guys also suggest best site to purchase accessories online, and what is the labour charge if we purchase accessories instead of dealer.

TAI Exclusive:
There’s a strong possibility of Tata Zest coming with CNG and features like Start-Stop button and tyre pressure monitoring system in future.
On a very close look, you’ll find non-functional icons of same on the instrument cluster. Now guess what? You’re reading this first on TheAutomotiveIndia.
@350Z can we have any pictures on that ?
Needless to say, excellent review.

Hi TAI-gers,

This is my first post after I joined TAI today even though I was a guest user since couple of months
I wanted to buy my first car and considered every car right from Alto to Polo depending on many parameters. After weeks of research and confusion and apprehension over spending 8+ lakhs of money, finally I booked Tata Zest QJD on 25th Oct.

Choosing colour was/is a big headache as everyone in the family including me liked white. My wife disagreed & said anything but white Finally ended up booking Sky grey! which was never in my mind.

Then went through the forums and found this is the most difficult colour to maintain!! Also Heat problem, poor visibility and scratches being other issues with black. For me, safety is the utmost concern overriding looks and also don't want to keep washing my car multiple times in a week.

Now I have almost decided to change the colour to white or silver. White is having many +ves except for every cab being white.

I have just paid booking amount and of course SA guys at True Sai works, Hosur were polite and honest. So will it be easy/possible for me to change the colour now?

Also your views on ease of maintenance of white car please?
Hi,

The same difficulty i faced while choosing the color. I liked Sky grey very much and booked, but my mother and wife said it looks like black. So they wanted to change the color. Finally after lot of discussion changed to white and got delivered on 24th Oct.

White looks very premium not like taxi white.

Ravi Nalla

Hi,

The same difficulty i faced while choosing the color. I liked Sky grey very much and booked, but my mother and wife said it looks like black. So they wanted to change the color. Finally after lot of discussion changed to white and got delivered on 24th Oct.

White looks very premium not like taxi white.

Ravi Nalla
Thanks Ravi... that helps. In my case, everyone in family is fine with sky grey but only I am against it for practical reasons even though I too liked sky grey.

Now I am on the verge of changing colour to Pristine white!

Re: Tata Zest: Pictorial Review

Comprehensive review with very fine details. Will definitely help the buyers in making the decision.

There are 2 very small correction required to make it perfect.

CD option has been mentioned. But Music System doesn't come with CD player.
This multi-faceted touch screen 5” head unit can also be used to operate the climate control in an Airbus A320 fashion, apart from serving as rear parking sensor display on tap of a button. While you could listen to favorite audio tracks through FM / AM / CD / USB / Aux-in etc., the built-in Bluetooth technology enables users to pair their Smartphones, allowing access to their phonebook, call logs, read SMS etc on the go using car’s infotainment system.
I have seen this feature working for other doors also.
  • If lock button on remote is pressed with driver's door open, an audible warning is heard. But if any other door is open, the car gets locked.

Last edited:

Thanks Ravi... that helps. In my case, everyone in family is fine with sky grey but only I am against it for practical reasons even though I too liked sky grey.

Now I am on the verge of changing colour to Pristine white!
Hi,
First thing is you can always go and change the color option as long as the invoice is not raised in your name.

If you think that Sky Grey looks good ... then I would sincerely suggest please go for it.

You should not be worried about car picking up dust because all the shades pick up the same amount of dust and dirt. The only problem is how much will it show up. I used to have a dark red Maruti alto with open parking(which I sold of in OLX for a pretty good deal to cover up the down payment). Even I had the issue of dust showing up pretty bad. But then I Used a special car duster with handle which I used once in a day and the car looked neat. Its very easy to use and low maintenance stuff. you can pick it up for 500 INR.
Visibility factor should not be a concern as long as the tail lamps and parking lights are working fine. Moreover these days all the national highways and city roads are adequately lit up during the night times.
So my suggestion is to stick with the sky grey if you like the color. After all Zest in that shade is going to be a rare sight on the roads [:D]

@350Z- Good Review.
I have read reviews and test drives couple of times and about to book vehicle.
But my friends and others constantly warning about the "Never buy first model of TATA motors"
But personally I liked the car and service is improving from TML
I need some inputs from Zest QJD owners what do you think about is it worthful to buy or risking ourselves putting hard earned amount on TML.

@wincy

sorry for not making it very clear earlier. The problem with me is that I was ok with any color with the looks even though some looked better and not fond of any particular color including sky grey or white [confused]

Somehow i could not convince myself for sky grey with the perceived disadvantages but convinced my wife successfully and changed the color to Pristine White just couple of hours ago [:D]

@ Vibhor

The mud in engine bay issue picture doesn't show the real effected area.
its just behind the Head light assembly.

I need some inputs from Zest QJD owners what do you think about is it worthful to buy or risking ourselves putting hard earned amount on TML.
I'm a QJD XT owner and can tell you that the car is worth taking the risk with TML.
Only worry is the mud in Engine bay Issue which they are saying that fix is in the works.
Other than that, There is nothing that should hold you back from owning Zest.

Top Bottom